Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Food Dehydrater
    #15084765 -

hey folks...ive always used a fan to dry my crop but need to change to a more discreet method....the low setting on a dehydrator i saw is 95 farenheit...anyone have any experience with loss of potency at this temp? i have read some posts saying to disable the heat function but it seems as though this may not be necessary at 95....thanks for any input

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: Libertycapper]
    #15084776 -

i dry mine @ 106 deg... still potent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: thelivingfreekshow]
    #15084850 -

ive read a million posts on this that it made my head spin

i think the potency loss happens at higher temps

im going to get a temp control dehydrator and dry at 105ish

you should be good

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: JaffyJaffar]
    #15084874 -

I opened up my dehydrator and disconnected the heating element...  It blows room temp now and does a FINE job!


--------------------


For Sale
Want List
 
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: Big Pappa]
    #15084997 -

:ooo:

Edited by Frap (09/28/11 01:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: Frap] * 1
    #15085039 -

i have always dried my mushrooms at 135 degrees. never had a problem.

BTW, just got a new dehydrator :smile: makes me excited. opening the box was like christmas. i have 3 nescos that ive been using and just got an excalibur 3900. just dried some apples and bananas in to test it out. going to try a pineapple next. might just do that tonight!

for bulk growers, these things are pretty badass


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: AnonO]
    #15085064 -

Excalibur is the best from what I've read, nice

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: AnonO]
    #15085129 -

AnonO said:
i have always dried my mushrooms at 135 degrees. never had a problem.

BTW, just got a new dehydrator :smile: makes me excited. opening the box was like christmas. i have 3 nescos that ive been using and just got an excalibur 3900. just dried some apples and bananas in to test it out. going to try a pineapple next. might just do that tonight!

for bulk growers, these things are pretty badass






NICE!!  :yourock:


--------------------


For Sale
Want List
 
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: Big Pappa]
    #15085215 -

Yeah I just got one today too. Mine doesn't even have a On/Off button! You just plug it in and it's on. 5 trays. But to test the temp I just put my thermometer I use for pasteurizing my substrates in it. It gets to 135 so hopefully it didn't cut any potency down. I guess I'll find out when I eat the dehydrated ones!
Cuz I was just a fan out kinda guy as well before today. But it took too long and I got a lot I need to dry.


--------------------
Trade List:

Freestone Texas
Treasure Coast
Burma
PES Hawaiian
Lizard King
Golden Teacher
Z Strain
Note:All prints have been tested before being bagged. So I can guarantee them sterile. I will also make syringes if you prefer. My syringes are 30ML. (Will also be tested before being sent) PM me if you would like to trade.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: Chewsun]
    #15085226 -

135 wont come near harming potency. youll be fine. dehydrayor temps go up and down. sometimes by + or - 10 degrees F

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: Chewsun]
    #15085242 -

I dehydrate mine at 135f for 6hrs and have never experienced potency loss. Then grind em up, and place them into gel caps for long term storage and easy dosing (each gel cap has .5g's).


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: EN1GMA]
    #15085354 -

if they can survive 212 degree water.

they can survive your dehydrator.


--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: k00laid]
    #15091110 -

thank you all for your input!! its shopping time!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: Chewsun]
    #15091416 -

Chewsun said:
Yeah I just got one today too. Mine doesn't even have a On/Off button! You just plug it in and it's on. 5 trays. But to test the temp I just put my thermometer I use for pasteurizing my substrates in it. It gets to 135 so hopefully it didn't cut any potency down. I guess I'll find out when I eat the dehydrated ones!
Cuz I was just a fan out kinda guy as well before today. But it took too long and I got a lot I need to dry.



I have one just like that.  I put a screen over the top instead of the lid to keep the temps down.  Works great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: AnonO]
    #15091544 -

AnonO said:
i have always dried my mushrooms at 135 degrees. never had a problem.

BTW, just got a new dehydrator :smile: makes me excited. opening the box was like christmas. i have 3 nescos that ive been using and just got an excalibur 3900. just dried some apples and bananas in to test it out. going to try a pineapple next. might just do that tonight!

for bulk growers, these things are pretty badass






dude....did you get that from craigslist?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: shrooms n things]
    #15091555 -

shrooms n things said:
AnonO said:
i have always dried my mushrooms at 135 degrees. never had a problem.

BTW, just got a new dehydrator :smile: makes me excited. opening the box was like christmas. i have 3 nescos that ive been using and just got an excalibur 3900. just dried some apples and bananas in to test it out. going to try a pineapple next. might just do that tonight!

for bulk growers, these things are pretty badass






dude....did you get that from craigslist?



no. it was bought brand new.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: AnonO]
    #15092098 -

oh sorry, i had just gotten off craigslist looking for one and i saw this exact model going for 125. how much did you pay?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: shrooms n things]
    #15092111 -

240 after shipping. i have a feeling i might have to order another one...

check out the sedona dehydrator. a little better quality structural wise with a glass window on hinges, not to mention digital time, temp, and timer, with 2 fans and 2 heating elements.

but thats about twice as much... i think excalibur will still do the job just fine. :smile: cant wait to fill it with mushrooms.

Edited by AnonO (09/17/11 02:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: AnonO]
    #15092220 -

haha yeah man post sum pics when that things full. and at 240 new i might hop on the ad i saw on craigslist. hopefully its in good condition...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Food Dehydrater [Re: shrooms n things]
    #15092280 -

Once in a while an excalibur pops up second hand but they get snatched up quick

Edited by JaffyJaffar (09/17/11 03:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Please help me disable the heater from my food dehydrator! Phantastica 1,881 4 10/04/10 02:39 AM
by futurehero02
* Nesco Dehydrator Cloud_Man 1,144 5 12/26/05 01:26 PM
by keefboy
* Dehydrator Drying?
( 1 2 all )
Noobey 6,428 24 09/09/15 08:30 PM
by Inocuole
* best dehydrator with a budget
( 1 2 all )
Preston 6,492 24 03/17/09 03:12 PM
by fr33d0mfry
* the Perfect Dehydrator? krill 734 1 02/11/06 07:57 AM
by Holydiver
* How to disable heat on Food Dehydrator? DenverMax 3,580 5 11/26/05 11:29 AM
by agar
* oster dehydrator? chuckweis 1,544 12 09/09/10 02:14 PM
by chuckweis
* In the market for a dehydrator - advice Rahz 5,711 12 09/22/08 11:33 AM
by Rahz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,731 topic views. 20 members, 47 guests and 160 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.