Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: propensity]
    #17324905 -

Yeah i didn't really get the picture at first. I just read what he said and it sounded like the stage Datsik uses haha.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Everything] * 1
    #17325346 -

That's why you go to bluegrass shows. Everybody is stompin' 'round and havin' a good ole time. We have lots of good, local bluegrass here. Lots of other acts come through as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: bryguy27007]
    #17325466 -

You're over analyzing the music because you know theory. You're not going to ever like music again with that attitude. I love concerts, but I know what you're talking about. I just think its funny when I see what they're playing because it makes me feel good about my own skills. I can play pretty much anything they're playing and I know it. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying the show. The only thing I actually hate about concerts is if you want to be close to the stage for a more heavy set, things get violent. My last concert which was three days grace, was the most violent thing I've ever seen. And I've been front and center for slipknot. I got stuck in a brawl trying to protect my girlfriend from the mosh. We would have move earlier but the crowd was tight and I wanted a good spot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: withoutawire]
    #17325471 -

withoutawire said:
Seeing bands live and dancing is one of the most fun things in the world.


Fucking negative nancy over here.



Agreed.


--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: bryguy27007]
    #17325587 -

bryguy27007 said:
That's why you go to bluegrass shows. Everybody is stompin' 'round and havin' a good ole time. We have lots of good, local bluegrass here. Lots of other acts come through as well.



If you like blue grass check out my buddies band.
http://www.facebook.com/TheBrummyBrothers


Also to OP, what the fuck?  Seeing live music is literally the most special activity I participate in.  If it wasn't for going to shows I would be doing the same boring shit as everyone else.  Dancing your ass off to some good music is a religious experience.

I think its because the music you listen to isn't where your head is, try listening to different shit.  Try going to a music festival.  The music culture is just as important as the music, if you are missing that you will never truly experience the whole picture.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Pigasus]
    #17325903 -

Hey thanks for those punk docs, they were great! I was 15 in 1980 so I know what that felt like first hand.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: pfxtc]
    #17326115 -

Where do you live OP? Maybe the shroomery can recommend shows coming your way.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Fire is Born]
    #17333545 -

Fire is Born said:
pfxtc said:
I think I prefer things where you sit down and the music is more like a 'presentation' ala cover band Aussie Pink Floyd. They play fantastic covers of Pink Floyd and it's a SHOW... not standing and getting smashed around by fat retards and listening to songs that sounds exactly the same over and over again. That's how most shows are it seems.



Aussie Pink Floyd are good. I'm not a huge fan of concerts either. Not many bands still around I want to see. Very few kicking about still that I would actually pay for and the rest are dead.
Some crowds are all screaming at the band and I feel stupid...It's just a guy..fuck this



seeing aussie/brit floyd in a tight ass venue with no ventilation , million watts of light with nowhere to go, worst 80dollars I ever spent.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: orison]
    #17333577 -

shows are fucking awesome, festivals are on another level

live music is so much fun, speically with a good crowd


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Bassfreak]
    #17334535 -

I think it depends sometimes they are lame, I think it depends on the band. Sometimes the least suspecting bands will put on the best shows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: brokentv] * 1
    #17334989 -

I live for live music.
Being a musician myself, i like to watch accomplished musicians do what they do best.


--------------------


Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: LySergic D]
    #17335017 -

I always have a good time at concerts. I average 1-2 concerts a month. I do have high expectations of bands I see though, so sometimes I'm disappointed at the end of the show because of a lackluster show, or I'm shocked at how well they played.

My only complaint is that at a lot of concerts, I get easily distracted and can't focus on the music because there's so many people around me talking, or doing thangs. ADHD I guess, but it takes away from the show. Being at home listening to music with no distractions, I'm always pleased with the music.


--------------------

    And when I see you coming down the line
    With eyes wide open
    Somewhere in between the past and future
    Where you drift in time
    And you can see a different point of view


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: pfxtc]
    #17335177 -

pfxtc said:
I've been to probably 20 concerts with big name bands and the last 2 or 3 I've just started hating them. the time and money wasted just astounds me to watch (usually) a bunch of old washed up dorks try to make a few more dollars.




So, stop going to shows where the average band member is older than your parents?

pfxtc said:
I have no interest in new music




:picard:

For what it's worth I saw Megadeth (not Megadeath like at least three people posted :rolleyes:) a few years ago and really enjoyed it.  Ended up crowd-surfing over the barrier to Tornado of Souls.  :rockon:

OP needs to expand his comfort zone and try going to a few good concerts with more recent bands--you'll see a drastic boost in the level of energy and general enthusiasm of the artists, not to mention the audience.  Pretty Lights put on the best show I've ever been to.

pfxtc said:
I've never been to a concert where anybody would 'dance' other than maybe Dark Star Orchestra, which was the worst show I've ever been to and left 1/2 way through.



Wow.  The only concert I've been to where I couldn't dance was Nine Inch Nails, and that was because the tickets for the central standing room were too expensive and I had to chill in the seated section with my friend.  Nothing beats losing yourself in the whirling maelstrom of energy that is the mosh pit.  :shrug:


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: deCypher]
    #17335241 -

You need to go to a Buckethead show.


--------------------
I fucking hate you... God damn, I love you...
But we both know if we stick together, we'll just tear ourselves apart
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey
You are my heroin, but there's an abscess... God damn, I miss the vein!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: sanchothestoner]
    #17335272 -

I can't take someone who wears a bucket on their head serious as a musician... :shrug:


--------------------

    And when I see you coming down the line
    With eyes wide open
    Somewhere in between the past and future
    Where you drift in time
    And you can see a different point of view


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: jammin]
    #17335285 -

So is op the one to not enjoy live shows, so far? Love me some live Widespread..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: pfxtc]
    #17335314 -

Quote:
pfxtc said:I have no interest in new music so that's besides the point...



i'm gonna go with the crowd on this one and say the bands your seeing is the problem.
metal live always let me down, i just stopped listening to it altogether years ago, but that's besides the point. :smirk:
some of the best shows i've seen where small bands i never heard of before at music festivals.
go see some local music.


--------------------
:willynilly:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: broken]
    #17335477 -

tl;dr

i can't play a chord to save my life but i love going to shows shows.

I recently got into taping shows and it's so fun, you meet some chill people, and i feel like i'm giving back to the scene

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: bait_]
    #17335593 -

I thought about buying taping equipment for shows, but from what I saw, it costs a lot, so my dreams were struck down. I go to so many shows that nobody tapes, and it's a damn shame that I or anybody else, can't go back and listen to how good the music was.


--------------------

    And when I see you coming down the line
    With eyes wide open
    Somewhere in between the past and future
    Where you drift in time
    And you can see a different point of view


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: jammin]
    #17335630 -

get into it man!

depending on the venue you can get decent recordings with just the built in mics on a recorder. add some 'cheap' mics to that that are powered from the recorder itself and you can get near 'perfect' aud recording

IMO it's more important to get a recording than a good one...

but yeah total my rig cost me a pretty penny but not too much. it's pretty good and does what i want it to...  however people put thousands into theirs.

Edited by bait_ (12/04/12 10:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Megadeth vs. Iron Maiden
( 1 2 3 all )
DrunkenAttempt 4,207 40 12/08/06 11:03 AM
by goobler
* Megadeth vs Metallica.
( 1 2 all )
potatos 2,751 35 07/25/10 01:13 AM
by Shins
* Concert Goers: Music vs. 'Scene'
( 1 2 3 all )
cortex 7,002 51 06/14/04 12:54 AM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Everyone seems to hate them but me
( 1 2 3 all )
silversoul7 2,929 41 03/19/04 12:33 AM
by I_was_the_walrus
* I Just Bought 2 Floor Tix For Tiesto In Concert 40oz 802 8 06/17/05 05:45 AM
by 40oz
* Rock concert drug stories! livetoride007 2,452 6 03/04/03 02:42 PM
by Chills420 version2
* Jimi Hendrix Concert Found YouEnjoyMyself 1,194 4 09/18/04 08:10 PM
by Merkin
* whats the best concert youve been to ?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
SO0PA_HER0 6,559 85 07/06/05 12:13 AM
by HELLA_TIGHT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,793 topic views. 4 members, 12 guests and 96 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.