Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: I love Jesus [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #16107132 -

Ahhh, a fellow secular Jesus freak! It's good to know I'm not alone. :highfive:

Calling the Bible a "lie" is silly, it only becomes a lie in the eye of the beholder. Calling it a "fiction novel" is also silly when it's a huge compilation of different kinds of narrative and poetry from a wide variety of sources.

It's the essential canon of our values and beliefs, whether you call yourself a "Christian" or not. IMO many agnostics and atheists are fabulous Christians because they practice tolerance, charity, and the golden rule to the point of self-sacrifice. These values were inculcated by Christianity over 1000+ years, they didn't just spontaneously materialize from good intentions. They're not shared by non-Christian cultures.

By the same token, I don't have much appreciation for atheists and agnostics who read the Bible the same way as Evangelicals. They are actually exactly the same as the people they berate: fundamentalists. There's nothing richer than having an atheist tell you your interpretation of the Bible is wrong. :picard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jesus [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16107163 -

Anonymous #1 said:
Ahhh, a fellow secular Jesus freak! It's good to know I'm not alone. :highfive:

Calling the Bible a "lie" is silly, it only becomes a lie in the eye of the beholder. Calling it a "fiction novel" is also silly when it's a huge compilation of different kinds of narrative and poetry from a wide variety of sources.

It's the essential canon of our values and beliefs, whether you call yourself a "Christian" or not. IMO many agnostics and atheists are fabulous Christians because they practice tolerance, charity, and the golden rule to the point of self-sacrifice. These values were inculcated by Christianity over 1000+ years, they didn't just spontaneously materialize from good intentions. They're not shared by non-Christian cultures.

By the same token, I don't have much appreciation for atheists and agnostics who read the Bible the same way as Evangelicals. They are actually exactly the same as the people they berate: fundamentalists. There's nothing richer than having an atheist tell you your interpretation of the Bible is wrong. :picard:



In my opinion many Christians make great satanists and many satanists make great Christians. Those "practices" have been around a lot longer then Christianity and i am stunned in shock of your ignorance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jesus [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #16107181 -

Anonymous #2 said:
In my opinion many Christians make great satanists and many satanists make great Christians. Those "practices" have been around a lot longer then Christianity and i am stunned in shock of your ignorance.



I didn't mention any "practices," I mentioned ethics that are (or aren't) practiced.

Confucian ethics are alien to people raised in the West because they have little in common with the more familiar Christian ethics. And look at what Confucian ethics have done for China. This is the kind of contrast that makes me appreciate my Christian legacy. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jesus [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16108556 -

You do know Jesus was a jew? Many Jesus lovers do not even know this fact, and find it quite shocking when they find out, maybe this will change your outlook going forward.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jesus [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #16109243 -

Anonymous #9 said:
You do know Jesus was a jew? Many Jesus lovers do not even know this fact, and find it quite shocking when they find out, maybe this will change your outlook going forward.



:picard:

#7, is Jesus a fnord now or what?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jesus [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16109945 -

Anonymous #1 said:
Anonymous #9 said:
You do know Jesus was a jew? Many Jesus lovers do not even know this fact, and find it quite shocking when they find out, maybe this will change your outlook going forward.



:picard:

#7, is Jesus a fnord now or what?



I lol'd xxx

...damn, hes a Jew, that changes everything! :eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jesus [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16110219 -

Jesus was a magician-type scam artist who died the way he should have.  His bullshit spread because people are dumb.  We're monkeys with big brains, when we die we're worm food, and the circle of life begins again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jesus [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16110223 -

If you don't believe me, I'll throw a giant turd at your face, fight you until you pass out, and jizz in your face.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jesus [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #16110445 -

Is that a real turd you speak of or a symbolic one? :satansmoking:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jesus [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #16110634 -

It's an aphorism, bitch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I love Jesus [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #16110933 -

Anonymous #10 said:
It's an aphorism, bitch.



That's not an aphorism, and don't call people bitches in my thread, you uncouth monkey! :crankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I'm finding it harder to connect with people than in the past Anonymous 636 2 03/04/18 01:59 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
739 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.073 seconds spending 0.056 seconds on 17 queries.