Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17230010 -

I've always heard Habaneros are the hottest peppers there are, but I know shit.
Any truth to this?


--------------------
[quote]sVs said:
Adorable overload is imminent.[/quote]

[quote]YSHServant  said:
You are on my turf when you are in the pub.[/quote]

[quote]ButteredToast said:
Shroomery 2012- Thread goes from discussing a possibly deceased member to posting nudes of her.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: xanderofpella]
    #17230152 -

They used to be. Then it was the ghost pepper, now it's the Trainidad scorpion moruga.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: xanderofpella]
    #17230162 -

I wish i had some ghost chili's my son killed the shit out of my poor ghost chili plant :crankey:


--------------------


            You Can doooo it, you can dooo it all nite long

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: kendawg]
    #17230200 -

Anyone else get hiccups from hot peppers? For a while I got this any time I had anything too spicy, but it hasn't happened in a while.

Habaneros and Scotch bonnets are about my favorite peppers for flavor. I'm not sure I would enjoy anything much hotter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: psi]
    #17230243 -

Haha i get the hiccups from hell if its to spicy its all part of the fun :grin: this spring im going to be a pepper growing fool :rockon: well atleast try too


--------------------


            You Can doooo it, you can dooo it all nite long

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: psi]
    #17231393 -

psi said:
Anyone else get hiccups from hot peppers? For a while I got this any time I had anything too spicy, but it hasn't happened in a while.

Habaneros and Scotch bonnets are about my favorite peppers for flavor. I'm not sure I would enjoy anything much hotter.



Yep, same here man. I know I ate something too spicy if I start hiccuping. Which can be painful, especially if you are still eating said spicy stuff and it goes down the wrong pipe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: Gumby]
    #17231534 -

The peppers in the middle look like the "Super Chile/Chili" variety ofCapsicum annuum.  When I lived in GA I had a neighbor who grew them in her garden as an ornamental plant.  She had buckets full of those peppers and gave me all I wanted since she didn't eat anything hot.  They were pretty hot, hotter than most chili peppers I've had but not habanero hot.  They made really good sauce though.




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: MorphinTime]
    #17231608 -

I've eaten those ornamental peppers before. Meh. No me gusta. I could see them being used in a hotsauce to add some heat, but that's about it. They're all heat and little to no flavor... nice looking in a garden though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: Gumby]
    #17231686 -

You're right, they lack real flavor but have decent heat.  That's why I made sauces out of them :lol:

Idk what they are then, they just have a really generic pepper look to them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: MorphinTime]
    #17231737 -

I'm about to make some more hotsauce out to the peppers I have. I have a half full jar of the last scotch bonnet/jalapeno hotsauce batch I made that is way to watery, I'm gonna add it to that. I usually share the hot sauces I make with friends and local cooks. If I share this one I can imagine the conversation...

"So what did you use as a base for this hotsauce?"
"Hotsauce I made three days ago"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: Gumby]
    #17231758 -

I have a bunch of scotch bonnet peppers that I was thinking of trying to make into some hot sauce, but I'm not sure what else to use in what amounts. Was thinking maybe to use some red onion, also vinegar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: psi]
    #17231933 -

For the hotsauce I recently I made I used white vinegar, red wine vinegar, water, garlic, salt, a tiny bit of red onions, and a bit of Maggie Asian seasoning to add a bit more salty flavor. Blend the ever living fuck out of it. I put my blender on puree. You gotta start out slow with the blender then work your way up to full speed, otherwise blending just doesn't work. Also, cut up the peppers into small slices so you can fit more in the blender at once. Be careful opening it. Getting a whiff of some freshly blended hotsauce (especially with habaneros or hotter) will wreck your nose and/or eyes. 

If you are intuitive when it comes to the kitchen, play with it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: Gumby]
    #17232017 -

Do you cook yours at all?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: psi]
    #17232094 -

Nah, given that I put the stuff in mason jars, I could easily do some canning. I talked to a a chef at a local bar/pub that I frequent and he said that I should at least freeze or can it if I plan to keep it for more than a week and a half. I feel like doing either one would ruin the texture of the hotsauce(and thought the vinegar would preserve it), it still has a little bit of crunchy texture to the hot sauce, canning or cooking would ruin that. Guess I'm gonna be eating a lot of hot sauce over the next few days.

Also, bout to make some sauce with the new peppars. This is gonna be the death sauce, I already know. That one ghost pepper is gonna be like that guy you kinda invited to the party because he might be cool, but once he got there he just fucked everything up. Time to make death sauce, I'll report back once it's done.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: Gumby]
    #17232141 -

Cool. I ended up deciding to cook mine, will see how that goes. I added a red onion and a couple tomatoes. There weren't that many peppers so I guess it's going to be pretty mild.

Edit: just gave it a taste and it definitely does have some kick to it.

Edited by psi (11/16/12 09:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: psi]
    #17232252 -

I want to try the Trinidad Scorpion Moruga peppers. A friend gave me some Trinidad Scorpion Butch T peppers recently and they were unbearably hot. Taking microscopic nibbles off of a piece was about all I could handle. But I added about 1/3 of one to some tortilla soup, and chili another time and it was the perfect amount of heat.

I also washed my hands three times after handling them and still managed to burn my eyes and some other areas not realizing it was still on my hands.  :spicy:


--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: Ballerium]
    #17232380 -

Ballerium said:
I want to try the Trinidad Scorpion Moruga peppers. A friend gave me some Trinidad Scorpion Butch T peppers recently and they were unbearably hot. Taking microscopic nibbles off of a piece was about all I could handle. But I added about 1/3 of one to some tortilla soup, and chili another time and it was the perfect amount of heat.

I also washed my hands three times after handling them and still managed to burn my eyes and some other areas not realizing it was still on my hands.  :spicy:



Yeah it seems like no amount of soap can help you if you don't wear gloves with super spicy peppers. I accidentally cut the fingertip of my glove off when I was slicing up the ghost pepper and was like "FUCK THAT, new glove time." I've seen the worst of what hot peppers can do to mucous membranes and other sensitive areas (and been slapped as a result). I play my cards safe nowadays.

Bout to try this concoction I just made, I'll report back soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: Gumby]
    #17232478 -

Oh mother of fuck. Ghost peppers just make things unbearable. My eyes were watering like crazy, I was sweating, my nose was running like crazy. Fuck ghost peppers are awful, evil things. Didn't have to resort to milk or bread, but holy shit that was rough. And god damnit somehow the corners of my eyes are burning like a motherfucker. The gloves failed me, damnit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: Gumby]
    #17232509 -

Gumby said:
I've seen the worst of what hot peppers can do to mucous membranes and other sensitive areas (and been slapped as a result).



:curbyourenthusiasm: 


All my stories about peppers and girls are just, pathetic :sad:




I can't see myself using ghost peppers or anything hotter than habaneros really.  I like heat, but at some point it's just ridiculous unless other flavors overpower it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me identify these peppers! [Re: MorphinTime]
    #17232523 -

Yeah anything hotter than habanero is just unnecessary. I just tried it out because I could and immediately regretted it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* TONS of pictures from Trinidad and Tobago
( 1 2 all )
Gumby 3,835 28 03/10/17 04:45 AM
by Hongos420
* my scorpion had babies!! (*UPDATE*)
( 1 2 all )
dr0mni 4,944 27 11/14/05 11:17 AM
by irascible_raunch
* i got stung by a scorpion today
( 1 2 all )
wrestler_az 3,578 20 07/27/07 11:47 AM
by four20snakeman
* do you like scorpions ?
( 1 2 all )
KerbouchardS 2,634 21 07/12/06 02:18 AM
by downforpot
* Trinidad and the people who smoke pot there Corporal Kielbasa 888 8 08/02/05 01:24 PM
by Jadian
* Can I bring etizolam and kratom with me to Trinidad from Canada? Moonshoe 1,403 7 02/22/13 06:18 PM
by Moonshoe
* Almost ate a scorpion freddurgan 1,461 14 06/08/05 10:52 AM
by nonoman
* Shroomery girls are hotsauce
( 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 )
mellowparty 15,992 267 09/14/11 01:14 AM
by indica

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,839 topic views. 5 members, 7 guests and 108 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.