Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar?
    #15893736 -

I have about 120$ to spend.

At Zumiez I can build my own board ( Girl ) for about 115$

Also, at the local guitar shop there is a black acoustic guitar for 118$

I have a mac so I have Garage band, and there is a bunch of lessons I can download for beginner.

So I'm stuck on what to buy. I've always wanted to get into skating more, but I've also wanted to get into guitar more.

I'm weighing the fact that I'm going to have a baby in July, and I won't be able to skate as much. But at least when the baby is napping I can go in my room, and play guitar.

Hmmm...

What do you guys think?


--------------------
IT'S A FISHY!!!!! ----> :fishy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: Bundy]
    #15893750 -

Unless it's a longboard, skating is super fucking hard to get into and takes hours and hours of practice to get any good.


--------------------

HAIL SATAN

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: volcomstoner]
    #15893756 -

volcomstoner said:
Unless it's a longboard, skating is super fucking hard to get into and takes hours and hours of practice to get any good.



Couldn't the same be said about guitars? I hear you can learn some simple songs with a few chords, but after that it's hard as fuck to master.

Also, I used to skate back when I was in high school, and middle school. Spent many hours at the local skate park.

I got a great place to skate now. Flat land with a few speed bumps, and a rail. It's a great place to "start" out.

I'm torn.


--------------------
IT'S A FISHY!!!!! ----> :fishy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: Bundy]
    #15893767 -

unless you are a diehard skater i would suggest the guitar. like you said you are having a child soon so it will be a lot harder to find time to skate, the guitar can be played anytime and anywhere.

plus think about it this way, if you are trying to learn a new song on guitar and fuck up oh well it sounds like shit, practice more and try again later. if you are trying to learn a new skateboard and fuck up you just broke your ankle, then you cant work and your poor newborn goes starving. guitar is more fun anyway :wink:


--------------------
All I ever wanted was to be free,

and in the end that's how it turned out to be...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: Revolutionine]
    #15893776 -

Revolutionine said:


plus think about it this way, if you are trying to learn a new song on guitar and fuck up oh well it sounds like shit, practice more and try again later. if you are trying to learn a new skateboard and fuck up you just broke your ankle, then you cant work and your poor newborn goes starving. guitar is more fun anyway :wink:



I love the dramatic effect you put in at the end there.

I think if I broke my ankle my newborn wouldn't starve. My fiancé is breastfeeding. :wink:

Plus, I've broken a few bones and it never stopped me. I broke my arm, neck, hand, middle finger, pinky finger. None of those stopped me from doing what I wanted to do. Limited yes, but never stopped.

I'm strongly thinking guitar though. But I'll have to settle for something shitty like Stagg, cause I won't have the money for the washburn that I desperately want. :frown:


--------------------
IT'S A FISHY!!!!! ----> :fishy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: Bundy]
    #15893787 -

Don't just buy a shitty guitar without trying it, if it's too hard to play it's not much encouragement.

Hold down the strings on all the shitty guitars and find the one that feels the best.

Look up an E chord ad fool around with that in the shop.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: volcomstoner]
    #15893792 -

volcomstoner said:
Unless it's a longboard, skating is super fucking hard to get into and takes hours and hours of practice to get any good.



Longboarding is difficult to do, too. Especially if you aspire to do more than just cruise around listening to music no one has heard of. Try kick flipping or doing a slide shuv it. :wink:

Go for the skateboard. I am biased strongly, though.

Also, guitars take hours of practice too. Whatever you enjoy more, OP. There are also cheaper decks and supplies elsewhere.

Check out Creature, Enjoi, and Earthwing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: TTT]
    #15893810 -

TTT said:
volcomstoner said:
Unless it's a longboard, skating is super fucking hard to get into and takes hours and hours of practice to get any good.



Longboarding is difficult to do, too. Especially if you aspire to do more than just cruise around listening to music no one has heard of. Try kick flipping or doing a slide shuv it. :wink:

Go for the skateboard. I am biased strongly, though.

Also, guitars take hours of practice too. Whatever you enjoy more, OP. There are also cheaper decks and supplies elsewhere.

Check out Creature, Enjoi, and Earthwing.




The deck I want is only 50$ It's a Girl, Hello kitty deck.

why then does it cost 115? You get to pick any set of trucks, tires, risers, barrings, grip tape, and they build it for you right in the shop.

I want my Hello Kitty Girl board, with Pink trucks, and wheels. :laugh:

The board was going to be an "In honor of" board. For my unborn baby.

We found out she's a girl. Her name will be Zoey Elizabeth. We have her room all Hello Kitty decked out. It's quite cute. I also put in Hello Kitty plugs in my ears.

I'm already wrapped around her finger and she isn't even here yet. :P


--------------------
IT'S A FISHY!!!!! ----> :fishy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: Bundy]
    #15893819 -

since i skate, i would advise you to go with the board:cool:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? *DELETED* [Re: TTT]
    #15893820 -

Post deleted by brokentv

Reason for deletion: .


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: brokentv]
    #15893864 -

Buy a blank deck from a skateshop (not zumiez, thoroughly overpriced) for 20 to 30 bucks and then make/buy a hello-kitty stencil and make your own badass design. save a ton of money.


--------------------
ந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ர

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: floatingwater]
    #15893872 -

Guitar - You'll probably stick with it (if you enjoy it) until you die.

Skating? You'll probably stick with it until you eat shit a few good times. Both are preferable to pick up when you're young but skateboarding especially.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: floatingwater]
    #15893914 -

floatingwater said:
Buy a blank deck from a skateshop (not zumiez, thoroughly overpriced) for 20 to 30 bucks and then make/buy a hello-kitty stencil and make your own badass design. save a ton of money.



This is what I meant bro.

I know about Zumiez and what they offer. I also would not buy trucks by color. Independent trucks are good, I recommend those. I can assemble a board quite easily, I don't need a company to charge me more for something so basic.

What makes skateboarding so satisfying is landing shit AFTER eating shit all those times. You become a ninja. It is all core and leg exercise and it is extremely satisfying to feel your body get stronger, your hand eye coordination improve, and to feel your balance improve. It's helped me get better at things like dancing, poi, and climbing shit/jumping off of things. It also strengthened my legs more than horse sports ever did so when I ride horses now, my legs are BEAST. My legs don't move one bit so my foundation is better.

idk, I love skateboarding. It's fucking boss to see stairs and know of several to get down them and none include walking.

Go to a local skate shop and support their business bro.

Bearrings: Bones or Shake Junts
Trucks: Indy
Deck: Whichever is shaped for what you aspire to do.
Wheels I can't help with since I don't ride shortboards enough to have had experience with a wide variety.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: TTT]
    #15893951 -

I'd say guitar. you'd be amazed at how much shit you can pull off with just a few chords if you mess around with them. and there are also much safer methods of improving your balance, strength and coordination. but if you're an adrenaline junkie you're not gonna get your fix on guitar.


--------------------
:awetrippie:
I'm so excited
about psilocybin
and i know i know i know i know i know   
I want shrooms!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: mclark5215]
    #15893961 -

Pfffttt! I bet those other ways don't result in the awesome possibilities skating does. I bet those other ways you...you can't stall on stuff, or or, manual all the places...or ollie over obstacles or throw a tre flip over stairs just because you can. I skateboard because I can't skimboard or snowboard (location). Skating has more benefits than those two, I think. Urban ninja ftw

It's awesome ok. You're just jelly.






I'm kidding.


SKATEBOARD!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: Bundy]
    #15894028 -

guitar. definitely, plus you can paint it out however you like...


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: mclark5215]
    #15894033 -

mclark5215 said:
I'd say guitar. you'd be amazed at how much shit you can pull off with just a few chords if you mess around with them. and there are also much safer methods of improving your balance, strength and coordination. but if you're an adrenaline junkie you're not gonna get your fix on guitar.



you might if it's electric with a tube amp. skateboarding is for posers who eventually break their skull, have an arm dislocated, and then give up go to college and get a job as a lawyer :shrug:





IDK if not then get the skateboard. You buying this at a  pawn shop? I'm not really into skateboarding, I'd buy the skate board just to paint it if I were better at painting


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: imachavel] * 1
    #15894142 -

Will you still be skateboarding on the age of 40? No. The kids at the local skate park will ridicule you. The guitar is an instrument that will take a lifetime to master, but is very rewarding and a great addition to your lifestyle. You'll still be rocking that guitar when you're an oldtimer. This doesn't seem like a difficult decision to me.


--------------------
Love is all and love is everyone
It is knowing, it is knowing

John Lennon

Edited by TheRook (03/03/12 10:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: brokentv]
    #15894259 -

I used to have a Eric Koston Girl bored.
Lasted a long time.



brokentv said:
for me skateboarding leaves me feeling more satisfied at the end of the day




This.


--------------------
[quote]sVs said:
Adorable overload is imminent.[/quote]

[quote]YSHServant  said:
You are on my turf when you are in the pub.[/quote]

[quote]ButteredToast said:
Shroomery 2012- Thread goes from discussing a possibly deceased member to posting nudes of her.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Skateboard or Acoustic Guitar? [Re: TheRook] * 1
    #15894326 -

TheRook said:
Will you still be skateboarding on the age of 40? No. The kids at the local skate park will ridicule you. The guitar is an instrument that will take a lifetime to master, but is very rewarding and a great addition to your lifestyle. You'll still be rocking that guitar when you're an oldtimer. This doesn't seem like a difficult decision to me.



lulwut. Dude that is such bullshit. There are plenty of older men that skate. If social pressure is why you wouldn't continue to skate...your life must suck man! Who gives a fuck about what other people think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Good acoustic guitars? Cepheus 740 9 09/28/08 01:37 PM
by BoneMan
* Acoustic Guitars? Syle 1,280 15 06/13/07 01:08 PM
by RandalFlagg
* Acoustic Guitar turned Electric? Sprezzatura 766 7 05/16/10 10:56 PM
by Epilson Lyrae
* anyone selling an acoustic guitar? CorrosiveLiquid 294 1 02/15/10 08:08 PM
by Belac
* good songs to play on acoustic guitar
( 1 2 all )
crackawebsta 3,291 28 02/13/10 11:20 PM
by ThaiTea
* I wanna learn a new song on acoustic guitar
( 1 2 all )
blewmeanie 1,811 27 10/06/08 08:54 PM
by WhiskeyClone
* anyone know any good acoustic guitar songs to learn? LloydChristmas 1,337 14 05/11/06 01:04 PM
by nunciate
* i need a good cheap acoustic guitar Dobie 681 6 11/16/03 11:29 PM
by Dobie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,210 topic views. 2 members, 15 guests and 123 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.