Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: Phychotron]
    #1448813 - 04/11/03 03:33 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Phychotron,

This is has been done.
I have been testing people with different strains of Cubensis for over a year now.

I use test subjects (people I know) to test strains out....I use 4 to 6 people.
They all pretty much give me the same trip report...all are given 3.5 dry grams of the strain I am testing at the time.
I listen to what they have to say they were feeling and experiencing....and compare it to what I felt...and never lead them on to what I was feeling.
They are told which mushroom they are taking...and they are not told what I think the trip will be like....or what the others thought the trip was like.

I tested 8 people with the smaller Cambodian strain.
One test subject had a very bad trip...and it was due to getting into a fight with his X wife several hours before tripping...he should have never tripped that night...if your in bad space...you just might have a really bad time.
The rest all had a great trip...and the same exact visuals and such.
Very colorful and visual and a little bit speedy feeling. :smile:

I had 5 people try the Allen strain.
They all had the exact same trip.
I won't share what they felt...find out for yourself.  :smirk:

I have 4 people trying out the Burma strain right now.
I'm waiting on hearing the test results from these people.
I can't try this strain out myself at this time...cause as some of you know I had a mild heart attack a few weeks ago and I won't be able to trip for quite awhile. :frown:
I always trip and compare my trips to my test subjects...not this time.
But my best friend has been tripping with me since 1974...and I trust his judgement totally. :smile:

Bluemeanie,

I have alot of respect for you too.
You have brought this up for along time...and we pretty much see eye to eye on the potency issues.
I also agree that what substrate is used...will increase or decrease the potency of the mushroom that you are growing.
And I also agree about people testing several strains out and seeing for themselves the differences between different strains of Cubensis.

I have always said grow out the Cambodian and the Gulf Coast and compare them to each other...there is a big difference between these 2 strains!!!!
You must wait at least a week to 2 weeks inbetween trips.
And take the same amount of mushrooms... 3.5 dry grams is a good number for testing.
Write down your findings on paper to compare the experiences.
If you had a bad trip....try them again in a few weeks and see if you have a better one...mind set does play a part in trippin....but not in potency and visuals...etc.

Then grow out the Puerto Rican and the Acadian Coast and compare those to each other.

Then grow out the South American and the Keepers Creeper and compare those to each other.

continue til you have tried all the strains several times.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: Roadkill]
    #1449002 - 04/11/03 07:09 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Exactly Roadkill. That is really cool that you have done extensive testing. I have done testing on GT's, PR's, Cambo's, B+, and Orissa. And I have found great differences in all of them. And I also gave some (of each strain) to other peopls with no info on the shroom other than its a cubensis. And the outcome was that in 90% of the cases each strain had the same charactoristics. Thus each strain has its own personallity.

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: fee]
    #1449795 - 04/11/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well, it's good to know that you've done this sort of testing. I have never had the supply to do much testing. Thier is however an instance that i remember where on new years, i was at my gf's house, i ate 4g, and this one chick ate 1.7g of pesa. i had a fuckin awesome trip, plenty of visuals, a nice clean trip. Meanwhile, back at my house, my brother and cousin had 4g, and my mom had 2g. they all reported not much visuals, but all had a good time laughing thier asses off. Now, all the mushrooms were from the same batch, and all our tollerances are simmilar. We had all gone about a month and a half since our last trip (except my mom).

I spent my time on the couch 'spacin out' while my gf/nieghbor got drunk. the other chick is legaly crazy, so i cant really trust what she says. her mind got to her on that trip. but someone threw on a tape of monty python and it was pretty funny.

my family spent the evning watching some 'the year in comedy' or something on tv. woulnt have been my choice, but they did it.

I belive that it was the TV that was helping prevent the visuals. I noticed that i dont usualy get many (if any) when i'm looking at a tv screen. Although i have got visuals looking at the computer moniter.

on a different note, the most visualy intence experince was at the 2002 gathering in michigan. I had 3.5g mix of TC and Pes Hawaiian. Let me tell ya, INTENCE VISUALS. the fern's had purple pulsating down them, and my girlfriend had what appeard to be lines and words painted on her face, such as "peace" and "love" and other stuff. Also, i kept seeing sign's (in my head) that would say crazy words. I said them outloud and my gf was like "what are you talking about" and i was like "i'm just reading the sign".

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

OfflineUnknown
Confused,dizzy,wheream I again?
Loc: MA
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: Phychotron]
    #1449908 - 04/11/03 01:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

the other chick is legaly crazy, so i cant really trust what she says. her mind got to her on that trip

Yeah,I don't think giving mentally unstable people hallucinogens is such a good idea,but then again I used to make ramps to jump over fires on my bike when I was a kid so what the fuck do I know?

--------------------
The above is just like,my opinion man

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: Anonymous]
    #1450168 - 04/11/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

3.5 grams (1/8th) of cambos obtained from The Spore Trading Post when he was still selling spores actually almost killed me.

They were grown on WBS/dung. My buddy lives in a town that is surrounded by dairy cattle ranches and has been culting for years. He only does WBS/dung now.

The highlights of the trip were being unable to drive after only 45 minutes due to intense visuals, puking my guts out after maybe 2.5 hours, wetting myself (dude, my buddy did too after he ran back to his apartment - it was almost orgasmic), and then laying on the floor, paralized while I imagined I could feel my heart slow down and eventually stop.

Well, I wasn't paralized but my body wasn't obeying me any longer. I would try to stand up but I'd yell out something instead. I'd try to sit up just enough to turn on the lights but my face would just twitch or I'd forget which way was up/down.

When my heart stopped (real or imagined, I really don't know) I passed out. I woke up maybe two hours later and was quite pleased I was alive. I was also capable of controlling my body again, and changed clothes. Not ten minutes after I cleaned up and started enjoying myself my buddy knocks on my door. The exact same thing happened to him, except he just passed out without feeling his heart stop.

I never imagined a fricken' 1/8th could devastate me like that.

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: BigJohnson]
    #1450209 - 04/11/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

nice trip. do you know the guy who runs the STP?

--------------------
buh

Edited by shirley knott (04/11/03 03:04 PM)

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1450968 - 04/11/03 08:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

the chick was all beggin me for em, they were for my gf, but she doesnt like to trip anymore. She used to trip alot about 4-5 years ago. Now she plans on having a bad trip... Just totaly expects it. Doesn't think like "yes, this is gonna be the jam" it's so gay cause i'd like to trip with her more often than just the one time at the gathering.

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1452225 - 04/12/03 11:16 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

nice trip. do you know the guy who runs the STP?

Nope, but he goes by "the keeper."

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Offlinecupid
Trust noone

Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: Uber]
    #1452397 - 04/12/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

2 words

Amnita Muscaria

--------------------
Final last words... What's this button do ?

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: cupid]
    #1459714 - 04/15/03 08:01 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

One of those two words is spelt incorrectly ;(
I think STP is that place that is an awesome rip-off if im correct.

--------------------

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1498918 - 04/27/03 08:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm totally convinced that different strains have distinctively different trips. My first trip was on an unknown strain and it was so emotional. I had the ability to turn on and off any emotion with complete control. I fell in love and had my heart broken hundreds of times over the course of 2 hours. My friends even witnessed it. I could be bawling like a baby and then turn it off within seconds. Everybody else had similar emotional rollercoasters of a trip, but less intense. Never had another experience like it; been trying to reproduce it ever since. Any ideas on strain?

I've also had a lot of a particular variety that grows on the southwest Florida Pastures around here. They're very much a mindfuck, but really pleasant and smooth. No real visuals, but the colors and atmosphere are brighter than others I've done.

Also done ecuadors a few times. Much like what other people have said. Intense mindfuck, but with some decent drunken visuals too. Not as smooth as the Floridans though; everyone seems to always get a little knotted up and confused at times with these. Still a great trip though

Then there are these ones that some friends keep bringing down from Tennesse. We call them the "death" mushrooms. For some reason everyone always has these experiences where they meet death on them.

So what are other people's opinions? There's all this talk about testing, so lets see some results posted! I'm really interested in what strains to try next. Has anyone had any experience with Tasmanians? I may come across some of them soon.

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: Demiurge]
    #1641090 - 06/17/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Tassies are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: BigJohnson]
    #1641191 - 06/17/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Uh, yeah, folks. Drinking and driving == bad. Shrooming and driving == Darwin Candidate in the Running.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: fee]
    #1646822 - 06/20/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yeah there is

PESA - mushrooms it does produce are just extremely potent

Koh Samui - Its potency is above average for a cubensis

Cambodia - John Allen said he found it to be very potent for a cubensis as well

Gulf Coast - Its not very potent

Penis Envy - this one is twice as strong as any cubensis

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1647591 - 06/20/03 07:47 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks, but like I said, I'm talking about the 'flavour' of the trip, not the potency...  :wink:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #1647788 - 06/20/03 10:07 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

For those that have done testing on PR's...care to share your findings on them? My first trip will be on these.

Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Loc: In The Hand Of The World
Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: MOTH]
    #1647973 - 06/20/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

your trip has alot to do with your mood set before you dose and your genaral health at the time.thou i do beleive some strains have better visual trip and body highs,even emotional ones.

try the malabars man there a good visual.

--------------------

Offlinerovert
Slow Down
Male User Gallery

Re: Do different strains = different trips? [Re: Roadkill]
    #10678101 - 07/14/09 09:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

now i know this is years late..but do you know which one ralphster has? the visual or mind fuck?if you even know.thanks a ton, i highly respect your adivce and knowledge

--------------------
Treasure Every Moment

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder