Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: mantis90]
    #17758173 -

Signal path is definitely worth a listen... they are on internet archive... kind of a spacey sound I guess how I would describe them. I love to get lost in their music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: creekfreek]
    #17758406 -

Band of Heathens 

Maybe not technically a jam band, but still have that vibe.





Black Angels

Little more droney rock spacey stuff.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: LloydChristmas]
    #17758420 -

making this thread for later.


--------------------
:willynilly:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: broken]
    #17758573 -

Man who needs anything other than Creek.

Check out the Summer Sun on 1997-05-31

:bongroll:


--------------------
:bonghit:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: Piecefillpath247]
    #17758616 -

that montu is dope. I'm gonna see if they got some downloads on the interwebz


--------------------

    And when I see you coming down the line
    With eyes wide open
    Somewhere in between the past and future
    Where you drift in time
    And you can see a different point of view


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: jammin]
    #17758709 -

jammin said:
that montu is dope. I'm gonna see if they got some downloads on the interwebz




come see them and lotus with me on Valentines day  :loveintheair:


--------------------
"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance"
-Alan Watts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: Piecefillpath247]
    #17758813 -

hands down FLOWMOTION!!!!

this band kills it not only with incredible musicianship but insanely awesome positive vibes

check out mooses tooth 2004 on archive.org, one of my all time favorite shows for any band!

love me some flowmotion


--------------------
:dancingbear:

SonicTitan said:
"Id rail the same amount of come to crack"

https://soundcloud.com/matty_dread

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShrillGoldenChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: Piecefillpath247]
    #17758853 -

Piecefillpath247 said:
jammin said:
that montu is dope. I'm gonna see if they got some downloads on the interwebz




come see them and lotus with me on Valentines day  :loveintheair:



I thought you would never ask :datass:


--------------------

    And when I see you coming down the line
    With eyes wide open
    Somewhere in between the past and future
    Where you drift in time
    And you can see a different point of view


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: tealeaf]
    #17758859 -

This band called The Motet rolled through last year. Super funkin funky stuff that had the whole place groovin. Along the same lines as the motet, Turkuaz from brooklyn is dope. Albino! from San Fran is a pretty fun show as well.

Those bands might be more afrobeat then a pure jamband, but they sure as hell still jam


--------------------
ந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ர

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: floatingwater]
    #17758872 -

Pimps of Joytime


--------------------


Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: LySergic D]
    #17758891 -

Thanks for all the latest additions, I will check them out in the morning while I'm driving for work.
Floating water, I have seen Turkuaz a couple of times and they throw the fuck down. I was partying hard at a fest and one of my boys told me to go check out "this band in the cabin". Well I went in and they blew my mind.
Amazing band. Love em.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: creekfreek]
    #17758908 -

FLT RSK is also SUPER fucking dope.  You can get their album for free here...

http://fltrsk.com/?page_id=27


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: LySergic D]
    #17758917 -

Janxsta Funk!

:awedance:

creekfreek said:
Thanks for all the latest additions, I will check them out in the morning while I'm driving for work.
Floating water, I have seen Turkuaz a couple of times and they throw the fuck down. I was partying hard at a fest and one of my boys told me to go check out "this band in the cabin". Well I went in and they blew my mind.
Amazing band. Love em.



Yes sir.. When I saw them they all had on these 70s style one-sies. Each person had a different color on and they all had these synchronized groove steps to go along with the beats. It was a blast. It's as close as I can imagine what the late 70s and early 80s were like


--------------------
ந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ர

Edited by floatingwater (02/06/13 10:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: creekfreek]
    #17759088 -

Uncle Acid and The Deadbeats - I'll Cut You Down


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: Soulidarity]
    #17759149 -

checking in so i can check out these bands later.


--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: All We Perceive]
    #17800850 -

All We Perceive said:
The fritz and chroma from Jacksonville FL and the magic beans and tatanka from Colorado.  All four bands are extremely talented.  I would say more so than the more popular lower tier jam.  Able minds is also SUPER DOPE.  I believe they are based out of Denver.



Im listening to The Fritz right now.... AWESOME. Thank you.:thumbup: Thats the stuff Im talking about.
I will keep on with your list then move on the the next.
For some reason I am not seeing any of the videos on Shroomery for the past couple of days:shrug:
But I can youtube the band names so keep em coming.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: creekfreek]
    #17801559 -

Are you related to Bassfreak or do you guys just have the same last name?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: fapjack]
    #17802477 -

I do believe we are like 17th cousins thru marriage or something like that:lol:
Really, I dont even know him.:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: creekfreek]
    #17802570 -

You better hope you're not related to him.
I haven't read all the responses, or any, but I saw moe. this week in Chicago for the first time, that was really fun. They are on tour, IDK where they are going though.
Family Groove Company is a cool chicago area band, they are on the archive, i believe.
Umphrees mcgee, also chicago area based.
Tea Leaf Green is coming here... next weekend? i want to see them for the first time.
Someday I will make the trip to see Max Creek out in NE.

i'm really jealous of you guys in the northeast, the scene sounds awesome with the many festivals. but i'm trying to get into what we have in the midwest here, and i'm digging family groove company for sure. They play out in dekalb (northern illinois university, where i go to school) next weekend, two shows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: looking for more Jam Bands to listen to. [Re: blabbly]
    #17802647 -

Ill check out family groove company.
I have seen Umphree's and Tea Leaf Green. They are both good.
You should make the trip to see Creek. They are playing in Colorado pretty soon. Check out the website, they are doing a few shows far from here... maybe they will be closer to you. Its well worth the drive even if its a few hours, get a hotel room and take a cab to the show.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What's your favorite jam band?
( 1 2 all )
acidhead1279 3,750 23 03/01/05 04:07 PM
by Redstorm
* Jam bands - it took me too long too appreciate them! freddurgan 1,606 18 08/01/04 03:47 PM
by bluedolphin
* what do you think of jam bands? Anonymous 1,100 7 09/19/04 09:51 PM
by Phishgrrl
* Have The Dead ever commented on other jam bands?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
LearyfanS 13,596 104 09/09/11 09:38 PM
by PiRepeating
* Jam Bands? NHShroomer22 1,012 11 02/14/06 12:37 AM
by schmutzen
* Need a good Jam Band Festival :(!!!!!! MushyHead420 836 6 02/02/06 09:49 PM
by Shroomism
* How do YOU know if a jam band is good? Vulture 520 4 03/18/04 10:26 PM
by Vulture
* Jam Band Cruise- Phishgrrl 952 14 08/30/04 07:23 PM
by Mykey

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,113 topic views. 4 members, 12 guests and 73 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.