Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
HOLY HELL! What a JAM!
    #1521544 - 05/05/03 10:18 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Any one here about this or better yet see this? I have to get to New Orleans to the Jazz Fest next year, the shit that goes down there is insane! They have all kinds of pictures in http://www.jambands.com photo gallery. OH man I can't wait for the up coming relix.

05/03/03 (Sat) Saenger Theatre - New Orleans, LA
Set 1: Bad Little Doggie > Game Face > Larger Than Life > Pygmy Twylyte > Blind Man in the Dark, Which Way Do We Run?, Fool's Moon, Sco-Mule > It Don't Mean a Thing tease > Sco-Mule, Patchwork Quilt, Lay of the Sunflower, John the Revelator, Cameleon, When Doves Cry > Beautifully Broken > When Doves Cry > Beautifully Broken, Time To Confess, Mule > I've Been Working > Mule

Set 2: Banks of the Deep End, On the Way Down, 32-20 Blues, Down and Out in New York City, Going Down > Maybe I'm a Leo, Slow Happy Boys, Voodoo Chile, Politican, I Shall Return, Trying Not to Fall, Warren solo guitar > Warren and Matt > Sweet Leaf > War Pigs, E1: Greasy Granny, Greasy Granny Part II, E2: Lucy in the Sky > Soulshine, E3: Wasted Time, Thorazine Shuffle,

Comment: 1. Bad Little Doggie > Greg Rzab, bass 2. Game Face > Greg Rzab, bass 3. Larger Than Life > Greg Rzab, bass 4. Pygmy Twylyte > Dave Schools, bass 5. Blind Man in the Dark Dave Schools, bass Karl Denson, tenor saxophone 6. Which Way Do We Run? Dave Schools, bass 7. Fool's Moon Dave Schools, bass 8. Sco-Mule > It Don't Mean a Thing tease > Sco-Mule Victor Wooten, bass Bernie Worrell, keyboards (no Danny) 9. Patchwork Quilt Victor Wooten, bass Bela Fleck, electric banjo 10. Lay of the Sunflower Rob Wassermann, bass Bela Fleck, electric banjo 11. John the Revelator Almost Dirty Dozen Brass Band (flugelhorn, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, trombone, tuba) No bassist 12. Cameleon Paul Jackson, Jr., bass Bernie Worrell, keyboards Almost Dirty Dozen Brass Band 13. When Doves Cry > Beautifully Broken > When Doves Cry > Beautifully Broken George Porter, Jr., bass and backing vocals 14. Time To Confess George Porter, Jr., bass 15. Mule > I've Been Working > Mule George Porter, Jr., bass Second Set: 1. Banks of the Deep End Mike Gordon, bass and backing vocals 2. On the Way Down Mike Gordon, bass Sonny Landreth, slide guitar 3. 32-20 Blues Will Lee, bass Sonny Landreth, slide guitar Karl Denson, flute 4. Down and Out in New York City Will Lee, bass Fred Wesley, trombone Karl Denson, tenor saxophone 5. Going Down > Roger Glover, bass 6. Maybe I'm a Leo Roger Glover, bass 7. Slow Happy Boys Jack Cassady, bass 8. Voodoo Chile Jack Cassady, bass Aaron Neville, keyboards (no Danny) 9. Politican Bassist from Los Lobos Guitarist from Los Lobos (also vocals) 10. I Shall Return Bassist from Los Lobos Guitarist from Los Lobos 11. Trying Not to Fall Jason Newsted, bass Danny Louis, guitar debut (no keyboards) 12. Warren solo guitar > Warren and Matt > Mr. Matt Fucking Abts > (only as noted) 13. Sweet Leaf > Jason Newsted, bass (no Danny) 14. War Pigs Jason Newsted, bass (no Danny) First Encore: 1. Greasy Granny Les Claypool, bass 2. Greasy Granny, Part II Les Claypool, bass Second Encore: 1. Lucy in the Sky opener > Danny only on keyboards 2, Soulshine Dave Schools, bass Third Encore: 1. Wasted Time Warren only on guitar and vocals. 2. Thorazine Shuffle Dave Schools, bass George Porter, Jr., bass Jason Newsted, bass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
Re: HOLY HELL! What a JAM! [Re: Adom]
    #1522983 - 05/05/03 07:25 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

fuuuuuck!! less than an hour away, i REALLY should NOT have missed that!!

daaamnn..that looks good, government mule rocks man..oh well, at least i caught Panic...

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Re: HOLY HELL! What a JAM! [Re: cortex]
    #1523142 - 05/05/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

How was Panic?  They played one hell of a setlist Saturday, I'm heading down to KC to see them in about 12 hours,  :grin: :grin: :grin:

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
From Jambands.com [Re: Adom]
    #1523150 - 05/05/03 08:30 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Many, Many, Many Guests Sit in With Gov't Mule

Matt Abts and Warren Haynes welcomed more than a dozen bass players to the stage for its "Deepest End" show at New Orleans' Saenger Theater on Saturday. The night which has been billed as a the culmination of two years of touring in support of the Deep End discs featured many of the bassists who appear on the disc. The evening was a true New Orleans throw-down with two sets of music, a six song encore and more than twenty guest musicians. Bass players (in order of appearance) were Greg Rzab, Dave Schools, Victor Wooten, Rob Wassermann, Paul Jackson, George Porter Jr., Will Lee, Mike Gordon, Roger Glover, Jack Casady, Conrad Lazano, Jason Newsted and Les Claypool. Other musicians to join the band included Bela Fleck, Bernie Worrell, the Dirty Dozen Brass Band horns, Fred Wesley, Sonny Landreth, Ivan Neville and David Hildago. The evening was recorded for a live album and DVD.

Jeff Waful's account of the event will appear later today as part of his Jazz Fest Diary. Photos can be found on the Jazz Fest Photo Page.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order