Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Need to pass a hair follicle test.
    #18571315 -

A friend says he can get me on doing what he does, which involves working with radioactive material, so security is insane. They do hair follicle testing. I've tried Googling but there's a lot of conflicting information. My plan is to just stop smoking and wait it out, where I'm confused is how long I need to wait. And should I cut all my hair off after the weed has left my bloodstream? I can't risk failing it, so I don't want to use any of those shampoos to cover it up. If I fail, I get blacklisted (and this list isn't just for this company).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #18571341 -

Stop doing drugs now and shave your head. Let it grow to a normal length and nobody will be the wiser.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #18571356 -

I feel like I have seen hair products in my local headshop that works like a kind of detox, maybe check out your local headshop. Also if you're a guy, then yeah shave your head, it will just grow back, but also stop using for the test, they could try to use other means of testing you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #18571407 -

I have heard bleaching helps if not shaved off entirely...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #18571520 -

Anonymous #2 said:
Stop doing drugs now and shave your head. Let it grow to a normal length and nobody will be the wiser.



So the 30-120 days (depends on what site you look at) is mostly just to let the hair grow to a testable length? I have no problem losing all my hair so I can start clean, I just want to make sure that will be starting clean (and that I'm not just cutting it all off for nothing).

I'm aware of the headshop shampoos, and to an extent the home remedies, I'm not taking the chance. I'm not on a deadline (although I would like to start working ASAP) as of now, so I can just get clean and let my hair reflect that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #18571531 -

Anonymous #1 said:
I'm aware of the headshop shampoos, and to an extent the home remedies, I'm not taking the chance. I'm not on a deadline (although I would like to start working ASAP) as of now, so I can just get clean and let my hair reflect that.



If your're willing to spend the cash you could just do a shit ton of home remedies/headshop shampoos and shit and then test yourself and see if you come out clean

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #18571606 -

I think I'd be too afraid that the lab testing this company would do would be better than the home hair testing kits I could buy. I only have 1 chance at getting the job and it's a very good job, insanely good when you consider my circumstances, no prior work history to speak of, haven't even graduated high school technically. I did homeschooling and later found out that the program wasn't recognized by my state so as far as they're concerned, I never did highschool.

Friend is making almost 30 an hour right now.

Edited by Anonymous (07/17/13 03:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #18571642 -

Anonymous #3 said:
Anonymous #1 said:
I'm aware of the headshop shampoos, and to an extent the home remedies, I'm not taking the chance. I'm not on a deadline (although I would like to start working ASAP) as of now, so I can just get clean and let my hair reflect that.



If your're willing to spend the cash you could just do a shit ton of home remedies/headshop shampoos and shit and then test yourself and see if you come out clean



Hair testing is fairly expensive, and not usually something you can just go have done.

Anon #1:
You might consider getting clean for two weeks or a month (depending on your drug of choice) before shaving your head. I believe that if you are still metabolizing and excreting drugs they will end up in your hair even if you have stopped actual use.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #18571710 -

I really only use weed/alcohol now. I used 8mg of xanax a month ago or so. Right now I'm going through a quarter a week. I'm going to finish what I got (a day or two) and then stop.

Edited by Anonymous (07/17/13 04:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #18572894 -

I am not sure that you need to shave your head at all.  I think they test part of the hair that is close to the head, so it would not make any difference.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #18574754 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #18578425 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #18582707 -

My understanding of the test from having it done is this:
The test is done on the hair root - follicle. So cutting is not a solution.
It will detect pot use up to 120 days depending on frequency of use.

If you smoke once a week I would give it 90 days and then go for the test. any more frequency and give it the full 120 to be safe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #18582726 -

Anonymous #2 said:
Stop doing drugs now and shave your head. Let it grow to a normal length and nobody will be the wiser.



This is the only guy who knows what he's talking about do this right away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need to pass a hair follicle test. [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #18582738 -

But shouldn't I cut it off anyways? I'm worried about them testing beyond the 120 days.. If they use body hair it's not as reliable for narrowing a window of usage because it can still be there a year later, or so I've read. Everything I've read doesn't say that after 120 days the stuff in the hair just disappears, just that the part of the hair they test generally correlates to the last 90-120 days of growth (Body hair grows a lot slower, so the same 1.5 inch length piece of hair they use of body hair represents a much larger time frame than from the head). Meaning if I leave my hair with the growth represented by the period between last use and when it's officially out of my bloodstream, they could still detect it, even if it had been 8 months since my last usage.

Normally drug tests aren't a big deal for me, but I've never had to deal with hair before.
Anonymous #8 said:
Anonymous #2 said:
Stop doing drugs now and shave your head. Let it grow to a normal length and nobody will be the wiser.



This is the only guy who knows what he's talking about do this right away.



Believe me I plan to to do it the right way. I am not screwing this up. That's why I refuse to use any of those shampoos.

Edited by Anonymous (07/19/13 11:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bump on penis Anonymous 607 18 11/14/08 10:39 AM
by Anonymous
* Help identify my girlfriend's vaginal rot! ***NO PICTURES***
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 4,158 80 02/20/08 01:23 PM
by Anonymous
* STD I have one
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 1,373 40 11/03/09 08:51 PM
by Anonymous
* STD alert! :D
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 1,121 20 08/17/10 07:51 PM
by Anonymous
* unique fragrance of your testicles?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 1,335 28 08/25/10 12:50 AM
by Anonymous
* I may have genital warts
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 991 23 09/23/10 11:29 PM
by Anonymous
* Hair test tomorrow Anonymous 685 14 06/20/08 08:38 PM
by Anonymous
* Hair on penis Anonymous 680 12 06/16/08 01:14 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
431 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.