Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
Chanterelle, Black Trumpet, Amanita ruebescens...
    #1785943 - 08/06/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Foud these today while walking around...(southern New England), Didn't take any home... The chanterelles and black trumpets were absolutely covering the ground... I wasn't sure about them untill I came home and did some research... I'm almost positive that's what they are... The Chanterelle's smelt of fruity apricots... Maybe a false chanterelle but I don't think so...
About the Amanita ruebescens... everything points to it being a ruebescens... what do you think??? Of course I'm not keen on eating any variety of amanita, very pinkish color to the stipe. Saw the pictures of the Amanita Pantherella and tried to convince myself that's what I had but there is no way it was A. Pantherella...

Once again didn't eat any, didn't even take them home.. What do you Think??????????

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Chanterelle, Black Trumpet, Amanita ruebescens... [Re: nofind_um]
    #1785983 - 08/06/03 05:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The chanterelles and black trumpets look right.

As far as the Amanita, we need to see the volva and base of the stem. to check if it's rubescens, you need to cut one in half vertically and bruise the inside as one of the tests. There are several Amanitas that look like those in general, and there are even several that bruise reddish to brownish. If you want them identified you'll need to pick some and bring them home.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
Re: Chanterelle, Black Trumpet, Amanita ruebescens... [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1785997 - 08/06/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks Toxicman... I'll bring my basket next time... Whew my girlfriend is really gonna let me have it, when I bring home a basket full of mushrooms and start disecting them.... she's already giving me that look out of the corner of her eye's.... lol... once again thanks...

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Edited by nofind_um (08/06/03 05:54 PM)

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1786088 - 08/06/03 06:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Nice finds!  That pic of the Amanitas is especially great b/c it shows them in all different stages of growth. 

Thanks for sharing!!! :laugh:

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1786386 - 08/06/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Let her try some of the chanterelles. Most people come around a bit when they try some of the choice edibles.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1787098 - 08/07/03 12:00 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ditto on what TM said.

I've found a lot of black trumpets (or horn of plenty) growing around here, and found some chantrelles. I personally enjoy the taste of the black trumpets more! :laugh: They have a great flavor, and even a better texture.

They are hard to spot, when you aren't looking for them...once you find one clump, then its easy to see that they are usually all around you! :laugh:

Great finds, and nice pictures. 

Offlinespiritshaper
^_^

Loc: Lost in Space
Re: Chanterelle, Black Trumpet, Amanita ruebescens... [Re: angryshroom]
    #1787141 - 08/07/03 12:18 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

that amanita looks like -Amanita Rubescens- (teh book i have calls it "teh blusher"). it also looks like -Amantia Franchetti- too.

i found a large Amantia Virosa in the mountains by my house 2 weeks ago, was the 2nd biggest mushroom i found that day lol

--------------------
----------------------------------

Brilliant ideas, like truffles, are rare, and only possible, given special conditions.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures