Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15727616 -

The bass is surprisingly a simple triangle wave with some native adjustments.

organ + guitar are coming out of omnisphere

drums are pulled from a gumut of a different 1 shots

dub sirens coming from a freeware synth toy call "dub box" which is great.

Wrote it in about an hour heh.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15727619 -

You have a very jazzy sound.  I like the first ambient track. it has a good cohesiveness.  Some nice rhythms going on. solid mix.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15727622 -

PS: if you dig the proper dub: here is a "Secret link" to an unreleased, unheard track

http://soundcloud.com/sinensis/kingston-space-station/s-MhOaS


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15727630 -

well, i came out great. it practically was as good as any dub i've heard, but production wise, it was probably better, then most. :yesnod:

i heard a couple of psytrance songs, i get it... i think... i don't listen to alot of that music, though... really, it sounds like a cross between a sound collage and chip-music from a video game... it's like... being in a setting, or a "level" or "stage" if you will... and the sound creates, sorta, the environments palette of texture and colors... and goes over the "level". the concept of the music is easier to pin-point, then alot (more then... most, if not all) of psy-elecro/psydub i've heard, at least. :cool:

now i'm listen to couple of ambient tracks... first this space one... oops, it's over... it was sorta like Steve Roach or something. really cool. one awesome windglow...

next i'm gonna check out that dreaming one... but wait... what is this... Zusanli... yeah, i'll check this one out first... like the atmospheric breath. :awesome:
DuNeRaVeR said:
PS: if you dig the proper dub: here is a "Secret link" to an unreleased, unheard track

http://soundcloud.com/sinensis/kingston-space-station/s-MhOaS



:salute: thank you, my man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15727641 -

DuNeRaVeR said:
You have a very jazzy sound.  I like the first ambient track. it has a good cohesiveness.  Some nice rhythms going on. solid mix.



cool. good to hear. it's been propped for execution, multitude's of tracks, but i've never mixed or mastered any, cept for some tiny bits of EQ'ing.

nice to hear that someone understands where i'm coming from with my... uhh... set.

i got a couple friends that are into this too... hopefully soon i can convince them to do some tracks together. (busy with other bullshit, but the hook is sinking deeper, i see, so it's only matter of time. you get into... a hook that gets in; you get pulled away, but one always come back, at least in my experience, to the music.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15727653 -

akira_akuma said:
DuNeRaVeR said:
You have a very jazzy sound.  I like the first ambient track. it has a good cohesiveness.  Some nice rhythms going on. solid mix.



cool. good to hear. it's been propped for execution, multitude's of tracks, but i've never mixed or mastered any, cept for some tiny bits of EQ'ing.

nice to hear that someone understands where i'm coming from with my... uhh... set.

i got a couple friends that are into this too... hopefully soon i can convince them to do some tracks together. (busy with other bullshit, but the hook is sinking deeper, i see, so it's only matter of time. you get into... a hook that gets in; you get pulled away, but one always come back, at least in my experience, to the music.)



I have tried to get people who I feel have a natural sway towards production as well. some people can be really stubborn lol.  Others swan dive right in.

I have only found 1 person so far I can truly work together with.

Mixing is pretty essential for a clean sound, and space created.  If you are interested I could point you in a few directions for some good material. if not that is also cool.

Thank you for your feedback. it is actually nice to hear from someone who does not know the genre.  I often wonder such things. "what would happen if I show my grandparents?" lol, stuff like that.  I think that is why I also make mellow music. so that if anyone who is just a bit too square genuinely wants to hear some tunes, I have something to present.  But those tracks never get played out, because when I play out, people want to dance, they want to be excited, energized.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (01/28/12 02:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15727674 -

4Hannah is sick, dawg,

well, i like your ambient tracks for what they are... very keen on stuff like that. plus the chill beat music is aweosme too, and i've only heard chill beat that i thought, wasn't particularly well-thought out. (same with psy/beats, i mean, i'm familar with them, man. but not used to heard something i can enjoy. so... props.)

DuNeRaVeR said:
I have tried to get people who I feel have a natural sway towards production as well. some people can be really stubborn lol.  Others swan dive right in.

I have only found 1 person so far I can truly work together with.




yeah, me and my best friend got two of who turned out to be our best friends, to get into it... one is dodgin' on some lyfe shit right now, and my other friend is starting to re-terate his itch, for the first time. (he came along into the "scene" later)

his music is progressive to... some some-ness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15727686 -

akira_akuma said:
4Hannah is sick, dawg,





Many thanks. I remixed a guitar tune I wrote for my girlie a few years ago.


What do you enjoy about music? what makes you feel most blissful?


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15727694 -

what do i like the most? originality, lore and concept. what makes me blissful? memory, dynamics, range, melody, harmony, rhythm, conceptuality and the unknown.

btw, Bioluminescence was cool as well. (sounded like some really environmental psy-dub.) this Toadstool track i'm on now is like some Cosmic Machine Madness Zone from some kind of Sonic game.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15727702 -

akira_akuma said:
what do i like the most? originality, lore and concept. what makes me blissful? memory, dynamics, range, melody, harmony, rhythm, conceptuality and the unknown.

btw, Bioluminescence was cool as well. (sounded like some really environmental psy-dub.) this Toadstool track i'm on now is like some Cosmic Machine Madness Zone from some kind of Sonic game.




:rofl2::lol:  I shall take it as a compliment as I assume it is, but way aside from that, thank you for a good laugh. that is an awesome description.

I played much sonic in it's prime.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (01/28/12 02:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15727721 -

well, like i said, i don't listen to alot of psy anything... i usually hate it. i'm not even really high now. (only had a damn roach to smoke earlier but that's it) i actually like this. so take it as a compliment, you may have converted me. :awesome:

i mean, i only have like a maximum of like four psy-anything albums that i was gonna check out... that i haven't really yet. like Return to the Source, for example.

i'm saving for when i'm a bit more open-minded (psyches) and receptive to just listening to anything i might throw on, as opposed to usually listening to what i know i want to listen to then and now.

but yeah, i guess you can say, it's not cliched, in my opinion. :shrug: i usually don't ever like it, but shit... :thumbup:

but i still have my criticisms, of the sound... like i get it more now though... i guess i had thought i've already heard enough sounds that sounded "underground" to me, to not be able to make a determination as far as originality goes, on where this "psy" music was to take me. it sounds to me, like the concept one is trying to go for while making a psy-track, is that you want to portray and "underground" dance, i guess you could say... whether it be trance, house, or techno.

so, i will keep that in mind, in the future. :thumbup: :tongue:

EDIT: maybe it's also because i've been listening to more world music and jazz and stuff recently, too... hmmm... :strokebeard:

Edited by akira_akuma (01/28/12 02:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15727749 -

I would have to say i finally really "got" psy in the middle of a forest on LSD listening to it for 12 hours straight lol.  Crash course in trance. :lol:

Before that I liked infected mushroom. :mad2:


Many, many thanks. I am glad you have an open mind.  There are tons of psy sub genres, I am sure there is something that would resonate with you well.


This is the most epic psy site: http://www.ektoplazm.com/section/free-music

Everything is legit free. some of my favorite tunes come out there, and you will fine my ep there as well.

They have a genre list to the left. everything is previewable, and in several formats.

"suomi" is the freeform, jazzy style psytrance. the Finnish make it. I am not usually in to it, but this album stuck out as a gem:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/mindex-cats-on-air

Pretty trip safe tunes. There will not be banshees screaming at you. all fun stuff.

PS: if you do stumble into the darkpsy side of things, most people get turned off SUPER quick, but I find most people that stick with psy for years end up liking the faster tempos and the stranger feels.

def fits the "going through levels" feel.  feels tunnely man.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (01/28/12 02:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15727767 -

DuNeRaVeR said:
def fits the "going through levels" feel.  feels tunnely man.



exactly. :lol:

but yeah... again, lore, is important to me... i have to get a story from the music, to really interest me alot.

it just usually doesn't hook me unless i know that i'm listening to something that has a story. :shrug: like what went into the writing? what made up the concept of the music, in the first place; and then what albums and artists and such made what out of it? where are they from, and where did they draw their influences? is it original or copy-pasta? is it unique or is it traditional, or is it a mixed-bag? why?

these are inextricable questions, regardless of genre or anything... :strokebeard2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15727787 -

Agreed 100%.  That is really the challenge with making "good" music. acoustic, electronic, friking weird and the like all need an emotion, or a really good reason for no emotion.  The story... yes the story.  anyone can slap samples over each other.  it is intricate transitions, key changes, space created, harmonies, melodies,  all working together that make up the story. and it is the creator that must control all of these elements. you can tell when someone was like "well, just going to through this sample in here and move on "


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (01/28/12 03:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15727797 -

yep. you certainly can. it's what separates the men from the boys. it's what makes something like A Boss, or not!1  :cookiemonster: for real, people miss this crucial curtailing of music, all the times, and the music bombs into dirty radiation  :facepalm3:

whatever, obviously not everyone can see this happening for themselves so, it's not necessary to enjoy music... but still... enjoying and making are two different stories. that's all i got to say on that subject without getting too preachy and asshole-ish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15727811 -

LOL, the beginning of 8Bit Currency is hilarious, and sick... and there are Nintendo samples!1 :dancer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15727815 -

Ah yes, there are your literal levels. :lol:


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15727825 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15727830 -

heehee  :awepixletrippin: the first music i liked was game music.

when i was in Kindergarten, i used to mimic the songs for my teachers... i'm glad for games and shit, cause now i can memorize songs, pretty well note for note, thanks to that.  :kidsmirk:

well, that's it... i've never really checked out anyone's soundcloud all the way through.

ACCOMPLISHMENT!



Edited by akira_akuma (01/28/12 03:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FM(frequency modulation) [Re: SheikCorp]
    #15727841 -

SheikCorp said:




:rofl:

I Was totally hoping someone would randomly stumble in here


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Record Multiple FM Frequencies? LuNaTiX 529 3 06/15/08 02:08 PM
by ThirdEyeOpening
* Infrasound - Low Frequency Sounds & Effects on Humans
( 1 2 all )
Platinum 5,040 28 11/11/08 11:38 PM
by PhanTomCat
* Another last.fm Thread
( 1 2 all )
RipVanWinkle 1,020 22 10/29/10 05:15 PM
by kush420
* Why I like the fretless bass....
( 1 2 all )
starfire_xes 1,559 36 01/12/11 10:35 PM
by starfire_xes
* Fretless Bass pigs_on_the_wing 486 4 07/03/09 06:53 PM
by gilesypopper
* Buying an FM Transmitter for my car today
( 1 2 all )
Dunno 1,390 27 04/11/10 03:04 PM
by Dunno
* Fretless Bass is the Cat's Ass of Basses.... starfire_xes 385 4 02/09/11 12:39 AM
by starfire_xes
* Recorded a Short Clip of The Fretless Bass I built..... starfire_xes 259 3 06/25/11 12:50 PM
by BothHands

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,631 topic views. 9 members, 171 guests and 188 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.