Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Props to matts
    #1736265 - 07/21/03 08:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

matts was heading the campaign to make the ratings system into the awesome thing it is today and I didn't really look to see if this thread already exists but if it doesn't, WAY TO GO MAN. It's every bit as cool as I thought it would be when you first shared the idea

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #1736332 - 07/21/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Props to matts [Re: matts]
    #1736341 - 07/21/03 08:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

project is probably a better word

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #1736354 - 07/21/03 08:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Props to matts [Re: matts]
    #1736451 - 07/21/03 09:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I prefer to think of it as an endeavor... :wink:

PS: Yeah, matts be da man, and shit! The ratings system rocks! Go matts! :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Props to matts [Re: Papaver]
    #1736461 - 07/21/03 09:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah matts, I don't know if you saw the recent thread in OTD about the ratings system.

I think it's just great man. Everybody's rating is higher because no one wants to be an asshole. It's definately an encouraging thing considering how dark this place can get.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Props to matts [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #1736469 - 07/21/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
    #1738358 - 07/22/03 01:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, the new system is great! I like being able to see who rated me, and why.

Good job matts  :smirk:!

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
    #1738364 - 07/22/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

matts is constantly working on the technical side of the software that runs this site. 5 shrooms to matts (and all that agree know what to do!)

--------------------
buh

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: Props to matts [Re: shirley knott]
    #1738373 - 07/22/03 01:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

True, matts is one of these behind the scenes doods who don't get the props they deserve!

All hail King Matts!

:laugh:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1738395 - 07/22/03 01:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Everybody's rating is higher because no one wants to be an asshole. It's definately an encouraging thing considering how dark this place can get.

So you think it's better that people don't give accurate ratings as they have no wish for retalitory rates?

Read again. Many rates are only mirror images of the one who rated them to begin with.

The whole idea of non-trade rates SUCKS.

Trade rates are a valuable service. General rates are most often one of two things......
1. Mutual ass-kissing.
2. Mutual ass-kicking.

Get rid of the General rates.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

Re: Props to matts [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1738746 - 07/22/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: ]
    #1739286 - 07/22/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Props to matts [Re: ]
    #1739370 - 07/22/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have no recollection of accusing you of kissing any ass.

Nor did I say every rate fell into the two categories.

And yes, despite my bitching about the General rates, matts works hard and does a great job.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#1739455 - 07/22/03 07:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quit your ass kissing loser.

General ratings are pretty useless as you said. Because of that I think it's perfectly fine that everyone has a higher rating now than they did. Why shouldn't the positive be accented more than the negative?

And to prove that I'm not afraid of rating people how I see 'em, check out your rates.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1739749 - 07/22/03 09:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1740415 - 07/23/03 03:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

OH NO! A bad rate from a doodie head! What-ever shall I do?

So acknowledgeing someones work is now ass-kissing?

One an ass, always an ass. How do you find pants that fit with your head up your ass?

Anyway, keep it up. Looking stupid becomes you.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#1742912 - 07/23/03 09:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hehe

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag