Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Ended my pot break...holy crap.
    #3861479 - 03/03/05 09:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well I ended my longest pot-break ever, 22 days long it was. That was on Tuesday night, when I saw Interpol in concert at Radio City Music Hall. The following description of it I lifted from my blog, Ones and Zeroes and copied here...as of the next day, I began another break until about March 20th, by the way. So here goes:

...We got the sandwiches and after swallowing down my cheddar/pepperjack/tomato/cucumber/pesto hero I braced myself and packed Major Tom's eager-seeming bowl and took a solid binger right to the dome. And another. And another, passing it in a circle betwen me and Eileen and Lucy. Everything went bonzo.

We scurried to the 2nd Ave. station in a timeless continuum, and I was walking three steps back behind my body, trying to keep up with everything around me. Luckily, the train was waiting when we got there; god knows what madness could have ensued in those dirty depths. Lucy and Ei sat side by side and I took my seat perpendicular to them, unsure whether I should look straight or left or close my eyes. The two of them were talking about Lucy's fresh haircut and I turned to watch them watch each other, watching as the textures of their skin shifted underneath the subway car's fluorescent lights, reacting also to the bars of light behind the windows as we went careening through subterranea in a quiet scream of metal grinding metal. They were telling me about the woman cutting hair; I thought, "My god, I'm tripping on cannabis," and nodded, trying dearly hard to turn the sounds from their mouths into facts and shapes within my mind. The space between stations stretched as long as all hell, shortening as we got closer to Rockefeller Center where we stepped out to a midtown never so magical to my eyes.

I felt like such a tourist, and a stoner, a stonerist, walking out on to 6th Ave with my neck craned back and my bloodshot eyes unable to do anything but take in the awesome scope of all these structures stretching up to scrape the sky, surrounded on all sides by the Moloch Megalopolis. Making our way down the block to the neon Radio City lights I found myself in love with NYC, that certain kind of love it's easy to forget in the middle of a surly snowy winter month.

Entering via the side door, Radio City looked nothing short of classy. We settled into our orchestra seats, the mezzanine overhanging us. It took me a minute to soak in the fact that there was a band on stage playing music. Blonde Redhead firmly reinstated and multiplied my sentiment that I was having more than your everyday cannabinoid experience Their music was so interesting - operatic, dark and synthy, very Sigur Ros-y, and I felt completely bathed in sound and light, sinking deep into my comfy chair as it was shaken at its very base by the deep percussive synth bass that pervaded all of their songs. To try and make out the physical features of the band members seemed a ludicrous feat to attempt, but the silhouette of her dress along with the rich tones of her voice (not to mention all the male hoots and hollers coming from near the stage) had me convinced that the keyboardist/singer was gorgeous.

Sitting between Lucy and Ei, serenaded from the stage, I slowly looked around feeling strangely locked within my senses yet aware that they were my only connection to the outer world. I let my eyes roam the innards of Radio City's architecture and felt as if I was seated deep inside some great and visionary bloodshot eye. The bands and performances that passed upon the stage over the years were like glimpses of some outer reality while the audience served as the collective mind behind the eye. With the building vibrating and the walls and ceiling stretched before me like this great ocular node, I now felt doubly locked within a world within a world. The lights came up and I was just too stunned to move. Lucy went to the bathroom for what felt like half an hour and then finally Interpol took the stage.

They kicked things off with Next Exit, the church-like keyboard filling every acoustic inch of the room, and Paul Banks' voice, the drums, guitars and bass fell in line soon afterwards in perfect time. They sounded beautiful. Strangely, the crowd stayed seated and though I wanted to stand I didn't want to be the lone wolf. Besides, I was comfortable and heavy as a rock. They moved on through the beginning of the set and eventually every body rose to their feet. The set was oddly paced and most of the first half, aside from Slow Hands, was comprised largely of the mellower side of their repertoire, and mostly of songs off of Antics. At a perfect opportunity to kick it into high gear they played Stella Was a Diver and She Was Always Down which was great but seemed a bit misplaced in the order.

The order of the rest of the songs is a bit hazy but the highlights remain crystal clear. They delivered a sick performance of Evil which Mr. Banks ended by saying, "Thank you, that was Evil," which I thought must be fun to get to say on stage. But it was then the touring keyboardist started playing this psychedelic, spacey wind-like noise that I knew I was about t witness the most rocking moment of the show. The sound, like some tempest from a digital underworld, made me feel like I was swaying though I was sure that I was still. Then Not Even Jail kick started with a huge bang of strobe light and music. The wall behind the band, which looked like crumpled parchment, had a huge grid of lights on it including none-too-painful strobe lights and they served the song just fine as it got me dancing between the seats again.

Interpol had 6 discoballs on stage and it seemed that they would never use them but finally the crowning moment of the evening came during a stellar performance of NYC. When, "It's up to me now, turn on the bright lights," was sung the mirror balls were shone upon and they flung little flecks of starry light across the hall as if the high-frequency picking of the guitars was the source of it all. They encored with some jams off of their first record, including a seriously bitching Roland. I love Interpol. All in all it was a great show but not the greatest I've seen from them. There were a bunch of points when Paul Banks really reminded of Lou Reed, and that had never occurred to me before somehow. Still though my favorite part of Interpol at all has to be Carlos D's bass, which can be described no more aptly then "cool." They also played an unrecorded (as yet?) track, Put Your Little Hand In Mine, which was really really good.

After that Ei treated me to a chocolate peanut butter milkshake at Johnny Rocket's. After some more bingers, and some Iron Chef and puppies on TV, it was time for bed. Today I woke up happy with my night but realized I don't care too much to smoke on weekdays for a long while. I got up good and groggy, got into the shower awful slowly, and headed to class antsy to write all this down, which was the greatest feeling of the entire experience.

Man, it was fun. I really felt, especially when we walked out and looked up at all the midtown skyscrapers, like I was tripping on acid. It was great.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Ended my pot break...holy crap. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3861490 - 03/03/05 10:04 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Absence makes the heart grow fond :wink:

I went on a similar dry spell a while back, you get so ridiculously high when you do finally cave.  But my smoking has been cut to every other day, sometimes every three days.  I keep weed for so much longer if I stretch out my sessions.  And that's good for everyone. :grin:

Edit - Oh and I hear you about the buildings in NYC.  I got off a train recently in Penn Station and walked a few blocks to visit a friend, my neck hurt from me staring in astonishment at the sheer magnitude of the buildings.  God I looked like such a tourist

Edited by Booooom (03/03/05 10:06 AM)

Male

Re: Ended my pot break...holy crap. [Re: Boom]
    #3861524 - 03/03/05 10:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I felt so out of body. Living here, the immensity of the buildings becomes nothing more than a given...but when you're out of your mind like that you realize you haven't appreciated them in a while. Until I graduate (May 12th) from college, I'm going to be smoking less and getting much much higher...

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3861535 - 03/03/05 10:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:yesnod:

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Land of Ports Flag
    #3861566 - 03/03/05 10:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Im on a accedental pot break. I moved and i know no one in this town i moved back to anymore. No hook ups for me  :pottymouth: this sucks.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineSoK
pimpin sincebeen pimpinsince beenpimpin since..

Loc: ohio river valley
Re: Ended my pot break...holy crap. [Re: Kada]
    #3861602 - 03/03/05 10:51 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

damn that does suck... gotta start following the steriotypes of smokers now and see if u can track one down lol it's fun, i'm not to bad at it from doing it on vacation and such

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Ended my pot break...holy crap. [Re: SoK]
    #3861609 - 03/03/05 10:52 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've been weed free for 10 days now and it seems like I've lost the will to live.

:jesus:

Male

Re: Ended my pot break...holy crap. [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3861616 - 03/03/05 10:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

10 days? 10 days it's easy flying compared to the first 4-7 in my opinion. You need to have a really good motive to not smoke pot, besides not smoking pot. If you feel the need to take a break there should be a reason other than taking a break, for example I wanted to clear my head so I could organize my ideas more for writing..what's yours?

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3861661 - 03/03/05 11:16 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've always found it MUCH easier to take a break when I had about a gram or so in my possession.  I have a constant nagging feeling to seek it out when I don't have any, and I find it easier to go without when I know I could smoke if I wanted to.

:shrug:

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3861710 - 03/03/05 11:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That is so true.. Iv decided to take a break since my birthday, its been about a week now. But I dont leave hte house without my finest, on gram of honey oil.
i think a couple more weeks should cut it.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3861734 - 03/03/05 11:51 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

What a great report! I'm on day 3 now of not smoking and already I can tell a difference in my thought processes, attention span, and creativity.  I just feel "sharper" if you know what I mean.  And I'm dreaming again!  I really hope I can go for as long as you. 

Your tale is very encouraging Robot, thanks for sharing!  :smile:

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Ended my pot break...holy crap. [Re: MOTH]
    #3861828 - 03/03/05 12:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Man its crazy everyone around me right now is taking a break from pot ..... this is all happening right when I am starting to smoke pot regurally(actually a little too often) Is the pot God trying to tell me something??
humm... pondering
Kristi

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Male

Re: Ended my pot break...holy crap. [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #3861850 - 03/03/05 12:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Just gotta do what's right for you...I realized that no matter how happy I am in my love life, friend-life, and school life, that unless I'm writing I am not happy on a deeper level, and that pot was interfering with that...
But if toking's making you happy with no sacrifice of any other happiness, rock on, take a bong hit for me!

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: Ended my pot break...holy crap. [Re: Kada]
    #3861855 - 03/03/05 12:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LordOfChaos said:
Im on a accedental pot break. I moved and i know no one in this town i moved back to anymore. No hook ups for me  :pottymouth: this sucks.

Where are you living, now. You don't have to say, I was just curious. :sun:

--------------------

:murray:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3861988 - 03/03/05 01:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I like the way you write.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Male

Re: Ended my pot break...holy crap. [Re: Phluck]
    #3861997 - 03/03/05 01:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
I like the way you write.

Thanks man, that means a lot.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #3862360 - 03/03/05 02:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Just gotta do what's right for you...I realized that no matter how happy I am in my love life, friend-life, and school life, that unless I'm writing I am not happy on a deeper level, and that pot was interfering with that...
But if toking's making you happy with no sacrifice of any other happiness, rock on, take a bong hit for me!

::: slips into hot bubble bath and sparks up the hooter for  Robot::: this is for you my friend! :smile:

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Community >> The Pub