Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Befriending people significantly younger than you [Re: Synth Ethics]
    #15030626 -

I'm 25 and I've had several friends who were well into their 40s or 50s. Just recently met and befriended another guy who's probably pushing mid-50s. I guess past a certain point it becomes less noticeable. There isn't a huge difference in our overall mindset, although there is the obvious difference of them having a lot more life experience than I do and being able to tell great stories. But fundamentally we're pretty much on the same wavelength.

In the case of teens though, I guess the contrast is more stark. People in their 50s probably view me in about the same light that you view 18-year-olds at 23. Then again I'm an aspie fuck and I think it's commonplace for us to more easily befriend people much older than us or something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Befriending people significantly younger than you [Re: LayinUp]
    #15030649 -

A lot of my friends are old in years as well. One of my best friends who is in his 50's I met through his daughter and two sons who were all in their early to mid 20's when I met them. I'll hang out with anyone regardless of age as long as they're chill.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Befriending people significantly younger than you [Re: LayinUp]
    #15030659 -

LayinUp said:
One of my best friends in a 70+ year old man who eats more magic mushrooms than I do. He's a source of infinite wisdom, and I always feel like talking to him is like taking a shortcut to knowledge that would otherwise have taken me years to learn.




that's raaaadical.


tell us stories!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Befriending people significantly younger than you [Re: FractalDust]
    #15030673 -

FractalDust said:
I'll hang out with anyone regardless of age as long as they're chill.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Befriending people significantly younger than you [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #15030781 -

Ive got quite a few friends who are significalty younger than me. I find that they are more eager to learn and less stubborn than people my own age.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hey, all - just wanted to introduce myself.
( 1 2 3 all )
Civ 5,574 59 11/02/04 08:40 PM
by Civ
* Significance of your username...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
adamj 6,015 65 10/04/04 05:34 AM
by Silven
* Introducing Mad Hatter NYC
( 1 2 3 all )
Mad Hatter NYC 6,091 48 11/29/08 02:36 AM
by Southern Smoke
* What do you really want in a significant other?
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 2,789 42 12/08/06 08:26 AM
by Cowgold
* Let Me Introduce Myself UberDeepName 704 12 07/12/07 10:34 PM
by SneezingPenis
* Introducing myself...
( 1 2 all )
moorhsum 3,928 31 12/01/02 12:31 PM
by Crobih
* Introducing myself
( 1 2 all )
46and2mp 2,324 26 04/21/07 08:50 AM
by HighTek
* Younger girls
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ShroomismM 12,779 87 05/29/05 11:12 PM
by PaulAtreides

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,189 topic views. 4 members, 45 guests and 255 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.