Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen
    #16047443 -

Jam that shit on the way to the vegan store!

Has anyone else heard it yet?


--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/


:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: newgui]
    #16047464 -

Wow, didn't know it was out yet.  Let us know how it sounds :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: MorphinTime]
    #16047497 -

Yeah! Also let us know what you got at the vegan store.


--------------------
I have pneumonia :pm:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: MorphinTime]
    #16047499 -

I think it's all :soundsgoodman: .

In Absentia.


--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: newgui]
    #16047513 -

I think it's pretty mediocre. The Whip Hand is awesome though.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: jewunit]
    #16047546 -

I love how these guys are constantly pushing the bar, I think it's great they are going in new directions. To me, this is what a true Progressive Rock band is.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: JayRod86]
    #16047706 -

I don't like any of the Mars Volta albums after amputechture. bedlam has a few good tracks but octohedron was unlistenable imo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: morrowasted]
    #16048029 -

lol mars volta AND the vegan store. Why not go get some dreads and acid while you're at it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: underfliptown]
    #16048144 -

underfliptown said:
lol mars volta AND the vegan store. Why not go get some dreads and acid while you're at it.



Okay! :super:

I heard half of the first song which worried me, then I got high. Listening to it now, and I'm amused! De-Loused will always be my favorite, but this is pretty cool. Its super duper synthy, I think its a nice touch.

I think they have a new drummer too, who's a sick fuck.


--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/


:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: newgui]
    #16048150 -

Oh, and I got non-gelatin "0" gel caps :wink:


--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/


:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: newgui]
    #16048158 -

Is the new drummer as good? I remember that old drummer was fucking intense, it would be hard to top that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: underfliptown]
    #16048164 -

Yeah he was fucking crazy too. Nah this guy has really tasty style :thumbup:


--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/


:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: newgui]
    #16048172 -

Should post a good song from it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: underfliptown]
    #16048269 -



--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/


:vegan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: newgui]
    #16048358 -

The new drummer is Deantoni Parks, he's been on a few ORLG albums. He's pretty fucking good live, but he gets a lot of knocks about some of his studio work (this album included).


The rhythm changes at 2:45 are so sick.

As good as the drummers have been, I don't think any sounded as good as Jon Theodore with them though. His shit was on point on De-Loused, soooooooooooooo good.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: jewunit]
    #16048567 -

De-loused, Francis and Amputechture is all the Volta you need.
That said, I will definitely give this album a few listens.


--------------------
[]
Space is the place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: Devlish2]
    #16048748 -

Quote:
Devlish2 said:I will definitely give this album a few listens.



this...but i'm kind of expecting to be disappointed.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: jewunit]
    #16049005 -

jewunit said:
The new drummer is Deantoni Parks, he's been on a few ORLG albums. He's pretty fucking good live, but he gets a lot of knocks about some of his studio work (this album included).


The rhythm changes at 2:45 are so sick.

As good as the drummers have been, I don't think any sounded as good as Jon Theodore with them though. His shit was on point on De-Loused, soooooooooooooo good.



Pretty much. Drumming on Frances the Mute is really incredible.

I really like Pridgens drumming on Bedlam as well though.

I'm scared to listen to this album but I'll have to do it soon.


--------------------


۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: propensity]
    #16055074 -

Thomas
pridgen is a beast



--------------------

Edited by JayRod86 (04/06/12 11:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About to give the new Mars Volta album a listen [Re: newgui]
    #16061361 -

I dl'd and listened to the album today, i'm on my second listen right now....wow, I'm amazed, I love this album.  The Mars Volta fucking rule.  I feel like they have totally turned a corner.  Some of those guitar sounds literally rattle my teeth when i blast em with my speakers.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Frances the Mute (Mars Volta) bf6 1,003 12 03/02/05 05:59 PM
by Kada
* Dad hates Mars Volta
( 1 2 all )
freddurgan 1,552 20 07/29/05 10:20 PM
by abhi
* The Mars Volta
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 2,136 26 07/25/05 01:13 PM
by myndreach
* Woooooooo Mars Volta! Anonymous 983 12 06/08/05 06:52 AM
by baraka
* are the mars volta any good? iI WENT TO SEE THEM BY COMPLETE RANDOMNESS :)
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 1,782 34 06/03/05 09:13 PM
by mecreateme
* Mars Volta live! ToolTroll 550 8 02/20/06 05:33 PM
by nakors_junk_bag
* is anyone going to the mars volta santa cruz show? DOUCHEBALL 795 9 10/06/04 07:45 PM
by unbeliever
* New Mars Volta Live Album baraka 385 2 10/26/05 02:30 PM
by SoloGamer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,356 topic views. 4 members, 14 guests and 188 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.014 seconds on 20 queries.