Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Phish fans irritate me.
    #17477344 -

In real life and online (phantasytour)
They are mostly privileged kids from suburbs who are self entitled and think they are superior to everyone else. It's funny because they pose as hippies and then turn into junkies and start actually looking like real hippies.
I must admit there are some down to earth good hearted phish fans, but over all they are spoiled self entitled posers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: MrShroom] * 4
    #17477354 -

:lolsy: You're hanging around the wrong "phans" then, cause all the phans I know are the nicest people you could meet & would give you the shirt off their backs.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #17477366 -

Dark_Star said:
:lolsy: You're hanging around the wrong "phans" then, cause all the phans I know are the nicest people you could meet & would give you the shirt off their backs.




I don't hang with phish fans anymore. I still go to phish shows when they come to my town.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: MrShroom] * 7
    #17477372 -

A lot of my friends are into Phish.  I don't get it, but I like my friends.

I went to a Dave Matthews Band concert once.  Easily the worst day of my life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: MrShroom]
    #17477380 -

I'm a Phish fan, as are most of my friends. My crew of friends are the nicest people I know. They're neither hippies nor junkies, those I was both at one point in my life. I hear ya on PT, but check out Phish.net sometime for other side of Phish fans.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: MrShroom]
    #17477382 -

Just like with any other "clique" some of them suck and are self righteous/entitled  pricks, and some are good people. Here in TN its the same deal with Bonaroo (since its so close), some are poser or as I call them "Trustafarians" and others are fairly legit in their attitude.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: MrShroom]
    #17477408 -

Most of my friends are phish phans, and I get along with most of the people I've met in their scene but their scene is full of custies.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: wire5]
    #17477409 -

wire5 said:
Just like with any other "clique" some of them suck and are self righteous/entitled  pricks, and some are good people. Here in TN its the same deal with Bonaroo (since its so close), some are poser or as I call them "Trustafarians" and others are fairly legit in their attitude.




Ha! You don't live too far from me. I'm not in TN though.


--------------------
Flip-flop, hippety-hop, offa your rocker and over the top, life’s a fiction and the world’s a lie, so put on some Creedence and let’s get high.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: fapjack]
    #17477418 -

They are tons of custies in every scene, especially nowadays with the influx of youngins.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: MrShroom]
    #17477420 -

Also, everyone on PT is an asshole.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: innerspace]
    #17477423 -

Hell yeah, I'm meeting more and more people in my area on this site every day.

You know what I'm talking about with all the Bonaroo kids though don't you? Trust fund babies who think they're hotshit hippies or something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: wire5]
    #17477454 -

LOL Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I've known several of them. One of them is now
semi-famous.  The ones I've known though have been alright. Never hung out with them too much, but they always knew where the good stuff was.


--------------------
Flip-flop, hippety-hop, offa your rocker and over the top, life’s a fiction and the world’s a lie, so put on some Creedence and let’s get high.

Edited by innerspace (12/31/12 06:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: MrShroom] * 6
    #17477468 -

If you expect all Phish fans to be a certain way, you will see all Phish fans in that light. You create your perception of reality. There are people like what you describe at every show I go to, not just Phish shows. In fact I see a lot more rich-kid fake hippies at big music festivals and EDM shows than at Phish shows. The median age of a Phish fan is over 30-something. I haven't actually seen any people like OP describes at Phish shows, I mostly see chill older hippies. :shrug:

Phish is awesome by the way, and a lot of their fans are really interesting kind hearted people who will chat openly with anyone around and share their drugs without hesitation... even if there are a few assholes in the mix.

wire5 said:
Just like with any other "clique" some of them suck and are self righteous/entitled  pricks, and some are good people. Here in TN its the same deal with Bonaroo (since its so close), some are poser or as I call them "Trustafarians" and others are fairly legit in their attitude.



QFT


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: innerspace]
    #17477473 -

I don't really keep good track of whose famous/popular so I don't think I know who it is :lol:.


Unless I missed something that went completely over my head.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: MrShroom] * 3
    #17477480 -

I am a huge Phish fan. Listening to Colorado 88 now.

I am also a musician, a multi-instrumentist. I am a fan of rock, jazz, bluegrass, funk, classical, electronic, blues, psychedelic, ambient, etc. I really love music and I really love musical improvisation. I don't think anyone can truly understand improv unless you jam with a band. It is more than music. Phish is more than music. A very special group - not just a special group of musicians, a special group of people.

I'm sorry that my musical choices irritate you, I'm sorry that you can't see beyond a few "fans" that you don't like. But overall I don't really care because my love and enjoyment of this incredible music is worth so much more than your acceptance.


--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek
Phish videos and discussion!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: wire5]
    #17477483 -

wire5 said:
I don't really keep good track of whose famous/popular so I don't think I know who it is :lol:.


Unless I missed something that went completely over my head.




Well I say now semi-famous. He put out an album several years back and was on national TV for a while back in the late 90's. I'm not gonna say the name because he was cool, just one of those privileged hippy types you mentioned. :smile: I always liked the guy and thought he was really talented.


--------------------
Flip-flop, hippety-hop, offa your rocker and over the top, life’s a fiction and the world’s a lie, so put on some Creedence and let’s get high.

Edited by innerspace (12/31/12 06:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: innerspace]
    #17477526 -

Yeah, like I said I don't tend to keep track. But I respect not mentioning his name.

But yeah, just because you are privileged doesn't mean you're going to be an ass; like I said before no mater how you sub-divide people there will be good and bad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: wire5]
    #17477564 -

wire5 said:
Yeah, like I said I don't tend to keep track. But I respect not mentioning his name.

But yeah, just because you are privileged doesn't mean you're going to be an ass; like I said before no mater how you sub-divide people there will be good and bad.



I don't really keep up either, but you got me thinking about specific people, and I just thought it was an interesting side note.

I agree with you about good and bad in all types of people.


--------------------
Flip-flop, hippety-hop, offa your rocker and over the top, life’s a fiction and the world’s a lie, so put on some Creedence and let’s get high.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: The_Aviator]
    #17477688 -

The_Aviator said:
I am a huge Phish fan. Listening to Colorado 88 now.


I'm sorry that my musical choices irritate you, I'm sorry that you can't see beyond a few "fans" that you don't like. But overall I don't really care because my love and enjoyment of this incredible music is worth so much more than your acceptance.



I never said a "few" fans, I said MOST of them. I try to see beyond it but you guys are annoying and irritating. Even your post smells of elitism. THe music isn't that incredible either. THey been playing the same songs for 25 years now and fluff the simple parts all the time because they don't even practice anymore. They are boring and dull.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Phish fans irritate me. [Re: MrShroom]
    #17477737 -

MrShroom said:
The_Aviator said:
I am a huge Phish fan. Listening to Colorado 88 now.


I'm sorry that my musical choices irritate you, I'm sorry that you can't see beyond a few "fans" that you don't like. But overall I don't really care because my love and enjoyment of this incredible music is worth so much more than your acceptance.



I never said a "few" fans, I said MOST of them. I try to see beyond it but you guys are annoying and irritating. Even your post smells of elitism. THe music isn't that incredible either. THey been playing the same songs for 25 years now and fluff the simple parts all the time because they don't even practice anymore. They are boring and dull.




Why are Phish threads always so controversial? :lolsy:

:stirthepot: A while ago I suggested (without evidence, to be fair) that Phish aids the authorities conducting drug busts in their shows and I caught hell for it.

:popcorn:


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hilarious article for Phish fans Budtastic 1,312 18 06/21/04 02:37 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* phish fans Stubaby 724 3 01/12/04 03:16 AM
by Phoshaman
* Phish and Ferris Robinson SoDak_Stranger 993 1 06/25/04 01:27 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* On Coventry and Phish: Rifts, Curtains, Meatsticks and More Adom 3,928 11 10/21/15 09:29 PM
by phishphan2088
* Phish why isnt it what it was
( 1 2 all )
fee 4,306 25 03/09/03 04:23 PM
by Phoshaman
* I want to like the Grateful Dead and Phish myndreach 1,552 10 06/07/05 08:47 AM
by 40oz
* Phish Phans Prepare Phor Potential Phall Phreak-out
( 1 2 all )
TheHateCamel 1,719 20 01/02/06 11:28 PM
by kosmic_charlie
* Phish
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Adom 14,077 116 12/21/02 10:43 AM
by

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
8,715 topic views. 10 members, 608 guests and 108 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.