Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat?
    #18080026 -

So I bought a jug of this lean muscle mass gainer. I am planning on taking 2 scoops (400 calories) before working out. My trainer really wants me to gain some serious mass and pretty much is forcing me to take this. :lol:

Seriously though, I've gotta know... will this stuff make me fat as shit or what? Cause I don't want to gain the wrong kind of weight. I want to look stacked, not fat as fuck.

So far, my supplementation regime will look something like this:
-1 to 2 hours before workout: Testosterone boosters
-30 minutes before workout: Nitric oxide boosters
-30 minutes before workout: Lean muscle mass gainer and creatine blend
-Whey protein and amino acid recovery blend for after workout

I think I'm about good for now. :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: Crystal G]
    #18080044 -

I've taken that kind of stuff when I was working out. However I've never been able to gain any god damn weight for the most part at least not fat so I can't really say. If your working out enough though all those calories should help build muscle not fat. All depends on our own body type but diet is more important then your workout so I do think those are good as long as your workout hard enough that fat gain isn't the problem.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: Mycjunky]
    #18080093 -

And what's enough? Is like an hour a day enough?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: Mycjunky]
    #18080094 -

I'd worry more about your liver and shit than gaining weight. If you really are working out you should be fine. Its all the weird shit they add into that crap that makes your body turn south.

I eat a vegetarian diet and take a 23 g protein whey shake sometimes that's all natural.



Lookin Lean when I try to take black and white "THIS is Sparta" :sparta: photos....but you won't bulk up mega

I honestly have no idea how people like your trainer get as big as they do. Maybe steroids? But he is right lots of calories are needed. Just lift allot and you should bulk up


--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #18080097 -

:hug: love you crystal. Wish you well on your quest to get buffy.....I'm on the same path too.


--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #18080118 -

Almond Flour said:
I'd worry more about your liver and shit than gaining weight. If you really are working out you should be fine. Its all the weird shit they add into that crap that makes your body turn south.



I'll start worrying about my liver if I ever get on oral steroids.

Quote:
I eat a vegetarian diet and take a 23 g protein whey shake sometimes that's all natural.



That's all that you take? You should be taking way more than that. 1gram per lb of muscle mass that you have. I don't know how much you weigh because I can't tell how tall you are, but I take twice as much whey as you do. If I add in this lean muscle mass gainer, I'd be taking wayyyyy more than my body needs--something like 200g of powder protein. There's something like 56g of protein or something crazy in each scoop. But I have been instructed to take 2 scoops of the muscle mass gainer before the workout, and then a scoop of protein with creatine recovery blend for after.

It is very possible to get jacked and be vegan/vegetarian though. Mr. Natural Universe 2009 is my favorite vegan bodybuilder. He takes soy protein which is complete with all the essential amino acids, and combines incomplete proteins together (like beans and whole wheat pasta) and pretty much eats like a BEAST to look the way he does.



Quote:
I honestly have no idea how people like your trainer get as big as they do. Maybe steroids? But he is right lots of calories are needed. Just lift allot and you should bulk up



My trainer actually only did one cycle of roids like a year ago. He gained a little bit of mass from it, and he got a nice big horse's ass from it, but most of it is from just eating like a beast and working out 2-3 times a day.

Some people just have really good genes built for muscle, man. The motherfucker eats fucking pancakes and French Fries and still looks the way that he does. :facepalm:

I have terrible genes for building shoulders, but my triceps and calves have always come in really fat.

Also, my trainer really isn't that big. He looks big in pictures because he's built real well and all that, but he's actually not that massive.

Edited by Crystal G (04/09/13 12:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: Crystal G]
    #18080512 -

Crystal G said:
So I bought a jug of this lean muscle mass gainer. I am planning on taking 2 scoops (400 calories) before working out. My trainer really wants me to gain some serious mass and pretty much is forcing me to take this. :lol:




LIES.

You probably forced your trainer to recommend it to you.  We see through your facade, ms. CG!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: Crystal G]
    #18080746 -

Why not just eat more?

Mass gainers are just calories.
There's alotta protein in them but your body probably wont absorb all of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: cez]
    #18081721 -

cez said:
Why not just eat more?

Mass gainers are just calories.
There's alotta protein in them but your body probably wont absorb all of it.



Because, it is getting pretty hard for me to put down more than 2,000 calories in 1 day. It would be very easy for me to consume way more than that if I were eating out all the time, but I cook all my meals at home and I eat pretty healthy. I mean, even an 8oz sirloin steak is only 450 calories or so. It's just not possible for me to eat 6 of them motherfuckers in 1 day.

Also, I am eating enough as is, and I am really worried that if I really get in the habit of truly pigging out, then when it comes time to cut, I will have a hard time shrinking down my stomach and lowering my intake of food. Food can be an addiction too, and I'd like to be able to cut naturally without the use of any meth or crack. :lol: The mass gainer really helps to maximize my caloric intake without stretching my stomach out.

Also, your body can absorb 30g of protein every 2-3 hours or so. I re-read the label and it turns out I was reading it wrong, it's 50g of protein for every FOUR scoops (somebody of my weight only takes 2 at a time). So I'm good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: Crystal G]
    #18105171 -

WTF DUDE... I ended up doing seated calf presses today, and I was only 3 blocks away from maxing out on it. 546lbs WTF!!!! Dude... how is that even possible...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: Crystal G]
    #18109741 -

Crystal G said:
WTF DUDE... I ended up doing seated calf presses today, and I was only 3 blocks away from maxing out on it. 546lbs WTF!!!! Dude... how is that even possible...





How?

Pulleys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: memes]
    #18112832 -

Its not that hard to get 2,000 + calories a day. Add a big glass of milk to every meal. Drink 1-2 protein shakes a day w/ milk and a banana. Eat every 3-4 hours.

Once you get into the routine of eating big, it'll feel as easy as brushing your teeth.

It's really not hard to eat a lot of calories. For example, 10 chicken nuggets from the store is about 500 calories! That's just from one meal.
A can of beans with two slices of bread and a glass of milk is about 600!
A protein shake with milk and a banana can be anywhere from 300-600 calories!


--------------------

Edited by mentalpatient (04/15/13 01:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: mentalpatient]
    #18112985 -

You guys are forgetting how tiny CG is.  she's a small azn girl -- i bet 10 chicken nuggets and a glass of milk would be hard to put down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: memes]
    #18116772 -

meams said:
You guys are forgetting how tiny CG is.  she's a small azn girl -- i bet 10 chicken nuggets and a glass of milk would be hard to put down.



I can actually put away a lot of food for somebody my size. My trainer and I grabbed dinner the other day, and I ended up eating twice the amount he did. :lol: He was like "WTF!!!!!! Your appetite is amazing!!!"

And how the hell does a protein shake with milk equal 300-600kcal?

My protein shake is 50calories for 1 scoop (your body can't absorb more than 30g of protein every 2-3 hours, so using more than 1 scoop at a time is a complete waste). A glass of milk is like 120calories.

Regardless, I avoid dairy anyway unless it's low in lactose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: Crystal G]
    #18118790 -

Crystal G said:
I can actually put away a lot of food for somebody my size. My trainer and I grabbed dinner the other day, and I ended up eating twice the amount he did. :lol: He was like "WTF!!!!!! Your appetite is amazing!!!"







Crystal G said:
Because, it is getting pretty hard for me to put down more than 2,000 calories in 1 day.






Well, which is it?!?!  Can you eat like a horse?  Or do you have trouble putting down the hay?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: Crystal G]
    #18119120 -

Crystal G said:
And how the hell does a protein shake with milk equal 300-600kcal?




Easy. A scoop of my protein powder is 160 calories. The milk I add is another 120 calories or so. I add a banana, there's another 100 calories or so. Sometimes I'll add some peanut butter, there's more calories. Sometimes I'll spice things up and add yogurt. Sometimes I'll add more than just one scoop of protein powder, there's more calories. People sometimes add eggs to their shakes, there's more calories.

It is good that you ask questions Crystal.


--------------------

Edited by mentalpatient (04/16/13 04:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lean Muscle Mass Gainer: Will It Make You Fat? [Re: memes]
    #18120166 -

meams said:
Crystal G said:
I can actually put away a lot of food for somebody my size. My trainer and I grabbed dinner the other day, and I ended up eating twice the amount he did. :lol: He was like "WTF!!!!!! Your appetite is amazing!!!"







Crystal G said:
Because, it is getting pretty hard for me to put down more than 2,000 calories in 1 day.






Well, which is it?!?!  Can you eat like a horse?  Or do you have trouble putting down the hay?!



Well, it's both. My appetite fluctuates, especially if I have taken drugs recently over the weekend or something. Yesterday I wasn't hungry at all and could barely put down more than 1500kcal. But today my PT and I barbecued and I ended up eating more meat and potatoes than him.

Mostly, it's hard for me to keep food down first thing in the morning. I've never been a big breakfast person. But if everything has been good and I haven't partied too hard or anything lately, then I will usually have an enormous appetite right after working out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Fat loss vs. muscle gain WhiskeyClone 1,589 11 12/12/06 02:19 AM
by The_Hobbit
* Getting into shape. Cardio-Resp & Muscle Gain NameGoesHere 2,409 14 01/22/07 10:42 PM
by Banez
* What's the best way to lose weight and gain muscle on a limited income?
( 1 2 all )
swm 5,167 27 02/20/05 12:31 AM
by ummikko
* How to start working off fat? Ungawdly 1,052 10 06/07/06 12:03 PM
by Veritas
* Work-out routine? Birds_Can_Swim 3,034 18 04/12/06 05:33 PM
by Birds_Can_Swim
* So I finally did it.
( 1 2 all )
Liz 2,356 36 08/07/05 01:30 PM
by Liz
* Losing some weight, in one month. michael_lifshitz 1,387 13 11/30/06 01:57 AM
by browndustin
* purging toxins
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Supernova 6,245 60 12/06/04 07:53 PM
by World Spirit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
11,159 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.