Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Nature trails in southwest FL
    #16866361 -

Greetings,

All photos were taken in a sabal palm/oak hammock ecotone with cypress domes and random groups of Melaleuca quinquenervias. Most pictures were taken pretty close to the FGCU nature trails at the end of 24 hours of RH high in the 80s-90s, 70s temps, and sporadic sprinkling/light rainfalls.

EDIT: I labelled the post subcategory "ID Request" because I'm very busy and don't have time to flip through my books. Feel free to take some guesses. Identification updated- will figure out the rest soon when I have time:strokebeard:

Hope you enjoy.

1.) Some type of Coral or Earthtongue? Geoglossum?


2.) ???


3.) ???


4.) Psathyrella longistriata?


5.) Gymnopus?


6.) Gymnopus?


7.) Lentinus crinitus


8.) Russula


9.) Russula


10.)


11.)Russula, possibly Russula maraie


12.) Gilled Bolete


13.) possibly a Clitocybe


14.) Galerina species?


15.) Leucocoprinus, maybe L brebissonii


16.) Tremella fusiformis


17.) some old polypores- you can see mycelium under some :awesomenod:


18.) Cyptotrama asprataor possibly Pholiota


19.) Favolus?


20.) ???


:cheers:

Edited by Mykes logos (09/21/12 06:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nature trails in southwest FL [Re: Mykes logos]
    #16875164 -

bump bump bump bump

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nature trails in southwest FL [Re: Mykes logos]
    #16876140 -

I don't think 2 & 3 are Ganoderma, and it's got something else growing off of it that's not the mycelium. I'm interested to see what 4 is :cool:

Edited by Ran-D (09/19/12 05:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nature trails in southwest FL [Re: Ran-D]
    #16876418 -

Cool stuf ffg! 7 is a Lentinus species, probably crinitus. I'll take a whack at more later if no one else gets em first.

:cheers:


--------------------
Listen to my music

Here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nature trails in southwest FL [Re: Gravija]
    #16876470 -

A couple of thoughts:

5). A punt at gymnopus...
9). Is a Russula
10). Not a gym
13). Russula
15). Some kind of Lepiotoid - I'd guess Leucocoprinus maybe L brebissonii.
16). Pretty confident on Tremella fuciformis, a Jelly Fungus.
18). Pholiota?
19). Not Oysters - they appear to have pores whilst Oysters have gills.

Edited by User_7 (09/19/12 07:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nature trails in southwest FL [Re: Gravija]
    #16876544 -

1 is maybe a Geoglossum species?

4 is cool! I think it's Psathyrella longistriata I think... what do the gills look like? Spore print?

6 not a lot of info here... maybe Gymnopus?

7 is as Gravija said, Lentinus crinitus.

8 Russula

9 Russula

10 Not a Gymnopilus, but not a lot to go on. Gill shot? Spore print?

11 Russula :thumbup:

12 spot on!

13 did this have a strange odor? I am not good with this one, but possibly a Clitocybe or something.

14 Galerina species? Not a lot to go on.

15 Lepiota might be good. Not sure.

16 Probably Tremella fusiformis

17 not sure if that's mycelium or mold.

18 I think they are Cyptotrama asprata, but I'm not positive. Cortinarius don't grow on wood and would have rusty-colored gills from their spores like Gymnopilus. Might be a Pholiota or something similar.

19 maybe a Favolus species? The pores are very distinctive but I can't make the connection for some reason :sad:

20 not sure, sorry


--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nature trails in southwest FL [Re: suchen]
    #16876855 -

Thanks to all for the idents,

Unfortunately what you see is what you get :rofl:

I really liked 1,4, and 16... blew my mind!

Most of what I post on here is the result from quick 10 minutes hikes on my university's nature trails in between classes... and I'm literally in class 8-8 mon-friday:thumbdown:

I've been meeting some cool science professors, so I'm hoping I can establish a good enough relationship with one so I can stash some supplies and a SAB in a lab classroom on campus :awesomenod:

Thanks again,

cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nature trails in southwest FL [Re: Mykes logos]
    #16877157 -

are you in g-ville??

sorry, just read the title, again...:facepalm3:

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Strains in SW FL nestafy 1,009 2 07/19/01 10:01 PM
by nestafy
* Anything in South Fl with all the rains.. Smegmashroom 523 1 06/01/05 12:26 PM
by spores
* Has Anyone Found Psilocybes Near a South FL Trail? World Spirit 1,662 6 09/02/03 06:29 PM
by GGreatOne234
* Blue Meanies of Southwest Florida
( 1 2 all )
kenjaman 36,813 21 06/28/08 02:28 PM
by Alan Rockefeller
* I haven't seen ANY type of mushroom growing in FL in the past two days. donkeyballs 988 1 03/01/05 01:18 AM
by Gumby
* Has anybody found anything in FL
( 1 2 all )
DEATH666 2,290 30 05/05/05 11:05 PM
by Cerius
* drizzle in central Fla. What did it do everywhere else in Fl shroomerman 1,827 7 01/16/03 12:08 PM
by GGreatOne234
* Hows West and Southwest florida......floodwise Mad_Hatter2004 716 3 08/20/04 12:57 PM
by cosmicsea

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,068 topic views. 4 members, 31 guests and 73 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.