Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Oh Shit! Backpacks
    #14297108 -

A while back I remembered how I wanted to have an oh-shit backpack when I was a kid, so I started to make one. For anyone who doesn't get it, the idea of an Oh Shit! backpack is that it's the one thing you grab if the shit hits the fan.

I bought a Gregory 40# pack, and so far I've loaded a magnesium strip for starting fires, 50 waterproof matches (tested in the bathroom sink!), a bright red space blanket, a leatherman, 50rds of .38spl hollow points, arm sling and 7 1oz silver rounds.

I plan to add a compass, sharpening block, variety of organic seeds (including some MJ seeds ofc), a medpack, bivvy sack, small folding shovel, cooking pan, camping fork, some rope and a survival and farming guide.

If things really did pop off I'd still need to grab my pistol, pipe and a couple other things to throw in to the pack, but the idea is to be able to get up and go with one bag worth of thangs that might increase your survival in a zombie apocalypse, invasion, holocaust, whatever. Or it can be the one thing you grab in the event of a fire, really any time you think, "Oh shit! I gotta bail!"

Any other peeps got one of these? Got any item suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: uber_aj]
    #14297166 -

fake passport and cash?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: argg]
    #14297181 -

Fake passport is a great idea, wouldn't know how to get one though. I also just remembered that I need a portable water filtration deal too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: uber_aj]
    #14297182 -

Don't have one but i feel inspired to make one now.


--------------------
Anything posted about the amazing remarkable life changing EPICNESS! That is illegal drug use is fictional and written for my own personal enjoyment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: argg]
    #14297190 -

Because weed will totally up your chances of survival in a vombie invasion


--------------------
14:31

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: uber_aj]
    #14297211 -

uber_aj said:
50rds of .38spl hollow points, arm sling and 7 1oz silver rounds.

?




vampires?/:tinfoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #14297265 -

I was just going to say...
Could be useful against werewolves too


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: uber_aj]
    #14297335 -

Water purification kit - guide on methods of obtaining and purifying water in all environments
Knowledge of foraging edible plants & trapping/preparing wild animals for food
Knowledge of building shelters and fire craft

Those are the 3 basic survival must haves.

After that theres a shit load of other things that will make life easier and better...

Depends a lot on environment / situation / terrain / purpose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #14297345 -

smack said:
Because weed will totally up your chances of survival in a vombie invasion



.... It does in Halo... lol, but srsly, I'm bringing some weed, whether for trade or for when you win/are about to die.

realfuzzhead said:
uber_aj said:
50rds of .38spl hollow points, arm sling and 7 1oz silver rounds.

?




vampires?/:tinfoil:



:lol: No, mostly for trade in a post apocalyptic world, but also so I don't lose it in the event of an apartment complex fire. The vampire and werewolf protection are just an added bonus!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: hotpocket]
    #14297348 -

hotpocket said:
Don't have one but i feel inspired to make one now.



same here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: JesusGoneRogue]
    #14297366 -

I'm gonna just stock up on amphetamines and instant snacks.

And a hatchet.


--------------------
14:31

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: JesusGoneRogue]
    #14297414 -

JesusGoneRogue said:
hotpocket said:
Don't have one but i feel inspired to make one now.



same here



It's the tiny advantage that gives you the edge! :thumbup:

I just thought to add some packets of tuna and a bag of beef jerky, both compact/lightweight and full of protein.

Hatchet FTW, good call smack.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: smack]
    #14297419 -

smack said:
I'm gonna just stock up on amphetamines and instant snacks.

And a hatchet.



:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: uber_aj]
    #14297499 -

Fishing line and a fishing hook.

:flowstone:


--------------------
you just need money to get laid - starfire_xes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: Tri High]
    #14297507 -

I dont think I saw anything about a flashlight, most likely the hand powerd crank flashlight/radio

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: Tri High]
    #14297516 -

This is a good idea...I might just make one of these.

I would add some lighters too...matches are too prone to being blown out by the wind.
Flashlight & batteries for sure
A fat hunting knife

will add more when I can think of more...


--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me




What is life? I'm tired of life...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: Anthony917]
    #14297636 -

ive though  bout this but ide probly just raid a wally mart if shit went WW3.

but if i did. ide get my zippo, bag of wicks/flints, zippo fuel. hygiene kit(toothbrush,soap, nail clipper,comb)multi vitamins, survival knife with compass. water purification tabs.a hunting bow. few sets of batting gloves or bike riding gloves. beanies. lightweight hammock.

And for a weapon i think ide be sneaky and use a my bow or hand and half sword or a aluminum bat since it could be repaired or replaced and uses no ammo.


--------------------
                                                                                 

Nixon was a asshole. Just look at his biggest creation. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the DEA.

Which secretly stands for Demonizing Everyone by Allegations.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: DarkMatterOfFact]
    #14297778 -

Yeah aj, check out the subforums to here, "the great outdoors" Theres tons of stuff!

You will prob want either Katadyn or MSR water filter most importantly, as well as some crystals or solution to clean water.

Also a bunch of dehydrated food!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: uber_aj]
    #14297949 -

It's called a "BUG OUT" bag.

I've got one, some nifty digital camo military duffel bag my cousin sent me when he was in Afghanistan.

Dehydrated food (LOTS of deer jerky), water purification tablets and a purification system my uncle gave me, a small camping stove (shit was like $150, but was given to me as a gift), ponchos, a couple pairs of socks, like 500 ft of paracord, a few knives (both collapsible and fixed blade), fire starter, and a couple 50rd and 20 rd boxes of various ammo. 9mm, .40, .308, 5.56, 12ga and some .38 and .357 since that's what my brother carries. Also a few flashlights and batteries to power them. Oh and a spool of fishing line and a box of flies I tied myself. I figure if I can't grab the poles and fly rods, at least tossing out some flies on the line would yield some results.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, but man this thing is heavy. There's a 99.999999% chance I'll never even have to break out the bug out bag, but it's better to be prepared than not.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oh Shit! Backpacks [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #14298048 -

your "oh shit backpack" reminds me of a scene in the documentary Werner Herzog put together called "Encounters at the End of the World". He's interviewing this guy who escaped from behind the Iron Curtain (before it fell) and the guy shows him this epic oh shit backpack he always keeps ready in case of emergency.

This thing even has an inflatable raft in it!

couldn't find just that clip on youtube so you'll have to scroll through to about the 4:30 mark where the interview begins.

by the way, this film is the shit! check it out if you haven't seen it.



--------------------


"We are all intoxicated. We were born into an insane asylum, a world crazy-making. We believe what we see and hear. The real myth is the myth of sanity, of rationality: it's a disease that is eating away at the earth. All the poisons flow from our denial. We deny madness, we forget our crimes, we dismember the corpse, we imprison our children. We need poison to poison the poison, to remember the sacred nature of intoxication, the green body of the young god." ~ Dale Pendell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Alabama hotpocket
( 1 2 all )
gary gnu 1,932 21 12/02/12 04:11 PM
by unknown1123
* the new hotpockets
( 1 2 all )
aDoS 1,435 20 08/26/08 10:11 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* hotpockets aDoS 835 9 03/31/08 02:43 AM
by druqs
* where is the cheapest place to get a passport??? agoutihead 1,417 15 11/28/05 07:06 AM
by badchad
* Hatchet (Coming to theater September 7th) THE KRAT BARON 1,207 15 09/07/07 09:54 AM
by TruuBeeezzy
* Passport question blacksabbathrulz 919 4 02/07/05 10:37 AM
by blissedout
* Crossing the boarder without a passport headset 941 6 05/20/05 10:10 PM
by trendal
* If I marry a dutch person, will I get a euro passport? zee_werp 1,648 5 09/18/03 08:32 AM
by Annom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,546 topic views. 8 members, 12 guests and 89 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.