Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Can you tell whether its dopamine or serotonin?
    #14617128 -

I'm really interested in how these neurotransmitters are translated into the subjective experience and feelings. It amazes me how my neuronal assembly produces such an extraordinary effect that I can barely comprehend.

Serotonin feels as if everything in my life is fine and will remain that way in the future. Its a feeling of serenity and well-being. Dopamine on the other hand is just a momentary rush of :feelsgoodman::homerdrool: that eventually fades away into a dissolved semi-drunk state morphing into some kind of lethargy and perhaps crankiness.

Endorphins are of course another class of feelsgoodman molecules but I'm trying to concentrate on the simple primary amines here. Can you tell whether your well-being is due to either one of the two transmitters?

Right now I'm a bit drunk and I feel a dopamine discharge which along with my lowered inhibitions tends to make me feel more social (considering I'm very antisocial by default).

I prefer serotonin. IMHO serotonin>dopamine.

So lets hear your opinion on the matter

vs


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you tell whether its dopamine or serotonin? *DELETED* [Re: mellowparty]
    #14617176 -

Post deleted by BothHands

Reason for deletion: double post


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you tell whether its dopamine or serotonin? [Re: BothHands]
    #14617199 -

Haha, at first glance I thought those were methyl groups on the nitrogen (on dopamine).  Though "what chemical is that.  I wanna try it." :lol:

I'm definitely a serotonin person myself.  Dopamine usually comes with norepinephrine, which I absolutely hate.  And I hear that pure DRI's (like DaTSCAN) don't produce the same kind of euphoria that DNRIs produce.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you tell whether its dopamine or serotonin? [Re: BothHands]
    #14617265 -

The only neurotransmitters i can differentiate are stuff that alters sigma receptors.

Or something like that.  for me, stuff that messes with sigma receptors produce a very specific, noticeable feeling.

Ketamine doesn't for awhile, then produces i forget what its called a sigma cascade or something. It feels like a switch being thrown, i can immediately tell whats happening because its the same feeling i get from other sigma drugs.

Aside from that my thoughts and mood are a mystery to me, its just one continuous swirling soup.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you tell whether its dopamine or serotonin? [Re: BothHands]
    #14631644 -

A lot of things affect sigma receptors, including DMT, DXM, morphine, meth, PCP etc.

BothHands said:
Haha, at first glance I thought those were methyl groups on the nitrogen (on dopamine).  Though "what chemical is that.  I wanna try it." :lol:

I'm definitely a serotonin person myself.  Dopamine usually comes with norepinephrine, which I absolutely hate.  And I hear that pure DRI's (like DaTSCAN) don't produce the same kind of euphoria that DNRIs produce.



I watched a video about depression and they related dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin to different features of depression. Norepinephrine lack results in some sort of laziness where you lie in bed all day not doing anything, dopamine lack leads to anhedonia (where you cant experience pleasure) and serotonin lack leads to gloomy and sad thoughts.

Could you sum up the difference between DRIs and DNRIs in one sentence for me, please :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you tell whether its dopamine or serotonin? [Re: mellowparty]
    #14631669 -

I am a retard when it comes to this stuff. so bear with me.

Say if you had a bottle of dopamine, and you drank it. What wuld happen?

There is medicine with dopamine in it


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you tell whether its dopamine or serotonin? [Re: Locky]
    #14631765 -

Quote:
Say if you had a bottle of dopamine, and you drank it. What wuld happen?



As far as I know it cannot cross the blood brain barrier.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you tell whether its dopamine or serotonin? [Re: mellowparty]
    #14631769 -

Thanks for clearing that up :bananahorsey:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you tell whether its dopamine or serotonin? [Re: Locky]
    #14632920 -

i only heard this recently, but supposedly there are pharmacutical preperations of oxytocin available.

Couldn't find much info on it, but the little i did find say its pretty great, exactly what you would expect.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you tell whether its dopamine or serotonin? [Re: mellowparty]
    #14632945 -

yes i can feel the difference and when either chemical shoots up or down

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you tell whether its dopamine or serotonin? [Re: thodub]
    #14633036 -

dopamine == energy, staying awake, craving, serotonin == yawning, relaxed, dreamy


--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you tell whether its dopamine or serotonin? [Re: mellowparty]
    #14633215 -

mellowparty said:
Could you sum up the difference between DRIs and DNRIs in one sentence for me, please :grin:



A DNRI inhibits the reuptake of dopamine and norepinephrine, and a DRI inhibits the reuptake of dopamine.  But I'm sure that's not the answer you were looking for.

I've never taken a pure DRI, I was just referring to anecdotal evidence from bluelight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can you tell whether its dopamine or serotonin? [Re: BothHands]
    #14633226 -

dopamine=big hit of crack........... serotonin=rollin on some X

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ways to naturally increase dopamine/serotonin
( 1 2 all )
Everything 5,965 32 01/29/13 10:47 PM
by koods
* Just Finished My Poem for Creative Writing Class AluxesLeaf 344 1 02/28/10 05:47 PM
by AluxesLeaf
* Share Your Poetry!
( 1 2 all )
nick5309 2,766 27 03/11/10 09:34 AM
by PrymaLScReam
* Replenishing Dopamine vs Serotonin OliverJames 1,351 8 09/22/19 09:00 PM
by O_Dweeds
* Is it possible that psychedelics screw with serotonin receptors?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Celestial Traveler 4,718 64 08/12/12 12:49 AM
by DivineIntensity
* Depression = Chemical inbalance of serotonin?
( 1 2 all )
deXtrous 4,784 29 07/21/12 08:51 AM
by Magenta
* Dopamine
( 1 2 all )
Schwip 2,890 29 09/13/05 02:17 PM
by Schwip
* serotonin/dopamine question HorusTh3Chrous 488 4 02/10/12 06:52 AM
by HorusTh3Chrous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,705 topic views. 0 members, 16 guests and 191 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 14 queries.