Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Cheney's Halliburton [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1460535 - 04/15/03 01:48 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

In canada we get HUGE tax breaks for "donating" to charity. It probably saved him more money than it cost, but he really cares about stuff like that, and is a wonderful person to give so generously.

You get some nice tax breaks here in America too. Is there something wrong with trying to save money? Plus the point is that he will not profit from the company doing well or going bust. It makes no financial difference to him.

Wonder why they withdrew so soon?! Its not like anyone was on to the scheme...

Perhaps they simply wanted to avoid a controversy. Controversy is not good for business.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Cheney's Halliburton "Awarded" 7 billion dollar contract [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1460788 - 04/15/03 03:04 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Its not like anyone was on to the scheme...

Im still not sure what scheme you are referring to. Do you care to enlighten me?

This is like saying the US shouldnt give Boeing contracts to build aircraft and satellites because they have "government ties". Why should the US go through lesser qualified companies that have never worked with the ACOE? Besides, do you know why Halliburton was given a contract so quikly? It was to put out oil fires in Iraq as immediately as possible. That was the ONLY contract Halliburton has recieved in Iraq. I am sure that there will be open bidding on several more contracts for rebuilding after the war is over.

--------------------
:egyptian:

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Cheney's Halliburton "Awarded" 7 billion dollar contract [Re: Catalysis]
    #1460825 - 04/15/03 03:15 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Its not like anyone was on to the scheme...

Im still not sure what scheme you are referring to. Do you care to enlighten me?

The "scheme" of the whole iraqi war so that america companies can "rebuild" iraq (for the iraqi people) and take that price out of resources stolen from iraqi land. Also to establish themselves there, so that they might ensure future business relations with iraq, assuming america doesn't end up controling iraq, and making the people dependant on working for these american companies.

I know your arguments to this, but i believe america will not relinquish control of iraq for many years, if ever, and will strike at other middle eastern countries from iraq ie: syria.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Cheney's Halliburton "Awarded" 7 billion dollar contract [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1460926 - 04/15/03 03:47 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Obviously, both America and Iraqi citizens stand to profit from this war. America will want to be repayed for the war and the Iraq government will be free to use the resources of Iraq on the people. The countries that were stealing from the Iraqi people were Russia, France, Syria and many others who made lucritive deals with Hussain, allowing him to build his lavish palaces while the Iraqi's lived in poverty.

--------------------
:egyptian:

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Cheney's Halliburton "Awarded" 7 billion dollar contract [Re: Catalysis]
    #1461177 - 04/15/03 05:06 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Yes, well i hope amercan intentions are as you hope for...
I've no doubt that it will appear to be better for the iraqis (after all it cant get much worse) but i think america will control iraqi industry before long, and while the iraqis have food, water, money etc...over teh long term they will be a conquered people who sold their country for thier "liberation".

No one can liberate you but yourself!

See, we both want the same goal, i just dont have faith in the system and government to believe they are able to bring about such a goal. I see corporations, and greed, and politics, and men lusting for power........not a glorious nation whom shalll bring peace and order to a troubled region.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Cheney's Halliburton "Awarded" 7 billion dollar contract [Re: Swami]
    #1461395 - 04/15/03 06:17 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

No shame.

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
Re: Cheney's Halliburton [Re: Thor]
    #1463626 - 04/16/03 11:45 AM (21 years, 5 days ago)

maybe i'm mistaken, but i could've swore the contract for putting out the oil fires was 7 MILLION, not 7 BILLION.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Cheney's Halliburton [Re: flow]
    #1463644 - 04/16/03 11:48 AM (21 years, 5 days ago)

The contract was indeed for 7 billion. Or to be more accurate, the potential to pay up to that amount. It was for a worst case senario. I believe ONLY 65 million has been actually billed as there were far fewer fires than was feared.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order