Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Any video game nerds out there? E3 2012 is happening now [Re: Everlong]
    #16333255 -

Everlong said:
Well I'm glad Bethesda is there to rip off both half life and bioshock and throw them into one game... Seems like a bad ass game.

too bad it will probably be riddled with the most retarded bugs and glitches in the world. :lol:

The concept gave me a boner tho.

EDIT: Nevermind I see it's actually being developed by a different company, Bethesda is just publishing. :awesome:



Yup. The 2 lead designers are the guys that made Deus Ex and Thief: Deadly Shadows and the the 2nd did a lot of work on Halflife 2 and Dark Messiah.

I actually just noticed a moment ago that they released a gameplay trailer. Looks to be pretty good.


--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any video game nerds out there? E3 2012 is happening now [Re: Everlong]
    #16333285 -

Arma 3 :awehigh:


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any video game nerds out there? E3 2012 is happening now [Re: trekie]
    #16333349 -

Dishonored looks good
Time manipulation, hand to hand combat, swordplay, running around cool architecture, crashing thru stuff, doom & gloom.
Sounds like my kind of title totally rad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any video game nerds out there? E3 2012 is happening now [Re: Dest]
    #16336428 -

Fucking A! They've done a fantasic job with Assassins Creed 3. I was kinda skeptical about it being much different from Brotherhood (the last one I played...never did see Revelations as different enough to be worth moniez) but jesus...





I do believe this may be one of my rare day-1 buys


--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any video game nerds out there? E3 2012 is happening now [Re: Cj-B]
    #16336488 -

Assassins Creed is such a good series. I bought revelations, but only played it for about an hour my frustration with it is it walks you through all the same concepts from II and brotherhood again. Buying property, armor & weapons and upgrading everything. I wish there was an option where you could skip all the tutorial stuff if you're familiar with the series.

Maybe I'll just read the wikipedia page for revelations and youtube all the cut scenes.

And yeah Hitman looks great too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any video game nerds out there? E3 2012 is happening now [Re: jamminshaman]
    #16336662 -

the first assassins creed was amazing. the idea, the feel.

then they decided to make like 3 more of the same fuckin game, and i am completely sick of the game now, and the feel, and don't understand why people buy the shit anymore. story sucks. keeps the motivation near the floor


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any video game nerds out there? E3 2012 is happening now [Re: itchmynipple]
    #16336696 -

ZombiU looks awesome

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any video game nerds out there? E3 2012 is happening now [Re: GEncore]
    #16336782 -

Those Assasin's Creed graphics look mighty fine. At first I wasn't keen on the third installment but it honestly looks awesome. :omgawesome:


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any video game nerds out there? E3 2012 is happening now [Re: itchmynipple]
    #16336854 -

itchmynipple said:
the first assassins creed was amazing. the idea, the feel.

then they decided to make like 3 more of the same fuckin game, and i am completely sick of the game now, and the feel, and don't understand why people buy the shit anymore. story sucks. keeps the motivation near the floor



This.


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any video game nerds out there? E3 2012 is happening now [Re: The_Ghost]
    #16338168 -

The_Ghost said:
itchmynipple said:
the first assassins creed was amazing. the idea, the feel.

then they decided to make like 3 more of the same fuckin game, and i am completely sick of the game now, and the feel, and don't understand why people buy the shit anymore. story sucks. keeps the motivation near the floor



This.



I was honestly leery of AC3 because I played AC1 and loved it, AC2 and Brotherhood and thought they were 6-7s at best (I liked the environments but hated the characters), and saw the gameplay and such for Revelations and was utterly repulsed by how little change there was to it...but AC3 looks like they actually took the time to improve greatly on the formula by streamlining everything, adding thangs, and (from what I can tell by whats been released so far) returning the plot more towards the roots of the series. Not to mention the fact that the new protagonist seems more like Altair then Ezio (I can't even describe just how many points he won because of this. I hated Ezio's entire character). It also looks like its story is going to be driven more by ideals rather then revenge (and then becoming just pointless slaughter during brotherhood and revelations since he already killed all the relevant people during AC2...)

Now I'm actually pretty excited for it. I just really hope its more of a personal journey type of story ala AC1 instead of introducing boatloads of entirely pointless characters like AC2 and the following games did...seriously did anyone here thats played AC2, AC:B, or AC:R like ANY of the other assassin characters? The only character I can think of that they gave you that even remotely fit the bill of what an assassin should be was that thief guy with the alias. Fox or Wolf or whatever it was.


--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* "White Rabbit" used in video game commercial
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 9,932 27 11/02/02 10:15 AM
by Papaver
* playing old video games
( 1 2 all )
question_for_joo 2,525 20 07/18/04 05:07 AM
by MorbidHamster
* franklins tower video game notapillow 1,393 11 10/22/03 09:12 PM
by notapillow
* bad ass video game system JiggleThaHandle 524 0 07/13/04 02:32 PM
by JiggleThaHandle
* Trippy SNES or Sega games??? nanananotehead 3,972 4 06/01/04 10:34 PM
by TheShroomHermit
* Open chess game! Winning Prize!
( 1 2 all )
Mycomancer 3,614 39 08/04/04 11:15 PM
by Mycomancer
* E3 a thing of the past? Konnrade 528 4 08/01/06 02:57 AM
by MOTH
* e3 2011 about to begin
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
PreparationH 5,452 182 06/17/11 08:14 PM
by Konyap

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,377 topic views. 5 members, 273 guests and 160 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.