Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Iggy Pop on DMT
    #16346483 -

Anyone else worship Iggy Pop like me?  Anyway, I found a quote by him about having used DMT in the sixties.  It's interesting to know if you're a Stooges or Iggy Pop fan. 



Quote:
"In the '60s, I took DMT. DMT was a gaseous wax that you could smoke that gave you a 20-minute psychedelic high. You'd inhale it. And then when you'd exhale—poof, you'd be high. I saw Buddha, man. I know that sounds like no big deal. But I saw a gigantic holographic Buddha—correct in every way! Buddhas can be very intricate—these drawings that you see in books. Thousands of details were included in this Buddha. Where did they come from? I didn't make them up. I can't even draw, you know. I could barely spell cat, you know. And there it was. And I thought, Wow—the power of the mind, you know."—Iggy Pop














--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #16346502 -

:awesome:

Iggy is the shiet and this just confirms that even more.



The Passenger - Live


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #16346601 -

Got any  favorite tracks Learyfan? I want to get more into Iggy but I do not know much about his music.


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #16346772 -

Hell yea Iggy rocks :thumbup:...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #16347202 -

aNeway2sayHooray said:
Got any  favorite tracks Learyfan? I want to get more into Iggy but I do not know much about his music.



Yeah, by far his best music is from his time in The Stooges (who started off as The Psychedelic Stooges in 1967, BTW).  All three Stooges albums are completely different.  The self titled LP from 1969 is more spaced out/psychedelic.  The second album, Funhouse, had more of a live and aggressive sound.  The third album was Raw Power, which pretty much sums it up.  I'll give you two tracks from each of those albums, which is hard, because I LOVE all three albums.




"I Wanna Be Your Dog" from the first album






"No Fun" from the first album






"1970" from Funhouse






"Loose" from Funhouse






"Search And Destroy" from Raw Power






"Shake Appeal" from Raw Power




















--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #16347217 -

:aweoverdose:


Thanks man!  I am checking the self titled album out first.


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #16347282 -

No problem.  I'd like to hear which you like the best.  But hey, here are a couple of unreleased tracks that were later included in the I'm Sick Of You bootleg album.  These songs are so incredible.  I think they were recorded during the Raw Power sessions.  I have no idea why they didn't make the album.  Check it out......





"Sick Of You"






"I Got A Right"



















--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #16347419 -

Well I have listened to most of both the self titled and Raw Power. I think I like the self titled album most but Raw Power is really good.

I liked the guitar stuff on Funhouse but Raw Power seems better as an album.


Still feeling these out though.

:discorex:


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #16348027 -

Yeah the first and RP are my favorites as well.  Which is my favorite depends on which day it is.  Most Stooges fans seem to like Funhouse the best though.  I've never understood that.  It's great, but not better than the other two.  FYI, Iggy claimed to have been tripping during the entire recording of Funhouse.  He was taking a lot of LSD around that time.  By the time Raw Power came around, he was a full fledged junkie. 
















--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: Learyfan]
    #16348049 -

Learyfan said:
"Search And Destroy" from Raw Power







Always digged that song, had trouble getting into the rest of his music.

Iggy Pop, the guy who the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers tries to be. :lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: Everlong]
    #16348175 -

Everlong said:
Learyfan said:
"Search And Destroy" from Raw Power







Always digged that song, had trouble getting into the rest of his music.

Iggy Pop, the guy who the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers tries to be. :lol:



Iggy was the best.  Kiedis?  Not even a pale imitation.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: Everlong]
    #16348184 -

Nah, but he's very influenced by him. 


RHCP - "Search And Destroy"






RHCP - "Coffee Shop" (Meet me at the coffee shop.  We can dance like Iggy Pop.)


















--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: Learyfan]
    #16348240 -

Don't get me wrong I like me some RHCP





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: Learyfan]
    #16348318 -

How much fricken DMT is that??? :eek:

Learyfan said:





--------------------
Useful bulk substrate calculator

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: Learyfan]
    #16348330 -

Ha thats funny you posted RHCP's cover of search and destroy. I listened to that earlier right after I made my first post in this thread. Good cover :thumbup:

I was lucky enough to see Iggy Pop solo live when I was a youngun' but I do not remember the music at all. All I remember from that show was how he acted on stage. :lol:


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #16348811 -

Really liking these two tracks from the self titled.

Little Doll



We Will Fall


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #16355282 -

Haha, you like "We Will Fall"?  I like it too, but I have to be in a really chilled out mood to enjoy it.  If I'm driving in my car, I skip right past it.  What's funny is that it has to be the all time least favorite Stooges song, but it became the title of the Iggy Pop tribute album they put out in 1998. 

But yeah, "Little Doll" is awesome.  "1969" and "Real Cool Time" are two others that I really like. 
















--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Iggy Pop on DMT [Re: Learyfan] * 2
    #16357633 -

I can see how stooge's fans wouldn't like "we will fall". I was on some dissociative thangs when I heard it the other night and it was just about perfect.

:crazy2:


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Alan Watts - "This Is IT!" (album) LearyfanS 2,768 13 04/05/05 12:15 PM
by Learyfan
* Learyfan - The exclusive interview
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 6,929 24 08/02/15 05:08 AM
by vinsue
* Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out album by Dr. Timothy Leary HidingInPlainSight 845 2 04/22/04 10:30 PM
by HidingInPlainSight
* Alan Watts: "OM: The Sound of Hinduism" album [mp3]
( 1 2 3 all )
Vvellum 7,248 58 04/29/05 06:20 PM
by Vvellum
* Greatest Songs Not on an Album
( 1 2 3 all )
sox24 4,166 40 07/19/06 07:15 PM
by UncleLuke
* The Zombies - "Odessey And Oracle" (album) LearyfanS 394 0 08/07/04 07:13 AM
by Learyfan
* Abbie Hoffman album (mp3s)
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,661 22 09/27/04 08:57 PM
by Learyfan
* Gerald Heard - "Explorations Vol. 2...." (full album) LearyfanS 508 0 11/02/04 11:37 PM
by

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,734 topic views. 5 members, 37 guests and 205 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.