Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The Dead at Bonnaroo
    #1639070 -

Hey, as everyone who went knows, The Dead rocked the house at Bonnaroo!! I'd say it was the best night of my life. Every song that they played had some personal significance - either I had told the guy I was hanging out with that I wanted to hear it, it was a personal favorite, or it was a favorite of one of my friends (and made me think of him/her).

So I was wondering if someone could help me out with the setlist. I know that the opening was Touch of Grey, then Fire on the Mountain, and I remember that the second set opened with Box of Rain. I also recall that the last song was I Know You Rider, with an encore of Attics of my Life. Other than that, I'm shaky on the order, but here are the songs that I remember:

Touch of Grey
Fire on the Mountain
Friend of the Devil
Viola Lee Blues
Box of Rain
Space ->
Drumz
Dark Star -> ?? -> Dark Star
St. Stephen
I Know You Rider
Attics of my Life

Any help with missing songs and the correct order?

One last thing-I'd also love to get ahold of a recording of the performance, but the Dead's summer recording series starts with tonight's performance, so the Bonnaroo performance isn't included. Anyone have a bootleg or know how to get one? I'd be willing to pay. Thanks!


--------------------
huh????

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dead at Bonnaroo [Re: Pala]
    #1639105 -

I just found the setlist on www.setlist.com here it is:

Set 1: Touch of Grey > Jam > Fire on the Mountain > Sugaree > Friend of the Devil > Alabama Getaway > Viola Lee Blues

Set 2: Box of Rain > Black Muddy River > Sugar Magnolia > Sunshine Day Dream > Unbroken Chain > Space > Drums > Dark Star > China Doll > Dark Star > St. Stephen > High Green > The Eleven > I Know You Rider, E: Attics of My Life

I'm still interested in a recording though (how long till gdlive.com would have it?). Thanks.


--------------------
huh????

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dead at Bonnaroo [Re: Pala]
    #1639482 -

it really was an amazing show...  glad to hear someone else had as good of a time as i did :smile:

id be interested in a recording too, so if u find one... pm me

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dead at Bonnaroo [Re: TwistedRedneck]
    #1639539 -

If anyone is interested in DAT quality recordings of any of the live performances they hear this summer (for free!), go to www.furthurnet.com and download their peer-to-peer client. It allows you to search for live recordings of any band who allows taping. They have MP3's for you guys with dial-up, but if you're broadband I'd highly recommend SHN (Shorten) format. You can even get a plug-in that allows you to play SHN files in your winamp player.

I don't have any affiliations with these guys other than being a very happy participant in the community. Never pay for bootlegs. This is illegal, and unnecessary when you can get it all for nothing. If you're going to chat, lay back a while before asking lots of questions.. good etiquette goes a long way. Don't ask "When are the Bonnaroo shows going to get here?", for example.

It will take a little time for the tapers to start seeding them, but it shouldn't take more than a few days for the first to pop up. There will probably be multiple sources for most of the shows, and the strongest will survive here. If you want the best sounding source I'd wait a while for people to compare them. Sometimes there are several very nice sounding sources and it's a subjective decision. I know most of this probably muddies the water rather than help explain my point, but if there is one, it is this: live music is so easy to get these days, and it is legal and even encouraged by many of the best musicians in the world. Furthurnet.com and etree.org are both excellent resources if you are interested.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dead at Bonnaroo [Re: pseudopod]
    #1642450 -

You can also goto www.starrcatt.com it is the website of Johnny Polanski the percussionist for Ekoostik Hookah, there is a whole community of people that trade like music and will be more than happy to send you in the right direction.

And if you like The Dead then you should check out Ekoostik Hookah, they played Bonnaroo this year. They hold a festival twice a year Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend called Hookahville in Ohio, they have excellent bands play both days and they headline the event. They own the property, Frontier Ranch, which makes for a real good time. Some of the bands that have played Hookahville over the past 10 years are: Ratdog, Bela Fleck, Galatic, Particle, Willie Nelson, Dickie Betts, Derek Trucks, Arlo Guthrie, Old and In the Grey, Nevile Brothers, Blue Oyster Cult, All Mighty Senators, John Bell of WSP, Umpfrey McGee, Robert Walters 20th Congress and many more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dead at Bonnaroo [Re: bucki]
    #1663638 -

nice...

thanks guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bonnaroo Caraven ! Prodijal_Son 628 2 01/29/03 01:35 PM
by Anonymous
* Grateful Dead fans...help me out. orizon 1,163 4 11/04/03 07:55 PM
by Demiurge
* The Dead's Show splifftoter 1,965 18 07/02/04 04:16 PM
by wandrnshaman
* The Dead? shakta 883 9 08/28/03 12:00 PM
by shakta
* Les Claypool Performance xnevermore 1,806 6 08/12/02 10:30 PM
by pleezr
* I'm not dead Murex 647 2 06/01/04 06:37 PM
by JacquesCousteau
* Grateful Dead yelimS 889 6 04/25/03 12:57 AM
by thestringphish
* Top 15 dead songs? theocean06 1,165 11 09/12/07 08:23 PM
by Phish_Dude

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,124 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.