Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Tips for an aspiring writer?
    #16873065 -

I've been very interested in writing stories and have done a few in my day but its been awhile. I have some ideas but im having some trouble getting started and I have a feeling ill have a lot of trouble along the way. I haven't taken any creative writing classes which would help a lot im sure and I plan to take some when I can but for now I would greatly appreciate some tips if anyone has some.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tips for an aspiring writer? [Re: lar20]
    #16873160 -

Songwriters use a 'hook', a catchy phrase or riff. A story develops a tempo that lulls the reader.

The author imprints their soul into the work, whether unconsciously or by design by the 'nether'.

I don't know if the patron-saint of writers requires a sacrifice but you might want to consider the option.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tips for an aspiring writer? [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #16874182 -

Try not to suck.

:shrug:


--------------------
Just when you think you're happy
I come around
I was meant to be
A punishment to you
A thorn in your side
A cancer eating through
I twist reality
And make it hard to bear
I am the only thing left
When love isn't there

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tips for an aspiring writer? [Re: ClosedEyeCigarette]
    #16876224 -

ClosedEyeCigarette said:
Try not to suck.

:shrug:



thanks that should help out loads :rolleyes:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Writer's Block silversoul7 1,034 10 06/12/04 09:32 PM
by Psilostylin
* Shroomery Writer's Circle: For Motivation, Dedication, and Inspiration
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,963 28 12/15/05 04:40 PM
by SneezingPenis
* Lyric writing tips. Phishe 1,467 7 08/03/06 04:25 PM
by FGL
* Songwriting fazdazzle 249 0 06/05/11 12:45 AM
by fazdazzle
* Important rules for writers WhiskeyClone 490 5 02/11/08 11:15 AM
by DontFearThePeepr
* If you could meet one songwriter.........
( 1 2 all )
BluMonkee 2,881 35 01/20/10 06:17 PM
by syberia
* Songwriting question - Using inspiration m_m 359 2 06/16/10 11:09 AM
by Sunny
* So you call yourself a writer.
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 2,048 20 09/09/18 12:55 AM
by Sildara

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
228 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.