Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Are you a drug guru? * 1
    #16640918 -

Do you like to be known as a drug guru when you walk into a room full of people, or keep it more on the dl?

Personally  I don't want to be seen as a drug guru but I like changing misconceptions about the drug war and if people bring it up showing that the drug war makes no sense besides for the people who profit off of it.


Edited by skatealex2 (08/03/12 04:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: skatealex2]
    #16640925 -

pretty much.  i keep it on the downlow though... unless someone asks me a question about it.

i'm not gonna be like, "oh my God, you're so wrong and misinformed about dr00gs!1 this is how they work!"

that's just annoying.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: skatealex2]
    #16640944 -

I was a guru for several years. People I didn't even know would come up to me at parties and ask me about DMT. That actually made me extremely uncomfortable. I don't talk about drugs in large groups anymore. I don't do drugs or go to parties as much at all anymore, come to think of it.

I feel like I turned an entire generation of locals on to DMT, though. It's amazing how little time some people spend puttering around on the Internet absorbing random information.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #16640971 -

I always like to check out the scenario and see what the people are like. If there's one or two hip people in the group who break away from the others I may ask what their opinion is on something like pot, but usually only if they seem like they're cool with it. It's definitely not something to make a scene about, and people that are loudmouths about it when there are people around who don't agree with it usually irritate me. Just gotta keep it on the cool.


--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #16640978 -

i consider myself somewhat of a guru and people know. Not to the point where people are asking me about things but if someones spreading bs im gonna tell them how it is.


--------------------
:meatwad::mastershake::frylock::nyan:
"What I call self-transforming machine elves.Sort of like jewelled basketballs all dribbling their way toward me. And if they'd had faces they would have been grinning, but they didn't have faces. And they assured me that they loved me and they told me not to be amazed; not to give way to astonishment. And so I watched them, even though I wondered if maybe I hadn't really done it this time, and what they were doing was they were making objects come into existence by singing them into existence."-Terence McKenna
Help Me Further My Cube collection

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: skatealex2]
    #16640983 -

No, drugs are bad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: Camwritesgonzo]
    #16640992 -

I keep it on the dl. The only thing I will say if the dr00gz topic is brought up is that everyone should at least try mushrooms once in their life even if they don't use drugs. Then I end the topic


--------------------

    And when I see you coming down the line
    With eyes wide open
    Somewhere in between the past and future
    Where you drift in time
    And you can see a different point of view


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: guitaristjon22]
    #16641010 -

Yes, I am, but I feel tired of talking about drugs or drug policy at parties. It'd rather talk about mathematics, philosophy or natural science. Fucking druggies. :nonono:


--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #16641016 -

Lord_McLovin said:
Yes, I am, but I feel tired of talking about drugs or drug policy at parties. It'd rather talk about mathematics, philosophy or natural science. Fucking druggies. :nonono:



It happens to all of us drug gurus who outgrow their field of study...


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #16641082 -

When people talk bullshit I still like to chime in and question their knowledge. I also like to give out harm reduction advice, as it might save their life one day.

I just don't like the people that have nothing else on their mind than drugs, drugs, drugs ... even though, in a sense, I'm one of them. Yet my aim is to change people's opinion towards our current drug policy, show the importance of harm reduction and safer use and not because I wanna do drug X at club Y with person Z and maybe mix it with W.


--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: skatealex2]
    #16641094 -

No, I don't talk about drugs.  I did a lot more when I was young, but interests change.  I suspect the youth are usually more interested in kicking drug knowledge since its newer to them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #16641108 -

Most of my close friends know I enjoy psychedelic and I try to learn as much as I can about them even though they do not take drugs besides the occasional joint. But I don't consider myself a guru or anything and I rather keeps things quiet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: DieCommie]
    #16641117 -

there are a shit ton of misinformed adults though

i consistently meet "addiction specialists" and "mental health professionals" who think bath salts is a specificic drug rather than a blanket term for over fifty potential chems

realistically over a thousand but i know which ones get branded as bath salts

they however, are completely clueless and most dont differentiate that from the RC cannaboids


i don't correct them but its discouraging to have educated professionals who don't know how to google.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: damnnation]
    #16641120 -

I keep it on the DL, sometimes I pipe up and correct people when they are saying really really stupid shit like "XTC drains your spinal fluid!".


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #16641122 -

Lord_McLovin said:
Yes, I am, but I feel tired of talking about drugs or drug policy at parties. It'd rather talk about mathematics, philosophy or natural science. Fucking druggies. :nonono:



Same. It gets old after awhile. I actually lost motivation to correct people when they're misinformed, even subjects not pertaining to drugs. It all gets so tiresome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: McTwist]
    #16641135 -

McTwist said:
Lord_McLovin said:
Yes, I am, but I feel tired of talking about drugs or drug policy at parties. It'd rather talk about mathematics, philosophy or natural science. Fucking druggies. :nonono:



Same. It gets old after awhile. I actually lost motivation to correct people when they're misinformed, even subjects not pertaining to drugs. It all gets so tiresome.



Especially when you go and show them all the arguments and all the studies and shit that say they are wrong, but they just won't change their mind or they give you some sort of "I don't know man, its still pretty bad for you." statement.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: skatealex2]
    #16641230 -

skatealex2 said:
Do you like to be known as a drug guru when you walk into a room full of people, or keep it more on the dl?

Personally  I don't want to be seen as a drug guru but I like changing misconceptions about the drug war and if people bring it up showing that the drug war makes no sense besides for the people who profit off of it.





I could probably qualify as a drug guru, as could most people on this site with just a basic truthful knowledge about drugs, but I don't really market myself as one and really choose to keep quiet about drugs around my nondrug friends most of the time.

I used to be very open about my drug use, almost to the point of bragging (not really bragging but I was "proud" in a sense, that it made me feel like I had life experiences) but after awhile I realized that most people view drugs as being VERY, VERY taboo and it is not something that they take as lightly and casually as we do.

I used to talk about all my drug stuff with nondrug friends awhile back and after awhile I noticed it was really getting in the way of our relationships - a lot of it was because anytime I would have a problem in my life, they would blame it on drugs, get paranoid and convince themselves I was descending into a junkie lifestyle.  Bad grades this semester?  Must be because I was using drugs and started going overboard.  One friend even thought I was addicted to shrooms at one point. :facepalm:

It's really fuckin' hard and annoying, but when it comes to the subject of drugs you really just have to accept peoples' obnoxiously colossal ignorance on this issue because the more you try to argue your case, the more they perceive you as a long-winded junkie.  It's kind of like sinking in quicksand.


--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: skatealex2]
    #16641273 -

skatealex2 said:
Do you like to be known as a drug guru when you walk into a room full of people, or keep it more on the dl?

Personally  I don't want to be seen as a drug guru but I like changing misconceptions about the drug war and if people bring it up showing that the drug war makes no sense besides for the people who profit off of it.





Im known as the Walking drug guide so to speak because i know a little bit about just about every drug ive studied psychedelics & pills scince 15 or 16 they used to call me the doctor because back when we were 15 i was really the only one who studied the drugs i took and when people would want to take shit-stupid doses of whatever and i could correct them.And there were alot of stupid people.

Also i connect very very well with people when im tripping and can be very profound.But back to your orginal question, most the people i hang out with know im a psychonaut because exploration of the mind and soul is importaint to me.However there is an initiation period in which i decide whether they are narcs or not in other words i do not flaunt that fact that im a psychedelic user


--------------------
All you need is love:heart:

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?-John Lennon

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.
-John Lennon

Life is like a dang old rubix cube you get one side right you mess up the other-Boomhauer
To do list-Ketamine:specialk:, Mushrooms:heart:,LSD:awecid::,Salvia:rocket:,DMT,DXM:crazy2:,Cocaine:rail2:,2c-e:pipesmoke:,Molly:rave:,E:heart:,MXE, 4-Aco-DMT, 25inbome:heart:,6-APB and    5-meo-dalt

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16641290 -

I like opening people's minds about drugs, but you know how it is those kinds of conversations only come up so often :rainbowcloud:


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a drug guru? [Re: The Vapor] * 1
    #16641414 -

The Vapor said:
McTwist said:
Lord_McLovin said:
Yes, I am, but I feel tired of talking about drugs or drug policy at parties. It'd rather talk about mathematics, philosophy or natural science. Fucking druggies. :nonono:



Same. It gets old after awhile. I actually lost motivation to correct people when they're misinformed, even subjects not pertaining to drugs. It all gets so tiresome.



Especially when you go and show them all the arguments and all the studies and shit that say they are wrong, but they just won't change their mind or they give you some sort of "I don't know man, its still pretty bad for you." statement.



It doesn't even have to be about drugs: sociopolitical and environmental issues are some others, which make me feel like I'm fighting a losing battle. Society implants all of these ideas into our heads. The problem is their roots have grown so deep as to be nearly impossible to pluck out except through serious open mindedness and personal research. Debates are tiresome, so I just listen, nod my head, and let people think what they want. Hopefully something I say at least triggers them to reconsider their thoughts because I know during my conversations I often reconsider my own ideas when I hear a challenging argument, even if it is a difficult thing to do, actually saying "wait, I may be wrong." I know it is for me, but I try to keep an open mind about things.

Shit's fucked up and bullshit, and I'm just as much to blame as anyone else. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* War on Drugs. War on Humanity. MXNR 1,350 5 08/23/04 12:40 AM
by SmokeyMcpot
* Famous psychedelic & other drugs users
( 1 2 3 all )
mntlfngrs 15,139 45 07/06/09 07:00 AM
by entheogensmurf
* Annoyed. With misinformation.
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,711 21 03/17/04 06:47 AM
by Anonymous
* The McLovins crackawebsta 687 11 06/17/10 10:48 PM
by crackawebsta
* Rave scenes, drugs and hypocrisy. valour 1,417 8 05/23/04 06:31 PM
by valour
* Drugs are needed for our society to continue...
( 1 2 all )
DailyPot 6,584 23 03/06/17 09:13 PM
by triphead9428
* Drug Test Your Teen Dot Com carbonhoots 5,696 12 01/02/04 02:16 AM
by Anno
* The Rise in the Use of Hallucinogenic Drugs in the 1990s I_Fart_Blue 2,925 9 10/03/16 04:31 PM
by g00ru

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,492 topic views. 8 members, 58 guests and 402 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.