Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Tryptamine Induced Depression?
    #1766219 - 07/31/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Over the past while, I've been experimenting with 5-MeO-DMT, DPT, and the like.

The experiences have been as they are commonly described. Following the experiences, though, comes this certain element of emotional and rational instability. I'll find myself leaning toward negative mannerisms and thought patterns, increasingly volnurable to hostile attitudes and reactions, and generally unhappy with myself and my life. Accompanied by all of this is a powerful lack of motivation to right these effects.

Depression, classical.

I find that the longer I abstain from tryptamine use, the less apparent this effect will be. The same has applied to mushrooms in the past. It seems that the only substance in the past year that's not had this effect on me, ironically, is MDA. There have also been some experiences with 2C-I, which I cannot connect to these undesirable after-effects. Phenethylamines don't seem to carry this impact.

Kava Kava will leave me aggressive and insecure for 48 hours.

Does anyone have experience with this? Can anyone offer any insight?

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Tryptamine Induced Depression? [Re: Ped]
    #1766253 - 07/31/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Experimenting with psycheldelics seems to have become a problem for you. Take some time off and get yourself emotionally on track.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tryptamine Induced Depression? [Re: djd586]
    #1766372 - 07/31/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

How does this account for the problem-free phenethylamine use? How does Kava Kava come into play? I'm looking perhaps for a neuropharmacological explanation.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#1767859 - 07/31/03 11:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

How certain are you that phenethylamines aren't connected to these feelings?

I don't recall too well, I'm just speculating mostly, based on vague memories. I'd suggest you look it up on Medline for more info.
Medline

Now, don't the phenethylamines have more affinity for dopamine and NE receptors? And, at common recreational doses the tryptamines have higher (and more selective) affinity for the 5HT2A receptors? The only thing I can suggest is 1) you're hypersensitive to serotonin agonism 2) you get some kind of extended antidepressant effect out of dopamine and NE agonists, or both.

Again, I don't don't remember the neuropharmacology of the tryptamines and phenethylamines all that well, and I don't know the specifics of some of the chemicals you referred to. Also, many aspects of the neuropharmacology of depression are not well understood, including the causal mechanism.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tryptamine Induced Depression? [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1769433 - 08/01/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Dopamine itself is a phenethylamine, so what you've said seems logical. MDA, a DA/NE stimulant with high affinity for 5-HTR seems to hold me up on a cloud for days and weeks after an experience. The effect tapers and gradually drops off, but it never dips any lower than baseline. I take 5-HTP before and after experiences with MDA.

The mechanics of 2C-I I'm very unfamiliar with, though I think it's safe to assume that 2C-I would behave more like MDA than it would like 4-HO-DMT.

Experiences with tryptamines, though, will be ecstastic and gloriously insightful, comforting and relaxed, introspective, bringing closure to sore spots in my life. Always very rewarding, inspiring. Though, the following days bring a lot of confusion, paranoia, hostility, and the like.

It should be noted that I struggle with bi-polar disorder and have been hospitalized for psychotic disorders in the past. Psychedelic drugs, though, I credit for pulling me out of that psychospiritual darkness.

I don't know what to make of it. Either way, djd586 is probably correct. I feel as though I have so much more to learn about myself and this world through psychedelic use, and I desperately don't want to stop now, but perhaps I should look at the warning signs.

--------------------

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#1769722 - 08/01/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think you'd be able to find many neuropharmacological answers. Even bipolar and psychotic disorders are not well understood. I understand your drive towards wanting to understand this all on a fundamental level. I have the same drive too. Good luck in searching for the answers. They may take years to come.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale