Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
HEROIN
    #1663389 - 06/26/03 03:31 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've been feeling really depressed lately.  Five of my really really good friends have become totally heroin addicts over the last year.  It didn't bother me too much for a while but now they are all really bad.  THey started shooting up, lying to everybody all the time, three of them have gone to rehab now, one ODed. And the fact that they are going to rehab seems good, but most people i know who went to rehab for smack relapsed real quick.
Whats even worse is that I did it a few times a few months ago and then got real scared and vowed to stay away from H because i saw how fucked up all my friends were getting. I've managed to stay off H and oxycontin, and wont even touch vicodin anymore (alcohoics cant be social drinkers).  I realized that to stay off it i had to stop hanging out with them, and so i havent been hanging out with them much, but it sucks cause im seeing how fucked up they are all getting, and how i've pretty much lost my best friends to that stupid fucking drug.  Im real depressed and need some support  :frown: 

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: HEROIN [Re: Help on the Way]
    #1663561 - 06/26/03 04:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Damn, that sucks. Umm....this is going to sound really harsh, but make new friends. I know that it seems dick to just leave them, but if you can't hangout without doing the same drugs then its not healthy for you to be around them. I'm sorry man. I don't know what to say except I'm sorry. Good luck.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: HEROIN [Re: Skikid16]
    #1664252 - 06/26/03 01:09 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Have you had one of those real serious conversations telling them how you feel and whats going to happen if they dont stop?

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: HEROIN [Re: DailyPot]
    #1665078 - 06/26/03 06:24 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yup..had it with every one of them. They are either like "No its really not as bad as everyone says" or they are like "yea its terrible, im not realy going to do it anymore." and then they go do it later that day. And i kinda understand cause i used to be like that when i did Oxycontin...people can lecture you all day and you'll be like "yea yea" and turn around and do it again. Its just really depressing to see how bad my best friends are screwing up their lives. Finding out my good friend of 6 years just overdosed is hard to handle

--------------------

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1665276 - 06/26/03 07:34 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Its hard, I guess you really gotta stop being friends w/ the ones that dont listen and try to help the ones that do. If they dont stop you gotta stop being friends w/ them atleast for alittle while. Maybe after afew months apart they'll stop or be ready to stop, and then help'm out.

Maybe realizing that they're losing there friend because of it will make them stop, maybe not :frown:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1669697 - 06/28/03 05:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

PLEASE DON'T GET SUCKED DOWN WITH THEM!!! From my experience with people into this stuff, they'd love to drag you down with them.

I would try not to hang out with them too much now because they may start stealing from you and stop caring about you..

Man just hang out with us here or some other "cleaner" friends - sounds like you may want to change the influences you are surrounding yourself with. Unfortunately the only thing that's going to help these guys is themselves..

Anyway man - good luck and please keep us posted!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: HEROIN [Re: Strumpling]
    #1689218 - 07/06/03 01:50 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yeah i am trying not to get sucked down with them. I have pretty much stopped hanging out with them, even though they still call me every once in a while. I've only been opiate free for 3 and a half months. It feels like forever but its really not long at all...so i dont trust myself to be aroudn them. It sucks that life can make you watch all your friends fuck themselves up like that

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1689445 - 07/06/03 04:34 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

maybe one of them will see the halo over your head and be saved through your pioneering moves away from the stuff.... but maybe not, as well - sad but true..

Don't reach too far into that hole to try and save them

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (07/06/03 04:35 AM)

Offlineziggali
no stranger thanthe rest
Loc: rochester, uk
    #1690842 - 07/06/03 08:21 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

once a junkie, always a junkie. i met mike, a homeless 24 year old skaghead when i was 16, fell in love, left suburbia, moved into a filthy squat and was smoking it within 6 months. i'd promised myself never to try it, but i thought if i did it, maybe he'd realize how much it hurts to see someone you love do it. but i liked it. loved it. it's the best high, indescribable. but it's your life, and nothing else matters, only your next hit. i thought i could save mike, but i ended up nearly destroying myself. i lost all my decent friends and was left with a group of skagheads who wouldn't think twice about robbing me blind at any given oppurtunity. i hated it, and moved back in with my parents. but heroin is stronger than anyone, and i ended up going back into the city all the time to pick up, then hating myself and stopping again, doing it all again... in the end i left the country to get away from it because i knew i'd always return. even writing about it makes me want a smoke. i moved to england, having lived abroad my whole life (ironically the city i'm in now is informally known as 'brown-town' due to the percentage of skagheads living here...i didn't realize this at the time) i'm always going to be a junkie, even though it's been 2 years since i properly smoked. i refuse to visit my parents because last christmas i spent $300 fucking myself up at my old haunts. get away from it, i know leaving the country was a drastic move, but at least dump you're friends. it sounds horrible, but they arent who they used to be, and never will be again. junkies have no emotions, only the ones that heroin give them, and you don't need them.

--------------------
"computer games don't affect kids; i mean, if pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetative electronic music" - kristian wilson, 1989, nintendo inc.

Offlinephishytrip
Gillious Supreme
Male User Gallery

Loc: AZ, USA
    #1694567 - 07/07/03 11:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i know what your going through man....my roommate is a dope head....he just recently decided to get off it because of his griflriend and shit. i also told him one had to go, him or the dope and he understands...i will understand if he relapses, and i can definatly tell if he has. but it sucks to lose friends to this drug. like you ive tried it a few times but i actaully didnt find that feeling everyone else has. i never booted it but when i snorted it, it never did much for me. so i could really care less about the drug. but hang in there. theyll come around. tell them how you feel

--------------------
Remember: First you pillage, then you burn.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being