Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAllisonWonderland
Stranger
Why have mushrooms been making me pass out?
    #1743977 - 07/24/03 08:04 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My boyfriend and I ate mushrooms at my parents house while they were on vacation recently and everything was going as usual... We had each consumed six dry grams in a fruit smoothy. About three hours into the trip we werer talking about the world and philosophy and art and... well, you know... and I started to feel very light headed. I went upstairs towards my bed and by the time I reached the top of the stairs I was falling over. My boyfriend said he had more or less the same experience. Well, this made me panic and worry that something was wrong with the mushrooms but I know you can't die from eating them. I threw up a lot and, thanks to the raspberries in the smoothy, it was bright red which worried my boyfriend to no end. I was just trying to keep my head straight and calm myself down and my boyfriend was trying to help but I felt incredibly tired. I told my boyfriend I just wanted to sleep. He thought this was a bad idea. He told me I should drink some fluids and eat some starches first. So I did but I felt really tired and just wanted to sleep for maybe half an hour more. Then I was fine. Perfectly fine. I was still tripping but not in the giggly, chatter box way I had been before and I wasn't tired any more. What do you think would have happened if I had let myself go to sleep? Why did I almost pass out? I hadn't eaten since breakfast and it was late evening when I took them but I'm a healthy 20 yr old girl and I've tripped maybe 30 times and this usually hasn't happened.

The one similar experience I've had was when my mom came over while I was tripping on a similar sized trip and I had a panic attack and passed out when I answered the door. But I can explain that one.

My boyfriend once passed out at a friend's house when he was tripping alone. Stood up and fell over. I haven't found anything to read about this. I'm very curious. So far I have two theories other than just blood pressure issues:

when small children hurt themselves and the pain is too much for them they frequently just pass out and go to sleep. Once I was babysitting for a three year old and his finger was shut in my car door. I was holding him and he was crying and I had ice on his finger and then he just fell asleep.

this one seems less likely but I know that lately since there are so few diseases out there these days, good ol' technology, more and more people are developing peanut allergies. I guess since the immune system gets bored. I hope that's not what my body is doing with mushrooms. I've had so many positive experiences on mushrooms.

also, this sort of thing has never happened to me or my boyfriend on lsd.

I still regard every experience I have had on mushrooms to be positive in one sense or another. I certainly learned a lot about the extent to which my boyfriend is responsible and can handle himself and cares for me from this experience. Mmmmm.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Why have mushrooms been making me pass out? [Re: AllisonWonderland]
    #1744047 - 07/24/03 08:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

This has happened to me twice. Both times from the same batch of shrooms. I threw the rest out and it hasn't happened since.

I had tingleing and some numbness in my hands as well.

So..... maybe just a bad batch for you as well?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1744076 - 07/24/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineAllisonWonderland
Stranger
Re: Why have mushrooms been making me pass out? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1744106 - 07/24/03 09:12 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

This was from the remnants of two batches that had been around for a while. Many of my friends had taken them before and been fine. I believe I've taken this batch before and been fine.

OfflineAllisonWonderland
Stranger
Re: Why have mushrooms been making me pass out? [Re: World Spirit]
    #1744157 - 07/24/03 09:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've eaten six grams before and have been fine. The great Terrence McKenna had been known to eat 25. I was in my basement. My boyfriend and I are slightly Nietzschean and were talking, from our interpretation of that perspective, about the state of the world and how the presence of Christian scientists leads us to believe that we're still in the dark ages for the most part, we were brainstorming about things that we could do to make the world a better place. It's towards the end of our college experience and we're about to be released upon the world. Tears of joy were in my eyes. I am very much in love with my boyfriend. We've been together for almost three years and have endured hardships and prevailed as a couple. I took some lsd a month ago but it had been several months since I last took mushrooms. A few weeks ago I had some 4-acetoxy DIPT but noticed very little effects on 18 mg. I smoke pot almost daily and had smoked while I was coming up on the mushrooms but that was three hours before I almost passed out. The last thing I remember saying before I went upstairs was "I think I need to lie down." Nothing was upsetting me I just felt very weary and it was difficult for me to stay awake. Then I felt nauseous. There's a poem by Shel Silverstein that I had memorized about this kid Gimmesome Roy: "There once was a boy named Gimmesome Roy, he was nothing like me or you, 'cause laying back and getting high was all he cared to do....... He tried PCP and THC but they didn't quite do the trick and poppers nearly blew his heart and mushrooms made him sick, and acid made him see the light but he couldn't remember it long..." My parents were not due back for a few days and had been gone for a few days. I do have a bad history with my mom but I've also taken drugs in my house a number of times and I don't feel guilty about things like that. At one point after I was feeling very tired and weary I did have the thought "wouldn't my parents be sad to come home and find their daughter dead" but I also knew that no one dies from eating mushrooms and my friends had eaten these before and been fine. One of my friends ate a half an ounce of one of the two strains and a quarter of the other. It seems like if passing out from mushrooms or going unconscious or something was common the media would be all over it. It's curious to me that my boyfriend felt the same thing to a lesser degree at the same time. The other time he had passed out from mushrooms he was at a friend's house and the friend had fallen asleep and he was getting up to leave and fell over. I knew I was having a panic attack but it was brought on my feeling incredibly woozy and sick. I think that completes my story. Any new suggestions as to what may have caused this?

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Why have mushrooms been making me pass out? [Re: AllisonWonderland] * 1
    #1744582 - 07/24/03 12:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You needed to reboot.Your I/O buffers overflowed

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Why have mushrooms been making me pass out? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1745169 - 07/24/03 03:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i have seen people pass out before. and i have had some unpleasant experiences on shrooms that were fine before and after. my guess is that it is something chemical that changes in the body, possibly related to foods in one's diet. but i haven't had any bad experiences lately to see if i can narrow it down. i know that chocolate tends to give me a bad time if eaten with shrooms. did you smoke pot while tripping? sometimes that can do it too. sorry, no good answer.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Why have mushrooms been making me pass out? [Re: Bilge]
    #1745616 - 07/24/03 06:23 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I did it on LSD once.I have also awakened without having slept (or passed out) durring LSD trips. That is fuckin weird man. As if my conscienceness had just been droped into my already animated and heavily tripping body. I was not suprised to find myself were I was but could not remember dropping, could not explain why I felt so strange. I actualy had to ask my friends "Hey, are we tripping?" Man did I get some strange looks.

--------------------

OfflineMightyQuinn
Eskimo
Loc: United States
    #1746289 - 07/24/03 10:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys,thanks for replies

i'm the other character in the story here

the thing is the symptoms aren't particular to this one batch, i've had several occasions of feeling this way on various doses and forms of mushrooms... I usually attribute it to blood rushing out of the head... right before THIS particular instance we had both gone charging up the steps after maybe an hour and a half of sitting on the couch. i felt a slighty tingly lightheadedness but nothing near what she felt...

now as a youngster all of my tripping was done outside in the woods or at outdoor concerts... in those venues there's never much chance that i will sit in the same place for more than fifteen minutes even... too many distractions, too much energy, etc... during those years i never once experienced this blood pressure drop (or whatever it is). Not until i got to a point in my life when people i'd be tripping with had a nice secure spot where we could stay stationary for a while. Now this hasn't happened every time i've done this but it has ONLY happened after a long spell of sitting or lying down followed by standing up.

does anyone know what the actual mechanism here is? any medically inclined folks? does psilocybin itself cause a drop in blood pressure or something similar? it's not something that happens to me or our girl up there while sober or on any other substances.

the thing we thought was strange was that considering the number of people i've met in my travels who have had this happen once or even more than once, i had never even known it was something that happened to anyone before it happened to me... we're all about spreading knowledge here so someone spread some on me
peace

--------------------
everybody's gonna want a dose.

OfflineMightyQuinn
Eskimo
Loc: United States
Re: Why have mushrooms been making me pass out? [Re: MightyQuinn]
    #1746291 - 07/24/03 10:32 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

oh, PS:

"six dried grams" = 2.5g of a good quality strain and 3.5 g of a notoriously weak strain.

--------------------
everybody's gonna want a dose.

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Re: Why have mushrooms been making me pass out? [Re: MightyQuinn]
    #1747575 - 07/25/03 09:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

another theory i have postulated is toxic shock. i and another here have experienced blackouts on the come-up which i attributed to toxic shock since the symptoms were so right on. cold sweat, grogginess, finally sitting down unable to talk head on table, things go black but you can still hear people talking. then things come back together and the trip goes on fine. i have seen one person out of 4 get ill from the same ones that the other 3 had no problem with. weird and unfortunately unpredictable.

--------------------

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1748433 - 07/25/03 01:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I've passed out on mushrooms and LSD.  I think it was because I took too high a dose than I could handle at the time.

In the case of LSD I woke up and was tripping even harder than when I passed out!! :grin:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Re: Why have mushrooms been making me pass out? [Re: pattern]
    #1750416 - 07/26/03 09:47 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i have taken acid at least several hundred times and have never passed out myself nor known anyone else who ever passed out on it. until now.

--------------------

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1750565 - 07/26/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Passed out might mean different things here... in my case I was just lying down to relax, and didnt want to fall asleep, but did anyways. I havent fainted or anything extreme.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Why have mushrooms been making me pass out? [Re: pattern]
    #1750661 - 07/26/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The time I passed out on LSD was weird. We were walking on this wall and I lost my balance all of a sudden. I tried to stabilize my self on a friend but I just made him fall too. We fell on a split rail fence below. Last thing I remember is feeling very guilty for knoking him off too and then tiered. Woke up a few minutes later.

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #1751614 - 07/26/03 08:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

SOunds like you had a quick blood pressure drop maybe. This has happened to me causing tunnel vsion and then i just pass out. Ive seen a friend of mine just hit the floor pass out on shrooms at a theme park. I almost freaked out i like watched him fall in frame by frame slow motion but there was nothing i could do. Luckily we just got off the phantom theatre and the medic place was right across the street. The no tripped out person told them my friend had heat exhuastion and he just laid in a dark room and we talked to him for a bit and left. He contributed it to anxiety then his blood pressure dropped.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineAnoobus
Thrillionaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Why have mushrooms been making me pass out? [Re: baraka]
    #25917466 - 04/05/19 12:11 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Might I ask what variety of mushrooms? Were they picked wild or cultivated?., I am curious to know some wood loving varieties can cause full or partial paralysis. So I am very curious about the details. Also what medications might be involved? I have read as far as the partial paralysis while under the influence may involve or be helped with antihystimines. If it is a matter of growing conditions, I definitely want to know...

Offlinelowbrow
Paddy Time!!!!
Male

#25917590 - 04/05/19 01:14 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AllisonWonderland said:
My boyfriend and I ate mushrooms at my parents house while they were on vacation recently and everything was going as usual...  We had each consumed six dry grams in a fruit smoothy.  About three hours into the trip we werer talking about the world and philosophy and art and... well, you know... and I started to feel very light headed.  I went upstairs towards my bed and by the time I reached the top of the stairs I was falling over.  My boyfriend said he had more or less the same experience.  Well, this made me panic and worry that something was wrong with the mushrooms but I know you can't die from eating them.  I threw up a lot and, thanks to the raspberries in the smoothy, it was bright red which worried my boyfriend to no end.  I was just trying to keep my head straight and calm myself down and my boyfriend was trying to help but I felt incredibly tired.  I told my boyfriend I just wanted to sleep.  He thought this was a bad idea.  He told me I should drink some fluids and eat some starches first.  So I did but I felt really tired and just wanted to sleep for maybe half an hour more.  Then I was fine.  Perfectly fine.  I was still tripping but not in the giggly, chatter box way I had been before and I wasn't tired any more.  What do you think would have happened if I had let myself go to sleep? Why did I almost pass out?  I hadn't eaten since breakfast and it was late evening when I took them but I'm a healthy 20 yr old girl and I've tripped maybe 30 times and this usually hasn't happened. 

The one similar experience I've had was when my mom came over while I was tripping on a similar sized trip and I had a panic attack and passed out when I answered the door.  But I can explain that one.

My boyfriend once passed out at a friend's house when he was tripping alone.  Stood up and fell over.  I haven't found anything to read about this.  I'm very curious.  So far I have two theories other than just blood pressure issues:

when small children hurt themselves and the pain is too much for them they frequently just pass out and go to sleep.  Once I was babysitting for a three year old and his finger was shut in my car door.  I was holding him and he was crying and I had ice on his finger and then he just fell asleep.

this one seems less likely but I know that lately since there are so few diseases out there these days, good ol' technology, more and more people are developing peanut allergies.  I guess since the immune system gets bored.  I hope that's not what my body is doing with mushrooms.  I've had so many positive experiences on mushrooms.

also, this sort of thing has never happened to me or my boyfriend on lsd. 

I still regard every experience I have had on mushrooms to be positive in one sense or another.  I certainly learned a lot about the extent to which my boyfriend is responsible and can handle himself and cares for me from this experience.  Mmmmm. 

This is something that can happen with mushrooms.  I’d say it’s uncommon but does happen.

--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Why have mushrooms been making me pass out? [Re: lowbrow]
    #25917614 - 04/05/19 01:27 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

After 15 years I don't think she's coming back to talk about it

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: Why have mushrooms been making me pass out? [Re: Northerner]
    #25917652 - 04/05/19 01:42 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

You ever see these old threads and wonder what’s going on with the OP now?  She’d be either 35 or 36.  Did things work out with the boyfriend and they have kids and are just boring ass parents now?  Do they still party?  Is she even alive?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate