Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
Bonnaroo NE?
    #1572924 - 05/23/03 06:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Okay so I never went to a festival like this before. I really wanna go - my friend Diana and I are both dying to go but I got a question - how FAST do tickets like these sell out? I mean - should I ge them NOW or is it safe to wait until I come home in July? I'm not sure what to do. And is anyone here going? I'd love to party with some fine shroomerites.

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Bonnaroo NE? [Re: Delyrium]
    #1573139 - 05/23/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It's funny that you mentioned that, I REALLY wanna go to. I actually have no idea how fast it sells out. But I assume that it own't for awhile.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Bonnaroo NE? [Re: gdman]
    #1573169 - 05/23/03 07:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Bonnaroo sells out in a week.

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Re: Bonnaroo NE? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1573196 - 05/23/03 08:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

o snap really? well i see my friend tomorrow so i'll force her to say yes then - otherwise i got an extra ticket :smile:

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1573207 - 05/23/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Why do you have to force her?

Is she the type who doesnt understand this stuff?

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

#1574816 - 05/24/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

WOOHOO okay I didn't have to force her - she definately wants to go - yesssss. I'm so excited - I'm gonna buy them now. YIPPIIEEE

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

#1574896 - 05/24/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

gdman - you should come!! we could have a shroomerite gathering at the same time :smile: lots of fun!!!!

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

#1575210 - 05/24/03 08:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

oh come now!!! here has to be more people going to this!!!!

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1575220 - 05/24/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I totally want to go. Its really far away though.

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

#1575279 - 05/24/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ahhhh come PLEASE!!!! you really totally should go!! it'll be amazing. hop on a greyhound - or make a good road trip out of it. after bonnaroo you can go to Fire Island - it's real fuckin fun there.

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1575354 - 05/24/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

What day is it on?

Anonymous

#1577759 - 05/26/03 02:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm going, but for some reason some of my friends would rather drop $140 on Metallica, Limp, Linkin Park, and Deftones tickets. I'm in the process of finding others to go. Who's been to Bonnaroo before?

OfflineChubbyCubbies
ta -daaaaahhhhhh

Loc: A world of Pure imaginati...
Re: Bonnaroo NE? [Re: Adden]
    #1577957 - 05/26/03 08:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I havnt been but I know all about it. Last year it was really packed. So much so tat you would have to head to the stage of the greoup you were HOPING to see about an hour, hour and a half before they were to even set up to get a decent view. Its set up on an old farm with a lotta land parking and sleeping areas are set up in little bungaloo-clan type areas. I know last year the people of the town didnt know what they were getting into and kinda were like blown away by all the granola dread hippie kids dancin in the middle of their streets at 4 in the morning (its a little farm town).

And not to shit on anyones parade, but I thought tickets were already sold out for 2003, Could definately be wrong though.

--------------------
who shit in your cornflakes?

Anonymous

Re: Bonnaroo NE? [Re: ChubbyCubbies]
    #1578255 - 05/26/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The website said they're still on sale, but the tickets that were $25 less are gone, gotta get taxed now.

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Bonnaroo NE? [Re: Adden]
    #1578557 - 05/26/03 01:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah only the NE tickets are on sale.

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

#1578779 - 05/26/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ya i just bought them 2 nights ago - tickets are still on sale for NE. :smile: wheee!! well s2dope - you can camp out with my friend Diana and I. we are fun gals!!!

yes i was at the hamptons yesturday for some MTV beach house taping (dreadful) and met a girl from Riverhead and asked if she knew about Bonnaroo and she had no clue so i was like "watch out for the hippies..." . I'm so excited. 

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

#1578782 - 05/26/03 03:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it's august 8-10th - a fri, sat and sun

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Hold UP! [Re: Delyrium]
    #1581503 - 05/27/03 12:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Woodstock, LI
Two huge rock festivals are slated for Calverton but plans and permits are up in the air.
May 26, 2003

For the political leaders of Riverhead, a municipality stuck with an unfortunate image as The Little Town That Couldn't, it was impossible to resist the opportunity to host two giant rock festivals in June and August. So they didn't resist. Now all Long Island should hope that these outdoor music events turn out to be a cultural and economic development dream come true, and not merely a traffic nightmare, or worse, a disappearing mirage.

There's little question about the appeal of the acts. Field Day Music Festival, with music on June 7 and 8, features favorites such as Radiohead and the Beastie Boys. Bonnaroo NE 2003, with performances Aug. 8 to 10, will include The Dead, Bob Dylan and many others. Together, they could draw over 100,000.

The good news is that the crowds may increase the town's visibility and perhaps direct attention to its property at the former Grumman facility at Calverton, the site of the festivals. The town has sold the nearly 500-acre core, which leaves 2,400 acres to be sold. If the festivals provide exposure that later leads to advantageous sales of the remaining acreage, that alone would make them worthwhile.

The bad news is that large crowds of fans, on top of normally heavy traffic, could create monumental gridlock. Both promoters have hired experienced consultants to ease the crush. Also, both festivals will allow campers to start arriving the day before the music starts, which should spread out the flow of cars. Still, the traffic is likely to be difficult at best.

The greatest problem is this: With the first concert less than two weeks away, the town has yet to receive the necessary permit from Suffolk County. That won't happen without an intermunicipal agreement, allowing Suffolk police to supplement the town's tiny force. The promoters will pay the bill for this policing, but they can't cut the check until the two governments reach agreement. That requires action by the town board and the county legislature, but the legislature is not scheduled to meet again until after the June event. Riverhead signed the contract for the June event on Feb. 20. So it should have moved the permit process much farther along by now.

Meanwhile, both promoters have been selling tickets for the events. The county won't rule out the possibility that the two governments won't be able to complete all the details in time for the June permit to be issued. If that happens, thousands of angry ticket-holders won't remember the word Riverhead fondly.

The town already has a reputation for inability to get its act together, and this hasn't helped its image. It didn't adequately anticipate the bureaucratic hurdles and coordinate with other agencies quickly enough. Nor did it pay sufficient attention to environmental concerns, such as potential damage to migratory birds. So now it faces a new hurdle: a lawsuit by the Long Island Pine Barrens Society.

Some officials would like to see the concerts go away, but that's too harsh. If they can be put together right, they might very well provide a long-term cultural and economic benefit to the region. But first, Riverhead must work hard, and quickly, to get the permit that it needs. Let it become The Little Town That Could.
Copyright ? 2003, Newsday, Inc.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Hold UP! [Re: Adom]
    #1581504 - 05/27/03 12:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Environmentalists: Stop The Music!

AP
Email This Story
Print This Story
May 27, 2003 7:03 am US/Eastern
(1010 WINS) (Riverhead, Long Island) -- Seven Long Island environmental groups plan to file today to block the Town of Riverhead from putting on rock concerts and camp-outs in the Pine Barrens.

The suit, being headed by the Long Island Pine Barrens Society, accuses Riverhead of violating environmental law by failing to consider matters such as police protection, traffic control, emergency services and potential drinking water contamination at the concert site on town-owned land in Calverton.

Pine Barrens Society Executive Director Richard Amper says he doesn't want the barrens trashed like Woodstock.

The first concert, slated for June 7th and 8th will feature the Beastie Boys, Beck and Radiohead. More than 50 thousand people are expected to attend

Offlinenarf
only users losedrugs
Loc: manhattan
Re: Hold UP! [Re: Adom]
    #1585185 - 05/28/03 01:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

similar article ran in the NY times today, metro section page B5

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]