Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
what you all think of this trippy rap beat i made
    #17194013 -

http://soundcloud.com/user644258036/dmt-gasm


any comments or feedback would be nice, its over at 1:00 btw, the rest that comes after is extra i didnt want looped in to record

hope yall like :sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what you all think of this trippy rap beat i made [Re: purelycontradictin]
    #17200612 -

I love when the intro and the full out base like mell and beat
section you put in there I wish it was longer. The
only thing I don't like is the ending with the snare
and hat I prefer smooth ambience endings.

Check out my soundcloud I followed you.

http://soundcloud.com/sindram


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what you all think of this trippy rap beat i made [Re: Tsukasa]
    #17200622 -

I use ableton. What DAW do you use?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what you all think of this trippy rap beat i made [Re: Tsukasa]
    #17201138 -

you mean like software?  i use magix music maker mx, i wanted to get fl studio 9 since i understand that better and how much more you can do


thanks for the tips :stayfunky:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what you all think of this trippy rap beat i made [Re: purelycontradictin]
    #17201296 -

You can do an ass load of shit in fl but yea DAW is a production software. I got my

Ableton Intro
Boxed version with everything listed above
+ Printed manual and CDs
+ 6GB of sounds

It's 97 Euro but after tax it came to 101.90

You can do all kinds of cool shit and they sell controllers specifically for it. The only problem I have is when I make a song it's quite and I have to master it to make it louder. Deadmau5, Daft Punk, and Skrillex. All of my songs on my soundcloud are made with Ableton and so are my brothers.

http://soundcloud.com/antidownit

You can make every thing from trance to Dub and record instruments live and they let you use the key board as a key board. Deadmau5's soundcloud is.

http://soundcloud.com/fuckmylife

You can find sounds online but they all so sell packs so you get new instruments and sounds. I find ableton a lot easier to use than Fl Studio but Fl Studio lets you make better dub step. To get the dirty growls like Bassnectar and Skrillex you would need Massive made by native instruments. It does every thing FL does but it's just easier to use. Ableton is all so more geared towards remixing and live sampling. You can take tracks that you made in ableton and play them live so you wont need more than one program. They let you use cdj and every thing and have channel switches. My brother hooked his xbox 360 controller up to the computer and uses it in ableton as a beatpad. You can all so buy abletons launchpad but the controllers way cooler in my opinion but I still want one. The Ableton I got was 128$ if I remember correctly. They let you pic between windows and mac. The only downside with Ableton Intro is you can only get 8 channels be for you have to freeze and compress every thing in to one audio file and then it will be come one channel and you can continue to add on. There are tons of stuff on youtube about ableton and theres a forum on there site for the ableton community. They helped me figure out how to fix my ableton because I installed and the files where all messed up and it wouldn't let me use instruments. If you just move the folders to the desktop so there in the same place as the short cut it will work fine. All so with Intro you cant use some of the instruments but you can still upgrade later on. I'd personally would rather just have intro and pick the instruments and packs I want instead of paying a grand for the full Ableton.

You can get a free trial for ableton on there website they let you use it for as long as you want but your not able to save any of your work or export it. If your thinking about a DAW I would strongly urge you to consider trying them all and pick the one that works best for you and learn there in's and outs because there expensive as fuck. There is a DAW named Reason if you have every heard of it. Don't every buy this program unless you have instruments to use it with because unlike ableton and FL you cant use the computer keyboard for every thing.

www.ableton.com

Right now every things in Euro but it used to be in US you can just convert it with a calculator you find on google or there shopping cart might do it. My brother got ableton Intro to but he got the cheapest one that doesn't come with the 6GB of sounds and he didn't get any instruments or any thing but he could load songs and dj and play live with it. He had to pay an extra 25 dollars for the 6GB of sounds (instruments) he was fucking pissed. We both thought sounds meant samples but they were instruments. You can get the free trial version by going to the top right corner of the page and it says try it fee in a black box. It was a bit over whelming at first but once you get the hang of it you'll like it better than FL. If your ever wanting to play live or do remixes FL wont let you do it. Ableton has built in feature to let you play live. If you check out my brothers soundcloud (antidownit) he did the remix of Skrillex and Damian Jr. Gong Marley Make it Burn in ableton's Live features.

Thats pretty much my opinions on ableton and fl studion and why I think abletons better as a DAW and some of the problems we had installing off of the CD that we never got with the downloaded trial an how we fixed it. If you decide on ableton or have any questions about just shoot me a pm on here or soundcloud or to my brother antidownit and if he's not answering just let me know and i'll tell him he has mail in his Soundcloud and hell get back to you. Get the trial for sure i think youll fucking love it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what you all think of this trippy rap beat i made [Re: purelycontradictin]
    #17202902 -

Quote:
I wish it was longer.




--------------------
★★★ ★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what you all think of this trippy rap beat i made [Re: the human abstract]
    #17202925 -

the human abstract said:
Quote:
I wish it was longer.





I know right. Thats what I thought.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what you all think of this trippy rap beat i made [Re: Tsukasa]
    #17204195 -

ill finish it up in a few days so its about 3 minutes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what you all think of this trippy rap beat i made [Re: purelycontradictin]
    #17208970 -

http://soundcloud.com/user644258036/dmt-gasm-space-oddities


all finished up and edited in some parts, enjoy folks :sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what you all think of this trippy rap beat i made [Re: purelycontradictin]
    #17210609 -

It's bad ass I love this shit now. It's like the perfect link for me. :pipesmoke: it's magical.

...I listened to it like 20+ times yesterday.

Edited by TriGeoLight (11/13/12 12:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Rap beat TrauM 326 0 10/04/07 04:26 PM
by TrauM
* check this rock/rap beat...awesome hybrid. Liquid_Dimension 527 4 11/13/07 06:14 PM
by Liquid_Dimension
* Trippy Playlist, Need help. claybob33 3,199 11 12/29/07 09:07 AM
by Clean
* Wanted: Cosmic Rap! Jackenobi 1,081 14 10/11/06 04:31 PM
by Jackenobi
* Beat making software? Banez 1,140 14 05/14/07 06:07 PM
by Banez
* ableton question... skatealex2 1,054 16 04/06/10 08:47 PM
by elementswrath
* Ableton Live: Mixing Software dblaney 2,843 15 05/23/07 06:17 PM
by Osker246
* Hiphop/rap Aqua 2,376 18 02/09/05 09:10 PM
by Vulture

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
676 topic views. 1 members, 13 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.