Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: My wife believes she is psychic [Re: eMpire420]
    #17061847 -

OK I come at this all from a different perspective and that is simply because I have had a different experience (seemingly) than most of you. From my perspective, chakras, or rather energy centers, exist and have a huge effect on our lives because they are a part of our physiology. Also I have been given the experience of literally forays into the spirit world on psilocybin mushrooms, encountering and meeting spirits that I literally had worked with in past lives as a south american shaman. This is my experience, and I was shown all of this and many more things about myself after only dosing twice on mushrooms on two separate occasions. In both experiences I was guided by these spirits in a very organic, imaginative way through the spirit world, communicating psychically throughout with entities outside of myself. Heres how we communicated. In one experience I was first opened up by being hugged by a spirit made out of black and red thorns. This metaphorically and physically opened up the fractal borders of myself, allowing me to experience more deeply the beings I was about to meet. Then I was guided though an underwater realm meeting spirits the whole time. The spirits met me and kind of interfaced with me. Basically the way we communicated was by being close to eachother, out energy fields intertwining and interfacing. By being next to a spirit I was able to feel their life, their experiences as a autonomous being somehow, learning instantly that each one had been alive for thousands of years and had experienced many, many things being in relationship with humans throughout that time period. This was when I remembered my past life interaction with them, which is just a memory that came up somehow, that I had worked with these beings before as a shaman.

In totality I met 40 or 50 beings like this, maybe even more, and learned as well that each are specialists in their own right in a way, teaching things pertinent to our evolution in their own special way. They are teachers, and some give painful lessons at that depending on what you identify with in your evolution. I met one that was very ugly to my sensibilities, kind of a medusa like being, a girl, who I immediatley understood gives painful lessons to those who need them and who literally call for them by nature of their deeds. But I also understood that this lesson is needed by those who get it. I also met one who can give people the experience of ego death by expanding itself and yourself in a way as to give you an experience of the selfless self.

I will say one last thing. I don't know if your wife has brought up the subject of kundalini yet but it is a subject that has been spoken to and experienced directly by yogis for millenia. I won't get too into the idea of what it is partly due to my own lack of understanding now and partly because it could bring confusion, but kundalini itself is life force energy that is absolutely vital for life.
Basically I have been directly experiencing a kundalini awakening for a couple years now, and am past the climax of the experience, the so called "kundalini raising" episode. This life changing event happened about 6 months ago. Coming home from a nervous breakdown I had in New York City, I arrived to a loving family, but was not whole as I had just suffered a break, an overwhelm that somehow overwhelmed me physiologically and psychologically. The day after I got back home my dad guided me through a meditation that he had been doing for years on end and that never in his experience elicited the experience that I had then and there. Basically I experienced what the meditation is supposed to do fully. And I'll keep it as concise as possible. Basically a whole lot of this life force energy, kundalini, rose from the base of my spine, pierced and penetrated each energy center in my body, filled each center with its light wholly, purifying me perfectly as it went up, then left my body entirely traveling up very high into the atmosphere. I felt and saw all of this happening with psychic perception; basically with my eyes closed I saw my body as it naturally is, as light, and I saw and felt kundalini rise through each center, purifying it all. I also had been working unconsciously and consciously to get to the point where I had this experience for 3 or so years, incorporating a diet change into my life, practicing meditation, yoga, and kundalini yoga.
I guess thats all I want to say now, let me know if you have any questions or if I can elucidate anything cryptic in here for you.


--------------------
               
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there is nothing to fear with this chemical besides astonishing realization that everything IS indeed 1 entity

Questions

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My wife believes she is psychic [Re: jw2234]
    #17061917 -

JohnnieYen said:
The reason I started this thread is that she told me she is a fork in the road when it comes to accepting this. Should she go full steam ahead, or drop the idea completely.

She was meditating in her class 2 days ago and the guide was getting people to clear their negative energies. She kept thinking about her biological father and how he OD on heroin when she was 3. She said she felt angry about it which she never realized she felt before.

Once she let go of the anger and felt a weight lifted, she clearly heard "good job (her name)". When that part of the class ended she asked if anyone said that. Her guide told her it was her spirit guide communicating with her.

She is not a sheeple. but I am wondering if she is being too influenced by her guide. Like I said before, I'm going to schedule an appointment to check these people out. We'll see... I'll update this thread after I have my session.



In my opinion, what your wife is describing as her spirit guide is probably just her subconscious.

jw2234 said:
OK I come at this all from a different perspective and that is simply because I have had a different experience (seemingly) than most of you. From my perspective, chakras, or rather energy centers, exist and have a huge effect on our lives because they are a part of our physiology.



Chakras are not part of our physiology as far as we know as they are neither accepted by science or measurable part of biological systems. You may have experienced something that you call chakras but that doesn't mean they're part of our physiology.


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My wife believes she is psychic [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #17061935 -

JohnnieYen said:
I'm not sure if I can fully commit to the idea that my wife can communicate with spirits but I cannot deny she has crazy intuitive powers.

I have seen her get a perfect 7/7 when she predicts the gender of her pregnant friends or relatives so far.(tells them after she has a dream)
She is definitely an empath. She senses what people are feeling and can pinpoint the cause within a few minutes. It is no wonder her friends and family always come to her first for advice. Although sometimes they don't like what she has to say.

What do you guys think, possible? or not?



As for the predicting pregnancy thing i've actually heard some interesting theories about it, they have found that the female body will produce slightly different pheremones and chemicals when pregnant with a boy vs pregnant with a girl. and the human body is surprisingly good at picking up on these subtle chemical cues (most people are just oblivious too them) so its possible that your wife simply subconciously can pick up on those pheremonal differences allowing her to predict the gender with a high degree of accuracy.

Same thing with emotional states, as for pinpointing the reason within a couple minutes thats pretty easy for anyone with strong intuition and a basic knowledge of the subject.

Its an impressive gift granted but nothing psychic about it.


--------------------
Live Mythically


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My wife believes she is psychic [Re: jw2234]
    #17061936 -

Thank you jw, I appreciate your post. I know my wife (and I) believe in kundalini although we have never called it that.

I had a major spiritual awakening this summer on a rue + mush combo while camping. All I wanted was to trip out and look at stars. What I got was completely different.

I kept getting woken up with the urge to go outside my tent. I layed on the picnic table to look at the stars. I kept hearing a humming/rumbling sound (even though it was middle of the night in the campground). I thought of the rose meditation my wife showed me a few weeks before and surprisingly when I opened my eyes I was surrounded by a sphere of pink light around me. I also felt as if I were floating because I couldn't feel the table underneath me. I was able to control the size of the sphere by concentrating and made it quite large before it collapsed back into me.

It was very profound, I'm still trying to process if it was just drugs or something more.


--------------------
[center

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My wife believes she is psychic [Re: Bjorn_Stormcrow]
    #17061946 -

Ulfrick said:
Its an impressive gift guess granted but nothing psychic about it.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My wife believes she is psychic [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17061976 -

Look, I don't claim to have the ultimate knowledge of the universe.

You shouldn't either.

I still like you though :hug:


--------------------
[center

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My wife believes she is psychic [Re: JohnnieYen] * 2
    #17062020 -

JohnnieYen said:
It was very profound, I'm still trying to process if it was just drugs or something more.



If you haven't experienced anything like this outside of the use conscious altering substances, we can probably chalk this one up as the drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My wife believes she is psychic [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #17062293 -

I have had MANY extraordinary experiences with what people refer to as being "psychic", "clairvoyant", "telepathic", what have you.  I have been told by a shaman that I am highly psychic.  Some of these experiences simply CANNOT be explained as coincidence or luck.  I am definitely strongly intuitive and it just gets stronger and stronger as I mature and evolve.  Most recently I had an experience with a friend while I was in a medicine ceremony.  I was working on letting go of fears and wounds/traumas from childhood, and that night she dreamed about me and what I was working through and actually literally helped me slay my demons which appeared to her in the form of a fish in her dream.  We met for breakfast that morning and she told me about the dream as soon as I sat down before I could tell her anything. 

:shrug:

According to Yogic philosophy, a practitioner may develop extraordinary powers, called siddhis, through long term dedicated practice.  I believe this is true.  I also believe some people are naturally more capable than others at accessing these vibrational realms.

I have no fucking clue what any of it means.  I was told by a teacher of mine that it's not my purpose in this life to question, that I must accept that everything just "IS".  I'm supposed to the questioning to the scientists.  haha. 

Speaking of which, I do have a feeling that quantam physics will someday be able to explain these subtle realms of existence, and in the meantime I balance my beliefs with a healthy dose of skepticism.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My wife believes she is psychic [Re: SoreSpore] * 1
    #17062343 -

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall...


--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My wife believes she is psychic [Re: yogabunny]
    #17062364 -

yogabunny said:
I have had MANY extraordinary experiences with what people refer to as being "psychic", "clairvoyant", "telepathic", what have you.  I have been told by a shaman that I am highly psychic.  Some of these experiences simply CANNOT be explained as coincidence or luck.  I am definitely strongly intuitive and it just gets stronger and stronger as I mature and evolve.  Most recently I had an experience with a friend while I was in a medicine ceremony.  I was working on letting go of fears and wounds/traumas from childhood, and that night she dreamed about me and what I was working through and actually literally helped me slay my demons which appeared to her in the form of a fish in her dream.  We met for breakfast that morning and she told me about the dream as soon as I sat down before I could tell her anything. 

:shrug:

According to Yogic philosophy, a practitioner may develop extraordinary powers, called siddhis, through long term dedicated practice.  I believe this is true.  I also believe some people are naturally more capable than others at accessing these vibrational realms.

I have no fucking clue what any of it means.  I was told by a teacher of mine that it's not my purpose in this life to question, that I must accept that everything just "IS".  I'm supposed to the questioning to the scientists.  haha. 

Speaking of which, I do have a feeling that quantam physics will someday be able to explain these subtle realms of existence, and in the meantime I balance my beliefs with a healthy dose of skepticism.



Wow, great post YB.

I really identify with balancing beliefs with skepticism.

Thanks for the that!
:bunnyhug:


--------------------
[center

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My wife believes she is psychic [Re: yogabunny]
    #17062395 -

I've had a few psychic dreams.

When i was in jail, i dreamt i was still inside the jail, but it was all set up like a movie set, which let me know it was all only temporary. Then, in the dream, my parents came to pick me up; i was being released. In their car was a ballon and a present in the backseat.
A little more then a week after that dream i was released for real this time. I couldn't believe it when both my parents met me outside WITH A BALLOON, and on the way back i rode passenger and my mom in the backseat with the balloon. She was the present.

Also, the night before the Japanese earthquake and tsunami i had a horrible nightmare where i was living in a house on the very end of a pier, surrounded by water. In the dream a giant wave hit me and destroyed my house and nearly killed me.
I woke up to see the news of the tsunami.

And just today/last night i had another one of these occurences.
A few weeks ago i applied online for an important document i need asap. I called the dep. for the document on the 10th of this month and was told it could take 30 days to recieve it. I needed it by the end of the month.
Last night, in my dreams, i told myself or something told me "hey, you applied online, that means it will be expedited."
So i go and check the mail this morning, and what do you know, there it is!! 20 days earlier than expected!
I fucking love life.


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My wife believes she is psychic [Re: SoreSpore]
    #17062838 -

SoreSpore said:
Uzziel said:
Whenever I think of shamans, physics....etc... I place them all the same category... "Spiritual" nonsense..



How does physics fall in the category of nonsense?



typo, was high as shit and didn't realize it lol, psychic is what I meant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My wife believes she is psychic [Re: Synesthesist]
    #17063158 -

Personally I don't think intuition is necessarily anything special and more than likely not the result of anything supernatural.  I think it stems from the ability of the subconscious to pick up on subtle emotional cues and small details in situations before we are consciously aware of them.  We can make decisions based off this information before we realize we've processed the information, so it can seem like you "just knew," or "just felt" whatever.  That and sometimes when you guess, you'll be right.  I remember reading some mixed things about humans and pheromones, but that was a few years ago so I'll look into it again.  I think that falls under the subconscious thing though.

OP as far as being psychic goes, if she thinks she's legit then tell her to go win you and your kids 1 million dollars.


 
Synesthesist said:
Good news for you both! http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* a trip stac, and kundalini the only way 2 let God run through your nerves sos 1,230 4 10/22/05 10:23 AM
by leery11
* Kundalini Yoga BanJankri 1,087 7 12/16/05 03:04 PM
by leery11
* Oprah Winfrey's mom countersues over wardrobe bill lonestar2004 632 4 09/30/08 06:06 PM
by zappaisgod
* Court tosses FCC 'wardrobe malfunction' fine mofo 390 0 07/21/08 09:54 AM
by mofo
* good reason ur wife shouldn't drive ur truck n the snow Chills420 version2 736 3 02/19/03 05:18 AM
by SonnyBoy
* Some kid was suspended from his school for wearing a Jesus themed T-shirt
( 1 2 3 all )
Patlal 5,415 59 05/05/12 01:41 PM
by SlashOZ
* FL / fruity loops
( 1 2 all )
Valknut 1,653 35 05/31/12 11:55 PM
by Endo The World
* The Chronicles of Narnia...it fucking sucked the big one
( 1 2 3 4 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 4,139 63 12/12/05 04:22 PM
by lukeboots

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,656 topic views. 2 members, 26 guests and 207 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.