Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Youtubers giving to homeless people to make themselves look good?
    #18638607 -

So, there's this thing where a lot of people on youtube record themselves giving shit away to homeless dudes on the street. Example...







There's many more out there. Sometimes it seems like the people making the videos are being genuinely nice, but it raises the question...

Why do they feel the need to get e-famous and show everybody how nice they are?

Just seems like a lot of these people don't understand homelessness.

On a side note, I've got an itching suspicion some of them staged the whole shebang. :shrug:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Youtubers giving to homeless people to make themselves look good? [Re: Synthe]
    #18638615 -

Bumfights did it! Bumfights did it!

and made money :shrug:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Youtubers giving to homeless people to make themselves look good? [Re: Synthe] * 3
    #18638625 -

I wonder if the homeless people care what the motivation behind the free food is..


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Youtubers giving to homeless people to make themselves look good? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #18639428 -

OP i thought the same thing as well. I believe you are correct in some cases, actually I'm willing to bet your opinion is right the majority of the time. I do believe some are displaying the videos online to inspire and motivate others to follow suit. Perhaps it's simply wishful thinking on my part, but I still feel some are doing good for all the right reasons.


--------------------
 

"I'm chilling in a room with a view, there's always room for improvement; so i grab my coat and go and prove it"-Method Man

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Youtubers giving to homeless people to make themselves look good? [Re: InfiniteToker]
    #18639508 -

":mad: Youtubers giving to homeless people to make themselves look good? "
"Why do they feel the need to get e-famous and show everybody how nice they are? "
"Just seems like a lot of these people don't understand homelessness."

Are you upset that they're helping out these hobos or something? :rofldrunk:

Would you prefer for them to be mean? Like dude :freshwtf:


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Youtubers giving to homeless people to make themselves look good? [Re: Sheekle]
    #18639545 -

I can see they're doing a good thing, but sometimes they talk down to the people they're giving stuff to, talking to them patronizingly and stuff as if they're a whole different species or something. Pretty rude


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Youtubers giving to homeless people to make themselves look good? [Re: Synthe]
    #18639552 -

As masturbatory as this is I still think it would be a good thing if it caught on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Youtubers giving to homeless people to make themselves look good? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou] * 1
    #18639796 -

I saw a video on TV today of this usual douchebag who pranks people, he went out, found a homeless dude, bought him clothes, haircut, shower, steak dinner. Now the dude has raised over 4k $ to get the homeless mans bad teeth taken out surgically.


I may be a bitch, but this story made me tear up. I felt so moved by how happy the homeless man was that I even donated $20 to help him get his teeth pulled.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Youtubers giving to homeless people to make themselves look good? [Re: VivaLaMushie] * 1
    #18639915 -

There was this fad where teenagers from around here would go up to homeless people(and/or mentally handicapped individuals as well) and video tape themselves beating the ever-loving shit out of them :mad2:





....I would much prefer something like this to catch on, even if it simultaneously makes me roll my eyes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Youtubers giving to homeless people to make themselves look good? [Re: pirate-blues]
    #18639942 -

pirate-blues said:
There was this fad where teenagers from around here would go up to homeless people(and/or mentally handicapped individuals as well) and video tape themselves beating the ever-loving shit out of them :mad2:





....I would much prefer something like this to catch on, even if it simultaneously makes me roll my eyes.



This girl speaks truth!!


--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bumfights
( 1 2 3 4 all )
AsanteM 5,328 64 07/03/06 01:06 AM
by Iamthewalrus
* saw an awesome bumfight last night indica 500 7 03/07/12 04:48 AM
by Dosile Kouki
* Bumfights on Dr. Phil DeathCompany 713 6 12/17/06 12:53 PM
by TheHateCamel
* Giving supermaket food to homeless people LearyfanS 1,646 16 06/01/03 02:01 AM
by frogsheath
* youtube movies
( 1 2 all )
lsdandfrisbee 5,969 22 04/25/06 10:45 AM
by cybrbeast
* Youtube music video thread
( 1 2 all )
king_cobra 5,127 34 11/17/08 12:42 PM
by Talking Head
* youtube.com (links and downloading question) LearyfanS 1,294 5 02/03/06 08:26 AM
by Learyfan
* Well.. I'm officially homeless
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 4,407 46 10/02/04 04:51 PM
by muse_sick

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,819 topic views. 5 members, 16 guests and 187 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.