Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineXog
Jumpgate Pilot
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
ATTENTION SHROOMERITES - SEND AN EMAIL TO EBAUMSWORLD * 1
    #14705463 - 07/02/11 05:34 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

We should try to remove this video from ebuamsworld. If you don't want to send the email, or don't support this thread, that's fine. To each their own.

Unfortunately some irresponsible fuckhead thought it would be funny to video record them self and another female taking what appears to be a very strong extract of salvia. He winds up jumping out of a window on the video, and this video is on the front page. I want this video removed because it should not be getting this type of negative attention. The video can also be used by someone to help make it illegal.

The video can be found here: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81626912/

email: general@ebaumsworld.com

Subject: Please remove the "Salvia Freakout Video" on the front page

Copy-Paste Body Contents (or make your own if you like):

Greetings Ebaumsworld,

Please remove the "Salvia Freakout Video" featured on the front page (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81626912/). I request this video to be removed because it is allowing people to view this specific drug, Salvia, in a way that it doesn't deserve. These two did not take proper precautions, were not responsible and are generally stupid. Usually, Salvia is not a drug you take to have fun. It is a psychedelic and/or spiritual drug (depending on preference) many people use recreationally, in a responsible manner, for therapeutic or other reasons (not including fun or entertainment).

Media stories generally raise alarms over Salvia's legal status and are sometimes headlined with generally ill-supported comparisons to LSD or other psychoactive substances. Parental concerns are raised by focusing on salvia's usage by younger teens—the emergence of YouTube videos purporting to depict its use being an area of particular concern in this respect. The isolated and controversial suicide of Brett Chidester received much media attention.

Salvia remains legal in most countries and, within the United States, is legal in the majority of states. However, some have called for its prohibition. While not currently regulated by US federal drug laws, several states have passed laws criminalizing the substance. Some proposed state bills have failed to progress and have not been made into law (with motions having been voted down or otherwise dying in committee stages). There have not been many publicized prosecutions of individuals violating anti-salvia laws in the few countries and states in which it has been made illegal. Please remove this video as it is severe enough to be possibly used as a major factor and player in the prohibition of Salvia (it shouldn't be prohibited).

Thank you for your time and we hope you understand.
-A Shroomery Member (www.shroomery.org)

--------------------
We are all one but not really :laugh:

Edited by Xog (07/02/11 05:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: ATTENTION SHROOMERITES - SEND AN EMAIL TO EBAUMSWORLD [Re: Xog] * 2
    #14705478 - 07/02/11 05:47 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

How much worse would your life be if salvia was outlawed?

Salvia sucks. :stoned:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineXog
Jumpgate Pilot
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ATTENTION SHROOMERITES - SEND AN EMAIL TO EBAUMSWORLD [Re: Poid]
    #14705480 - 07/02/11 05:48 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Indeed, salvia does suck. But it's a love-hate relationship.

I personally don't even do drugs anymore, but I support the right of the people who take them for the right reasons.

--------------------

Edited by Xog (07/02/11 05:49 AM)

Invisiblewildernessjunkie
Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Re: ATTENTION SHROOMERITES - SEND AN EMAIL TO EBAUMSWORLD [Re: Xog]
    #14705495 - 07/02/11 05:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Too late. That video is everywhere. Just got posted in the "Can we has a funnies" thread by the way.

If we didnt have stupid ass crack heads to laugh at, what would we do with our work day.

Its not the video, or the drug thats the problem. Its the delinquent society we have created.

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
Re: ATTENTION SHROOMERITES - SEND AN EMAIL TO EBAUMSWORLD [Re: Xog] * 5
    #14705497 - 07/02/11 05:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I got a reply from ebaum.

Dear Shroomery,

Tits or get the fuck out.

Regards,

Ebaum.

:crankey:

--------------------
:awesome:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ATTENTION SHROOMERITES - SEND AN EMAIL TO EBAUMSWORLD [Re: Xog] * 1
    #14705500 - 07/02/11 06:00 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think all drugs should be legal, so I'm not going to participate in an effort to prevent any one drug from becoming illegal..I'd rather save my energy for efforts whose purpose it is to end the entire War on Drugs altogether. I know there's practically nothing I can do to end the War on Drugs, though, so worrying about it is essentially pointless..it seems like our government is slowly leaning towards lifting the prohibition on drugs, anyways, so there's no real need for me to do anything whatsoever. :shrug:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ATTENTION SHROOMERITES - SEND AN EMAIL TO EBAUMSWORLD [Re: wildernessjunkie]
    #14705509 - 07/02/11 06:06 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

wildernessjunkie said:
Its not the video, or the drug thats the problem. Its the delinquent society we have created.

No, it's just human stupidity..don't put all the blame on our particular society when it's not fundamentally at fault.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

#14705531 - 07/02/11 06:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:smbfacepalm:

That was honestly pretty funny though, while the guy climbs through the top half of the window and the girl helplessly sits there groaning and making strange salvia noises on the couch, unable to do anything about it.

Hopefully he was fine.

I get it though, dumb shit like that leads to more bans and ill informed comparisons to LSD etc.

Quote:

:smbfacepalm:

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ATTENTION SHROOMERITES - SEND AN EMAIL TO EBAUMSWORLD [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #14705532 - 07/02/11 06:23 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

lol, "strange salvia noises". :smirk:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

#14705551 - 07/02/11 06:34 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

wildernessjunkie said:

No, it's just human stupidity..don't put all the blame on our particular society when it's not fundamentally at fault.

Ill agree to disagree on this one.

My view is that our society has gone retarded. Just the way I see things. I deal with a lot of people  on a daily basis, and it only confirms my suspicions.

Offlinewallthepaint

Re: ATTENTION SHROOMERITES - SEND AN EMAIL TO EBAUMSWORLD [Re: wildernessjunkie]
    #14705562 - 07/02/11 06:38 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The people who posted this should both get socked.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14705573 - 07/02/11 06:46 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

wildernessjunkie said:
Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

wildernessjunkie said:

Ill agree to disagree on this one.

My view is that our society has gone retarded. Just the way I see things.

What do you mean by "gone retarded"? When was it ever not retarded?

What makes you think that it's just our society that's retarded, and not human nature in general?

Quote:

wildernessjunkie said:
I deal with a lot of people  on a daily basis, and it only confirms my suspicions.

I'm not saying that our society is not retarded, it is. All I'm saying is that humanity is retarded in general, and that to blame stupid shit such as what's under discussion here only on our society would be to gravely ignore the bigger picture.
Society is retarded because humans are retarded, not the other way around..all societies are retarded. :monkeydance:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Edited by Poid (07/02/11 06:56 AM)

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: ATTENTION SHROOMERITES - SEND AN EMAIL TO EBAUMSWORLD [Re: wallthepaint]
    #14705577 - 07/02/11 06:47 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

wallthepaint said:
The people who posted this should both get socked.

They shouldn't have smoked it simultaneously. They should have taken turns to make sure neither of them did some dumb shit such as jump out the window.

It's just careless, like most of these sorts of videos that show up are.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Xog]
    #14705617 - 07/02/11 07:02 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinesaxcidjazz
Male

Re: ATTENTION SHROOMERITES - SEND AN EMAIL TO EBAUMSWORLD [Re: dr_gonz]
    #14705622 - 07/02/11 07:05 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Ebaums ain't gonna take anything down for ethical reasons. Salvia's already screwed as it is anyway its just a matter of time.  I never found use for it so I guess not too big of a loss but the principal of banning a PLANT is just WRONG.  They just need to ban selling all these chemicals in head shops somehow, that seems to be the real issue.. but no, BANBANBAN.  Education?  Psh.  We know what's best for ya.  :hamletmonkey:

edit - nice Hicks quote Doctor.

Edited by saxcidjazz (07/02/11 07:06 AM)

Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

#14705646 - 07/02/11 07:14 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I was refering to "human" society.

I think we see eye to eye here.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14705683 - 07/02/11 07:28 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Oh..by "Its the delinquent society we have created", I assumed you were referring specifically to our society.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
Re: ATTENTION SHROOMERITES - SEND AN EMAIL TO EBAUMSWORLD [Re: Xog]
    #14705697 - 07/02/11 07:32 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think it should be removed.

Some guy died a few weeks back filming himself "planking". 

At the end of the day, its the persons choice to engage in risky behaviour or not.  If people ban that behaviour afterwards its just showing their ignorance and lack of understanding.  Until the human race grows up and people start taking responsibility for theirselves then this dumb big brother mindset will continue either way.

Quote:

I support the right of the people who take them for the right reasons.

Same here but that doesn't mean we should hide the truth.

As for hiding things that may cause some people to look at things in a bad way...  Leave that to the government :smirk:

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: nice1]
    #14705701 - 07/02/11 07:33 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineXog
Jumpgate Pilot
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ATTENTION SHROOMERITES - SEND AN EMAIL TO EBAUMSWORLD [Re: dr_gonz]
    #14705713 - 07/02/11 07:37 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
Yeah, really. It's important to show the world what irresponsible drug use can do to a moron.

I agree with this sentiment as well. Unfortunately, I'm sure a large majority of the people watching that video has no idea what Salvia is and now thinks it's just some stupid and un-useful drug that should get banned. They don't even know the person is being irresponsible.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order