Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Toothpaste

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Oxfam pulled out and the red cross is right behind them
    #1866424 - 08/30/03 06:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well it seems America cant just "build" nations like they used to, with all the worlds attention on Iraq they can just say, slap a pinnocet in power like they did in Italy (SEPTEMBER 11th 1973!!!)

So, as pressure builds , and the only thing focused on is pipelines, and oil, oxfam international has pulled out and the red cross is now pulling out.

It alway WAS and will continue to be about OIL, Haliburtan for example now is MAKING MONEY, from SABATOGE!
and who is footing the bill???

America???

No its the people of Iraq and their future children!!!!, thats right debt gets racked up for Iraq , but for halibutan its bussiness as usual !

Bush and his devil's thought of this before hand , and with all the money the war is costing , why have yet another bill
let the Iraqis pick up the TAG!

Water and electricty HAVE NOT been restored!, and if it has its not in large areas!
SO WHY THEN IS OIL FLOWING
what IMPORTANT????

"liberating the people of Iraq"
well they are free an things are WORSE( in some respects, I am not defending a dictator)

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Oxfam pulled out and the red cross is right behind them [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1866466 - 08/30/03 06:54 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

halliburton

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Oxfam pulled out and the red cross is right behind them [Re: ]
    #1866495 - 08/30/03 07:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yes Halliburton

that Cheny used to work for !

and for some "strange" reason the president of afganistan worked their , and before the Taliban the US was going to attack afganistan anyway!

also did you knwo a pipeline was setup shortly following the afgan war??, between afganistan and pakistan??

guess what Halliburton wanted BEFORE the war???
that pipeline, as if they said , "well thats fine Taliban, I will get my older brother after you"
thus bombs fell

is their NOTHING the ameircan government wouldnt do for their corporations???, like could Phillip Knight of Nike get a blowjob from bush if he asked??

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Oxfam pulled out and the red cross is right behind them [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1866501 - 08/30/03 07:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

silly me

america has BECOME its corporations, with 4 out of 5 of the "intolerable acts" that caused america to become a nation repeated through free trade , and PR an lobby groups, acting as the "grassroots"

Halliburton is America
America is halliburton

just say the word, and we will change our laws, your the boss my corporate master

SHEESH!

--------------------

Anonymous

#1866539 - 08/30/03 07:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

honestly dude... The Corporations aren't controlling you, or your life, or anything.

a corporation is nothing more than a group of people getting together and pooling their resources for a business venture.

corporations can try to persuade you to do things, but they cannot force you to do anything. if you want to boycott meat and deoderant, ride a bicycle around, make your own soap and toothpaste, and grow your own vegetables, no one's telling you you can't.

don't like a corporation? don't buy their shit. simple.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1866644 - 08/30/03 08:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Right, so ... um, no more Halliburton products for me.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Oxfam pulled out and the red cross is right behind them [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1866664 - 08/30/03 08:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

you can choose to boycott gasoline companies which use halliburton made or operated equipment and infrastructure if it makes you sleep easier.

or you could stop driving.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#1866667 - 08/30/03 08:28 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

WHAT!!!!!!

how can you say(some of those things!!)

do you read ????

here try  these books, if you american library has them! :grin:

NO LOGO
the WTO a citizens guide
The myth of a good corporate citizen:democracy under the rule of big bussiness

to say that corporations are not in control is NIEVE , try reading WHEN CORPORATIONS RULE THE WORLD , for example!

or check out these sites

http://www.corpwatch.org/issues/PII.jsp?topicid=112
http://www.corpwatch.org/issues/PII.jsp?topicid=104

corporations DO HAVE CONTROL

heres an example, as if most of Americas intolerable acts being repeated wasent enough!

MMT "was" pulled out of gas in canada , and the government here made a big deal about it, protecting the futre ETC ETC, but then they let it back in !
Because
supire!
Corporations HAVE control, ehtyl corp , which is a company in california asked to have the law struck down in Nafta , and OF COURSE it was , but then , a CANADIAN company forced
get this
MTBE on Canada ...............

this is a great example of what I am talking about, here we have corporations on both sides of the border fucking us over while canadians and americans through up their hands and say " there nothing we can do"

or "corporations are not in control"
oh and MUSH, they are condidered persons under US law, thats were alot of americas problems started
with the corporate "I"

http://adbusters.org/campaigns/corporate/flash/

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#1866682 - 08/30/03 08:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Birth of the corporate "i"
Well before the advent of "personhood," corporations had already been granted the privilege of limited liability -- a key component of their immense legal power. What cemented the corporate position more than anything else, however, was the 1886 US Supreme Court ruling in a railbed dispute titled Santa Clara County vs. Southern Pacific Railroad. The ruling held that a private corporation was a "natural person" entitled to all the rights and privileges of a human being. It was one of the greatest blunders in legal history, and it triggered the corporations' 100-year march to global power.

What is the significance of corporate "personhood"?

This granting of corporate "personhood" changed America fundamentally. From that moment on, the country's citizens would have to think of corporations very differently. Every corporation -- though it was still technically only an idea, a paper phantom -- nonetheless had its own "life" now, its own "ego." They could compete directly against real people and demand equal treatment under the law. Were corporations suddenly as powerful as people? No. Because of their vast financial resources, they were now much more powerful. They could defend and exploit their rights and freedoms more vigorously than any individual. In real terms, the corporation was actually more free than any private citizen. The whole intent of the American Constitution -- that all citizens have one vote, and exercise an equal voice in public debates -- had been undermined.

What were corporations like before 1886?

By the middle of the 19th century, the nation's commercial engine was humming, and corporations were becoming an indispensable part of business life. They pushed for and gained extended rights and freedoms in their charters. Then, in a series of landmark decisions, state legislators, one after another, enacted "free incorporation laws" that gave corporations the right to engage in any kind of business they wanted. This was a crucial step in the evolution of the corporate form. Corporations were no longer limited to activities that served the public good, yet they continued to enjoy the extraordinary "limited liability" exemption from investor responsibility that they had historically obtained in the name of public service. During the Civil War, corporations bagged huge profits from procurement contracts. They took advantage of the chaos and corruption of the times to buy judges, legislatures and even presidents. They forced amendments to laws limiting their profits and, in hundreds of cases, won minor legal victories extending their rights and privileges. They had immense political clout. Civil society was reeling, unable to keep up.

not to be a dick , but in mainly NON-American web circles
MOST, if not all that I am saying is common knowledge

is America really in the dark??, many Americans have lead me to think that SOME of the country is not , but with AOL the biggest internet provider, Channel ONE in every school, and TV media that I wont even begin to describe the VILENESS of

sometimes I wonder about the ability of America to "reinvent itself"

--------------------

Anonymous

#1866683 - 08/30/03 08:38 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

you are one seriously paranoid dude. take a deep breath. calm down.

corporations can only exert control when they have some control of the government. i'm all about seperation of business and government. it's really too bad that the two are so closely intertwined.

really man. i don't think you're doing yourself any favors by reading all those conspiracy theories and shit on those websites you like to cite. for one, the content is terribly biased, and to the extent that some of it's true... don't let it get you down man. it's really not very important stuff in the grand scheme of things.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
    #1866976 - 08/30/03 11:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
corporations can only exert control when they have some control of the government. i'm all about seperation of business and government. it's really too bad that the two are so closely intertwined.

I think that was exactly his point; that corporations control the Government, and it's really too bad.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#1867016 - 08/30/03 11:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
you are one seriously paranoid dude. take a deep breath. calm down.

really man. i don't think you're doing yourself any favors by reading all those conspiracy theories and shit on those websites you like to cite. for one, the content is terribly biased, and to the extent that some of it's true... don't let it get you down man. it's really not very important stuff in the grand scheme of things.

Well think whatever you want

but I say that the CNN and other us media are BIAS

Adbusters seems real true to me , just like say Amnesty international does, you see I choose to CONFRONT problems head on rather than burry my head in some well other things are more important

DID YOU READ WHAT I WROTE????, do you understand the words???, corporations having power they just SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAD????

Dont use the amazing universe we live in as an excuss to not focus AT ALL on the planet we live in!
"its not important in the grand scheme of things"?????

YA, the "INTOLERABLE ACTS" you COUNTRY was founded on ARE NOT IMPORTANT
do you like the way that sounds
maybe the White House should make sign outside the front door?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Toothpaste

General Interest >> Political Discussion