Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: Newbie]
    #15389915 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15389919 -

Surprisingly, no.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: Newbie]
    #15389931 -

did you check my link to kelly?

$3140 for a trade value in excellent condition, that car is in fair/good

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15390056 -

Another sucker ripped off by a used car lot.

And yet the world keeps spinning.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #15390786 -

yep, happens all too often.
and  the "i gotta talk to the manager about this" routine is a pretty old trick they use to make it look like the salesman is "pulling" for you but the big bad boss wont let it happen, when in reality like prisoner said they could sell it for 1/2 of what their asking and still make profit.
as long as you learned from your mistake


--------------------
Anything I post is a lie, including that...and that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: poiuytrewa]
    #15390792 -

Yeah I didn't realize the bit about the trade in thing.  I knew all about the manager thing so that's why I stood up to leave and kept pushing for lower.  After they rejected 3000 twice I figured it wasn't going to happen and I'd lose the car.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: Newbie]
    #15390808 -

a deposit to check out a car? the fuck?

if they arent willing to budge on the price 1 of 2 things are going on. they paid way to much for the vehicle and are trying to get it back or just pure greed.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: rackem]
    #15390866 -

I thought it was more a deposit to claim the car so nobody else snaked it from me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: Newbie]
    #15390876 -

nah.. never is man.

its always a sucker bet.

ive worked in the auto industry going on 8 years now. its just bad business. if you have 3k cash your better off finding a private party to buy from.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: poiuytrewa]
    #15392105 -

poiuytrewa said:
yep, happens all too often.
and  the "i gotta talk to the manager about this" routine is a pretty old trick they use to make it look like the salesman is "pulling" for you but the big bad boss wont let it happen,



That always reminds me of the movie Fargo where William H Macy's character is trying to sell a car and the people are lowballing him. He's like, "well ok, let me go talk to my manager". Walks off, gets a cup of coffee, chats up a coworker and then comes back a few minutes later and says "well he wasn't too happy".


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: rackem]
    #15392213 -

rackem said:
a deposit to check out a car? the fuck?

if they arent willing to budge on the price 1 of 2 things are going on. they paid way to much for the vehicle and are trying to get it back or just pure greed.



They're probably pissed because as soon as they put the thing on the lot its Goddamn clear coat  started peeling like a snake shedding its skin...


--------------------
Tact is for those who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: Newbie]
    #15392216 -

Newbie said:
Yeah I didn't realize the bit about the trade in thing.  I knew all about the manager thing so that's why I stood up to leave and kept pushing for lower.  After they rejected 3000 twice I figured it wasn't going to happen and I'd lose the car.



I went to a car lot in 2000 with cash in hand to buy a car, I was looking
at a 1998 honda accord coupe, it was loaded, the asking price was $19k. it
was owned by a soldier that just had a kid so they traded it on a sedan.
the salesman gave me the pitch about low mileage, well maintained and all
the other crap but the first thing I saw was an aftermarket accelerator
pedal. I already knew that this was a guy that drove it kinda hard, there
was also an aftermarket sound system and other crap. not the grandma
driven car he was trying to present

I made an offer of $10k and it was rejected, I unloaded my pitch about how
the system works, he came in, still upside down on payments, got the loan
for the new car, they tacked the old loan to the tail end of his new ride
including interest so this soldier was still paying for the car that I'd
be paying for. I negotiated for about 10 minutes with him running back and
forth to his sales manager before I asked why he isnt authorized to make
the deal. he brought the sales manager in and I spent about an hour
discussing the deal I was willing to make and held firm at $10k. the guy
called me nuts but came down to $14k. I told him I'll take my cash
elsewhere and get what I want. I left.

about 2 weeks later the salesman called and asked if I was still
interested int he car, I asked if they were interested in my price. I went
to the lot, talked with them and they'd already marked the car down to
$16k and made them an offer of $8k on the car and it started the process
all over again, I ended up paying $9k for the car and ended up selling it
2mos later for $17k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: rackem]
    #15392223 -

rackem said:
a deposit to check out a car? the fuck?

if they arent willing to budge on the price 1 of 2 things are going on. they paid way to much for the vehicle and are trying to get it back or just pure greed.




they didnt pay shit for the vehicle, they took it as a trade and knocked a
few bucks off the price of the car the other guy was buying while tacking
that into his loan with other fees and charges. I had a lot try and sell me a
new supra turbo with an asking price of $19k, after financing, with a $5500
down payment the car would have cost me $55k. I told them to get bent


newbie, understand that you didnt get fucked on this deal unless it's got
a bad transmission or something, you just didnt get as good of a deal as
was possible

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What causes paint damage on a car? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15392871 -

And I'm okay with that.  It's been years since I've owned my own ride, and deservedly so...  It's good to be back in the driver's seat, in more ways than one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* an old pic Scratcher 1,618 9 02/23/03 11:40 PM
by In(di)go
* Twins ***UPDATED ~ pic*** MushroomSally 1,952 18 12/04/03 05:32 PM
by TODAY
* i bought a model car Smack31 957 8 02/19/03 06:22 PM
by Smack31
* Show off ur Rideeeeeee! (pics)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
daba 16,214 118 06/02/18 04:01 PM
by Ima Trooper
* Pics of the cat me and 3D are going to adopt :) Sammi 2,256 15 08/14/03 01:38 AM
by Sammi
* (Pics) Bored with a digi camera breathingofmist 1,818 13 08/26/03 09:54 AM
by fjbk47985
* last acidicsloth pic post, I promise Turd 962 7 08/12/03 02:46 PM
by Ori
* Turn a retired Incubator into a Hermit Crab House!
( 1 2 all )
daba 4,831 37 05/09/06 08:31 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,209 topic views. 15 members, 61 guests and 108 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.