Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: rodfarva]
    #18049847 -

rodfarva said:
No, we had a conflict, but I caught Luciano a few times before. Ultra is so packed with stuff you want to see that you have to wander alone or compromise with the group.

I think we caught about 6 hours of Carl all together. It was almost as good as asot.



Carl Cox ALMOST as good as ASOT :lolsy:

Carl is in a league of his own.



You'll note that yes, that is in fact his own face is on that king Card :lol:

Edited by pwnasaurus (04/02/13 11:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #18049916 -

My jam factor totally ranks cc the king, but asot was 6 DJs back to front that get you deep. Trance and deep house are both solid bliss with those sets.

I wish most of the site could be there but you have to be at least an 8/10 on the sexy scale, haha


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #18054758 -

pwnasaurus said:
rodfarva said:
No, we had a conflict, but I caught Luciano a few times before. Ultra is so packed with stuff you want to see that you have to wander alone or compromise with the group.

I think we caught about 6 hours of Carl all together. It was almost as good as asot.



Carl Cox ALMOST as good as ASOT :lolsy:

Carl is in a league of his own.



You'll note that yes, that is in fact his own face is on that king Card :lol:




and that league is not on the league of ASOT. Carl Cox is one person. ASOT is an entire show of multiple performers. Hell to even compare the two is a little crazy.


Carl Cox might have been in the scene a long ass time and obviously knows what he is doing.

However, look at Armin Van Buuren and W&W.

Well shit, just look at ASOT. Multiple talent at every show.


--------------------
Yahweh is lying to you... I will show you the way. Trust me.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: EDM]
    #18054773 -

I've caught 30 min of Armin's sets a couple times and they were in incredibly boring.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #18054823 -

So... there are many other acts at ASOT...


How you find Armin's sets boring but find a slower paced house set with little variety.. I have no idea. There is a good reason why they do not put carl cox on main stage. It can get very repetitive and incredibly slow. Hell it would be awesome in a club scene or some background chill music.

Did you ever catch above and beyond? Dash berlin? Gareth Emery? or even ATB and W&W? shit, even Markus Shultz and Ferry corsten?

BTW, Armin is not my favorite. I have a few favorites before I consider him. (Trance wise of course)


--------------------
Yahweh is lying to you... I will show you the way. Trust me.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #18054834 -

Nuggetpouch said:
I'm a person who has had some of my greatest experiences at mustic festivals in my life, but the festival that's in my city right now is different. First of all, I once had a bad trip at a similar  festival, being held at the same outdoor park. Second of all, the people at this festival are very different from the heady crowd that I'm accustomed to. The techno-crowd seems like a bunch of date rapists who wear lacoste. Also, the heavy traffic in my town really sucks when streets in downtown are getting closed down for this shit. Another thing that sucks for some people is how the availability of dr00gs in my city seems to dwindle. I'm lucky that my herbal guy doesn't attend this trendy elitist fucking crap techno-fest. This place is a spectacle, where people  pay $500 on a ticket, so they can hear shit music and buy overpriced bunk or mediocre-quality dr00gs. I'm sure it's got some benefits, I'll admit the lasers are probably awesome and the women have sexy clothes, but I don't need to pay 500 bucks to see that shit. I'd rather use the money for a festival with real music, and actual instruments...or just buy dr00gs. No offense to the shroomery people who enjoy the techno-festival scene.. I just woke up in a bad mood, and got stuck in the fucking traffic when I was running late for work yesterday.

:kingcrankey:





--------------------


And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: JesusIsLord]
    #18054873 -

i:heart:techno:smile:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: EDM]
    #18055115 -

EDM said:
So... there are many other acts at ASOT...


How you find Armin's sets boring but find a slower paced house set with little variety.. I have no idea. There is a good reason why they do not put carl cox on main stage. It can get very repetitive and incredibly slow. Hell it would be awesome in a club scene or some background chill music.

Did you ever catch above and beyond? Dash berlin? Gareth Emery? or even ATB and W&W? shit, even Markus Shultz and Ferry corsten?

BTW, Armin is not my favorite. I have a few favorites before I consider him. (Trance wise of course)



I've seen almost all of them and find them all boring.  I don't like trance.

The reason Carl Cox is not on the main stage is because people like pop shit.  Same as every other genre in the world - the most popular stuff is almost always the worst.

This is the event I wish I had been able to go to: http://www.awakenings.nl/events/2013/03/awakenings-easter-special/1537/

Nicole Moudaber, Pan-Pot, Carl Cox, Adam Beyer :drooling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #18059095 -

Quote:
  I don't like trance.



That explains everything.


--------------------
Yahweh is lying to you... I will show you the way. Trust me.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: EDM]
    #18059303 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: rodfarva]
    #18059581 -

Yo Farva, who did you all see at that ASOT stage? Even though Ultra sounds overrated to me, that stage seems very worthwhile. So much talent.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: TranceInTheForest]
    #18060954 -

TranceInTheForest said:
Yo Farva, who did you all see at that ASOT stage? Even though Ultra sounds overrated to me, that stage seems very worthwhile. So much talent.



ya hell ya. you get there, then like 10 sec go by and its over :aweyeah:

Not to often people get to see PVD like that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: rodfarva]
    #18060992 -

Ultra is great once or twice.  There are much better things going on all around Miami for those two weeks every single night.  Jam bands, any genre of electronic music you could possibly ask for (literally), free shows, art events, etc.  WMC is amazing for anyone in the scene, it's all about networking.  If you live there, getting around can be a pain in the ass if you have work, but just plan for it and enjoy the party - you moved in the middle of a hotspot, what do you expect?

Also, to whoever said electronic music is music that doesn't include instruments, wtf are you talking about - there is so much live electronic collaboration going on right now it's insane.  It's gone way beyond unz unz and UMFTV.  I guess you just have to find it.  Skip Ultra and find your specific tastes and network with the elite at WMC next year.


--------------------
Message me for Mushroom Tinctures
Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Chaga, Shiitake / Extracts / CBD Isolate, Oil
----
My Art, Design, Sculpture & Music:  http://www.conceptflow.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: huge techno-fest in my city [Re: ilus] * 1
    #18062609 -

Hell ya its networking. I might "work" all week next year. It would be a shame tho, I think partying like I did this year scored me solid contacts.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Techno! PSY TRANCE
( 1 2 all )
Phishe 3,766 37 03/15/12 10:53 AM
by teamkiller
* Mutek 06 - evil techno beatdown - Pics + Vids + rambling kaniz 853 3 06/06/06 08:26 PM
by kaniz
* fucking HEEELLLL techno is the shit
( 1 2 3 all )
freddurgan 4,605 43 03/15/12 05:10 PM
by damnnation
* LCD Soundsystem live tonight OneMoreRobot3021 525 5 03/31/07 11:00 AM
by UlcerPentacidis
* techno died with the downfall of Ecstasy
( 1 2 3 4 all )
danlennon3 7,354 72 05/08/07 11:35 AM
by spectrem12
* Techno to Trip To kaniz 2,927 19 03/15/12 10:41 AM
by ReposadoXochipilli
* LCD Soundsystem - Beat Connection OneMoreRobot3021 884 15 04/19/08 05:46 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* Need to find a techno group named Notch. (now with a mp3) K1wI 815 4 01/11/07 02:08 AM
by K1wI

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,282 topic views. 6 members, 11 guests and 216 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.