Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: pfxtc]
    #17324164 -

really all depends on who your seeing, some concerts are better than others

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: pfxtc] * 3
    #17324194 -

pfxtc said:
New music sucks balls, I don't care what anybody says



:notcoolman:


--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: blingbling]
    #17324213 -

blingbling said:
pfxtc said:
New music sucks balls, I don't care what anybody says



:notcoolman:




--------------------
:tigerbunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: withoutawire] * 1
    #17324351 -

i prefer festivals to concerts any day. i just wish there were more week long or month long festivals.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #17324378 -

I love going to shows.
What is really cool is when you go to enough shows that you meet people in your local scene.
It gets to the point where you're constantly running into people at shows.
It's really nice getting down to some tunes with cool people and familiar faces. :yesnod:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #17324425 -

i used to go to alot of local punk shows in the 90's, but festivals are just more fun with endless opportunities.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: pfxtc] * 9
    #17324430 -

OP is officially the most depressing person ever.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: pfxtc]
    #17324492 -

pfxtc said:
70-75 year olds? :lol:

Only 70+ person I've seen was BB King.

New music sucks balls, I don't care what anybody says :shrug: Nobody's unique and anybody who actually is unique is only so because they're just so off the wall it's terrible. Flame on, I don't care, I just don't like anything in probably the last 10 years.



yes because im sure you've heard all the new music out there :rolleyes: you probably just throw on the radio and after a few minutes decide that all new music sucks.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: lar20]
    #17324557 -

What megadeth show did you go to bro? i had a homie go the other day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #17324559 -

Acaterpillar said:
I love going to shows.
What is really cool is when you go to enough shows that you meet people in your local scene.
It gets to the point where you're constantly running into people at shows.
It's really nice getting down to some tunes with cool people and familiar faces. :yesnod:



YES. It's great going to see a show and talking to all the people you've met at previous shows. Great way to make friends!

I eat, sleep, and breathe live music. I've probably gone to about 25 shows this year and that just isn't enough for me. If I had the cash I'd go to some kind of live music just about every night.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: pfxtc]
    #17324604 -

Wow, that is sad that you don't like going to shows anymore. I can't imagine megadeth being a good show now days though, in the 90's a megadeth show was probably awesome.

Have you tried furthur? I have been to like 5 shows and i got a miracle ticket for the last one i went to. They are still truckin and the crowd is really diverse, people aren't just getting drunk and stupid either.

I'm going to primus in less than a month! I saw them earlier this summer and Les Claypool is fucking awesome. He talks to the crowd and he is obviously a musical genius.

i don't know how you honestly can't like concerts. If you are going there purely for the music that is probably why. I know that sounds silly but if that's your only reason why would you pay a bunch of money to go see them? You could listen to them at home or something any day of the week.

If you go to a venue/show/concert/rave or anything, you should definitely like or even love the music but you should also be going to socialize,dance,take drugs,support the artist(s), and just generally have a good time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Everything]
    #17324611 -

Shpongle/Phutureprimitive concert was so epic that it renewed my faith in humanity, even if only briefly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Xingu]
    #17324633 -

I almost went to shpongle one year! but then i ended up not being able to and gave the ticket to my girlfriend. She said it was awesome. :frown: wish i could have gone...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Everything]
    #17324694 -

His new setup is pure mind melting glory.



The shapes you see there are whiteboard, on which visualizations are projected, as he stands in the center dancing/mixing. Radius on the hemisphere of whiteboard is about 20 feet.

I would highly recommend seeing him/them (was only Simon this time) next time they're touring.

Phutureprimitive had some ridiculous visuals as well...pretty epic fairly unknown artist, elegant dubstep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Xingu]
    #17324702 -

i need to pay for my own dope.. plenty of local bands for cheap. they play better too..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: orison] * 1
    #17324778 -

go to a legit underground punk show, i mean the sweaty, crowd of under 50 people, rented out VFW hall or some dude's house, people slamdancing in a way that is violent but more in the way of a chaotic whirlwind of energy rather than a macho "single you out to hurt you cause you bumped into me the wrong way" like at a lot of metal shows, that shit is what recharges the batteries of my soul.







--------------------

Edited by Pigasus (12/03/12 02:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Xingu]
    #17324892 -

Wow, i guess Datsik totally copied Shpongle, or something. Can't imagine shpongle copying Datsik. But they both use that exact same stage i think.



nevermind, looked up some pics of the shpongle stage, similar but slightly different.

is this what you are talking about?




Edited by Everything (12/03/12 03:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Everything]
    #17324897 -

Chances are they had the same person/company designing it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: Everything]
    #17324900 -

Everything said:
Wow, i guess Datsik totally copied Shpongle, or something. Can't imagine shpongle copying Datsik. But they both use that exact same stage i think.





Are you blind, or what?

That looks nothing like the masquerade lol.

OP, your problem is you're watching old washed up dorks :lol:

I do hate the crowd at most shows I go to, but I find the music to be worth the trouble


--------------------


۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: anyone else hate concerts? [Re: pfxtc]
    #17324902 -

pfxtc said:
I think I prefer things where you sit down and the music is more like a 'presentation' ala cover band Aussie Pink Floyd. They play fantastic covers of Pink Floyd and it's a SHOW... not standing and getting smashed around by fat retards and listening to songs that sounds exactly the same over and over again. That's how most shows are it seems.



Aussie Pink Floyd are good. I'm not a huge fan of concerts either. Not many bands still around I want to see. Very few kicking about still that I would actually pay for and the rest are dead.
Some crowds are all screaming at the band and I feel stupid...It's just a guy..fuck this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Megadeth vs. Iron Maiden
( 1 2 3 all )
DrunkenAttempt 4,207 40 12/08/06 11:03 AM
by goobler
* Megadeth vs Metallica.
( 1 2 all )
potatos 2,751 35 07/25/10 01:13 AM
by Shins
* Concert Goers: Music vs. 'Scene'
( 1 2 3 all )
cortex 7,003 51 06/14/04 12:54 AM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Everyone seems to hate them but me
( 1 2 3 all )
silversoul7 3,014 41 03/19/04 12:33 AM
by I_was_the_walrus
* I Just Bought 2 Floor Tix For Tiesto In Concert 40oz 802 8 06/17/05 05:45 AM
by 40oz
* Rock concert drug stories! livetoride007 2,454 6 03/04/03 02:42 PM
by Chills420 version2
* Jimi Hendrix Concert Found YouEnjoyMyself 1,194 4 09/18/04 08:10 PM
by Merkin
* whats the best concert youve been to ?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
SO0PA_HER0 6,559 85 07/06/05 12:13 AM
by HELLA_TIGHT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,793 topic views. 6 members, 20 guests and 144 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.