Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Sun Ra
    #11004841 -

and his interstellar arkestra

thoughts?

im listening to this show

Sun Ra - 10/3/87
Victoriaville Festival 
Victoriaville, Quebec, Canada 
FM>?>CDR>eac>shn

1. Blue Lou 5:03
2. Prelude to a Kiss 6:51
3. I Dream Too Much 5:00
4. Yeah Man! 3:42
5. Lights on a Satellite 10:03
6. Slumming on Park Avenue 13:58
7. Space is the Place/Outer Spaceways Incorporated 9:26


its off the fucking wall

what a fucking kook.


:heart:


--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sun Ra [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #11004895 -

If you want to see real kookyness, watch his movie Space is the Place.

He was an interesting guy to say the least. I think he's great, in small doses.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sun Ra [Re: koppie]
    #11004952 -

agreed.  too much sun ra will drive a man mad.

the wiki article is good,

oh sun ra

you kook

be my valentine

:lol:


--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sun Ra [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #11005219 -

I have some live double disc somewhere. I dig the song Mystery or something like that a lot.

Can't remember where but I read that if he was unhappy with a band member for whatever reason he would just tell the rest of the band they were leaving and desert people.
Like, leave people in fucking Africa and shit without any notice or money or anything.
:lol:


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sun Ra [Re: jewunit]
    #11006377 -

hahaha

damn

thats harsh


--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sun Ra [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #11015739 -



If i was black i'd chill up in space with sun ra

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sun Ra [Re: DeliciousVinyl]
    #11018034 -

space is the place

Sun Ra is awesome for what he did..


--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sun Ra [Re: koppie]
    #11019492 -

Lanquidity is the best work I've heard by him.  I still haven't heard all that much either.. there's so damn much of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sun Ra [Re: idiotek]
    #11023273 -

He put out so much work it's insane. He would release a total free jazz album independently and in the same year put out a nice standard album for all his labels.

He had some really good musicians too, John Gilmore stands out for me as probably the best.


--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sun Ra [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #11035206 -

i've only a couple albums, but they're wonderful.  never heard any live stuff


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sun Ra [Re: demiu5]
    #14169000 -

hahah, i dont have any albums.. but heard this song a few times:





dude it crazy genius.


--------------------
full blown human

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sun Ra [Re: Penelope_Tree]
    #14177581 -



I could not find the interview but I recall some accomplished musician, one of the many to play with Sun Ra, saying it took him a long time before he ever really heard Sun Ra. I wonder what I am missing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sun Ra [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #14178070 -

GetTheFuckOut said:
and his interstellar arkestra

thoughts?






first thing i saw: "internet stalker"


--------------------
full blown human

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sun Ra and the Arkestra WScott 957 5 02/23/15 07:57 AM
by WScott
* SUN RA ARKESTRA, happy birthday THELONIOUS MONK! jazz thread Jordainio 270 0 10/10/12 10:03 PM
by Jordainio
* RA LP 2012 FAN DRIVE! A Rock project in Los Angeles, CA by Sahaj Ticotin cokane 166 0 06/14/12 11:35 AM
by cokane
* Interstellar Meltdown@Wakarusa Music Festival blissedout 434 0 03/31/09 12:48 PM
by blissedout
* Look what I found!! (Sun Ra psychedelia video) PyroBurns 362 2 02/07/08 04:43 AM
by PyroBurns
* What are you listening to right now?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 1726 1727 )
John Smith 948,923 34,536 09/29/26 10:35 PM
by Headies
* Could you help me trim this day-long playlist down? Nodima 2,609 12 05/26/10 11:56 AM
by lillFish
* Interstellar Grim767 258 2 06/08/15 12:04 AM
by Jufin

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
670 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.