Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
What party are you registered with?
    #1727289 -

Currently, I'm not registered as anything, since I think both the Democratic party & Republican party are misguided. I'd say my politics fall under the "progressive" category as I think a lot of our policies and ideas are outdated. I'm very impressed with what I've read about the Green Party, however I know very little about it. The only reason I'm hesitant to register with them is that I'd lose any chance to vote in the primaries and such. It would be nice to be able to influence the Democratic nominations, as I think the party is the lesser of two evils.

Anywho, I'm looking for ideas from people with a similar political philosophy. What are you registered as? Are you happy with your decision? And please do not turn this thread into a party bashing thread. State your opinion on whatever parties, but don?t try and start an argument over them.


And just as a little entertainment, here his a bit from Bill Hicks which expresses how I feel. :smile:

"I'll show you politics in America, here it is right here:

'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.'

'I think the puppet on my left is more to my liking.'

'Hey wait a minute, there's one guy holding up both puppets!'

'Shut up!'

Go back to bed, America, your government is in control. Here's Love Connection, watch this and get fat and stupid. By the way, keep drinking beer you fucking morons."


--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: Twirling]
    #1727292 -

Im registered with the monster raving loony party. I dont think they are represented in America yet though.


--------------------
Always Smi2le

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: Twirling]
    #1727363 -

Extremely Silly Party.

I'm registered as a Libertarian, but I'm not a party guy. I'll vote as I see fit. I'd reregister as an independent if I felt like making the effort.

BTW, one of the most flaming lefties I know is registered as a Republican. I still don't know how that happened, but it's a good illustration of how little the paperwork actually means.

Edited by wingnutx (07/18/03 10:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: wingnutx]
    #1727443 -

As soon as I see a candidate that deserves my vote, I will go out and register for whatever party he is.  hasnt happened yet though...

the only vote you have that matters for shit is how you spend your cash. 

so I guess Im in the McDonald's and Coca-Cola party right now  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1727921 -

you fucking...fucking...CONSUMER!!!


--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1727943 -

I'm probably flaunting my ignorance here (so what's new), but can someone explain this registering thing for me? Do you have to register with a party before you can vote or something? Are there benefits to registering, or is it so that you can say that you 'are' Republican/Democrat/Libertarian etc..?


--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: Edame]
    #1727982 -

You can register as in independant, which is no party at all. You can register in a aprticular party if you want ot vote in that party's primary election.

SOme states, like AZ, require a party to have a minimum # of registered voters to get on the ballot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: Twirling]
    #1728153 -

Although I have a huge beef with the party, I am registered as a Democrat because I want to stop them from becoming the "Republic Lite" party.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: Edame]
    #1728165 -

im a registered libertarian. the thing about registering is that it allows you to vote in that partys primarys.


--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: 1stimer]
    #1728228 -

I'm a yippie.


--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: Twirling]
    #1728243 -

none =(
im against political parties..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: Twirling]
    #1728397 -

I'm a registered Libertarian, but I'm not too keen on political parties (or being a member of any group for that matter). I only registered for the benefit that 1stimer mentioned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: Twirling]
    #1728509 -

Independant (as in no party,not Jessie Ventura)


--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: monoamine]
    #1732624 -

Anarcho Socialist, don't normally like to vote.
May vote democratic in coming 2004 election. I think they are the lesser of two evils...
...but not by much. Not that it matters anyway, Gore had the popular vote by something like 500,000 votes. If it had been the other way around the republicans would have used their militias to revolt. Why didn't leftists revolt!?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What party are you registered with? [Re: Edame]
    #1733151 -

Edame said:
I'm probably flaunting my ignorance here (so what's new), but can someone explain this registering thing for me? Do you have to register with a party before you can vote or something? Are there benefits to registering, or is it so that you can say that you 'are' Republican/Democrat/Libertarian etc..?



Registering with a party gives you certain priveliges like voting in closed primaries and attending party events. You don't have to register to vote for a candidate. I'm not registered with any party and probably never will... I believe Ralph Nader isn't even a registered Green and he ran on their ticket for president.


--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* party affiliation?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 1,550 24 09/24/04 01:00 AM
by DigitalDuality
* A List of the Many Political Parties lonestar2004 1,238 0 08/25/05 01:57 PM
by lonestar2004
* POLL: What party are you registered? BrAiN 891 16 04/22/06 10:53 PM
by BrAiN
* Government Growth, the Party of Lincoln, and George W. Bush Ancalagon 1,105 2 01/17/14 01:34 AM
by theindianrepublic
* What to see the demographics for polical parties and Shroomy members
( 1 2 all )
WhiteBunny 2,064 25 11/29/05 05:46 PM
by cateyes
* The Democratic and the Republic Party Marks 329 0 02/06/08 08:39 PM
by Marks
* Canada's Liberal party promises to completely ban handguns
( 1 2 all )
carbonhoots 2,137 20 12/11/05 11:05 PM
by chodamunky
* What is your favorite political party??? Cornholio 1,518 13 08/21/03 05:53 PM
by silversoul7

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
1,230 topic views. 4 members, 91 guests and 68 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.