Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Need a big ass cardboard tube
    #1405697 -

I'm making one of those playstand/house/perch/scratching post things for my cat. You know, the carpet covered ones that you see at pet stores. Those things sell for over $100. I'm not paying that kind of money for something tacked together out of cheap carpet and plywood, so I'm building it myself. Only problem is I need some of that 12"-14" diameter cardboard tubing they use in those things for the little cubbyhole. Anyone know where I could get some of that tubing?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: superpimp]
    #1406209 -

home depot?
-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: noth1ng]
    #1406216 -

Those poster/art/print tube holders....not the cheapo ones, but the nice sturdy ones, with metal rims....but I dunno if they come in the size you want them in...I think Home Depot would probably be your best shot too...


--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #1406302 -

I'm going to hit a carpet store tomorrow.  I think they might have what I need for tubing.  Mabey not quite that big, I'm not sure, I haven't been in a carpet store in years.  I bet they'll have the carpet I need for the project too. :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: superpimp]
    #1406811 -

If you want the really big stuff, you should look into sonotube. This is the stuff they use as a form for casting cylindrical concrete pillars. It's widely used by amateur telescope makers when they need a cheap tube to build their telescope in. You probably want to check on what sort of coating is on the tube (to keep the concrete from sticking to it).

Short of that, the carpet companies usually have some OK tubes. Most of theirs are not as big as you might think.


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: superpimp]
    #1406820 -

try a news paper factory, we go down to the local star telegram printing factory and get big ass rolls of paper for free, and they are rolled on those big ass tubes like your talking about.


--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: superpimp]
    #1406905 -

I read this post before I went to Costco, and I found a kick ass 3 story one for 20 bucks. Seems the best deal to me, no work for me all play for the lovely kitty. Your pussy deserves to be pampered, so just do it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: DragonEyes]
    #1407027 -

a carpert store is definately the place to go..


--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: felix]
    #1407893 -

I work at office max and we sell this nice thick tubes for mailing shit in.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: baraka]
    #1407965 -

get a 4inch pvc pipe, some liquid nail and a few screws
at home depot..



--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: 40oz]
    #1408104 -

I don't think my cat would fit into a 4" PVC pipe.  Thanks though. :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: superpimp]
    #1408600 -

Quote:
Need a big ass cardboard tube


  I was waiting for someone to throw in the obligatory hamster or gerbil comment...good thing this isn't OTD :wink:


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: superpimp]
    #1408608 -

ok what the hell are you trying to make? i thought you were trying to make a scratching post, because of your mention of carpet, i thought of one of those carpeted things cats scratch on.


--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: A0999]
    #1408714 -

I want to make something like this, but bigger and taller.
http://www.petsmart.com/products/product_26102.shtml

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: 40oz]
    #1408915 -

"some liquid nail "

wtf is that, glue?


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: Phluck]
    #1408929 -

It's in the more broad category of epoxies, but when it comes down to it, yeah, it's glue. Liquid Nails. You can get much better products though, epoxies that you mix together yourself are much, much stronger.


--------------------
ha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: shroominbloom]
    #1409256 -

Yeah, I've got some epoxy like that. It glues shit like a motherfucker.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a big ass cardboard tube [Re: Phluck]
    #1409714 -

I love that stuff! I worked at a hardware store in high school (2-3 years back) and I used to run the store by myself . . . I used to love fucking around with that stuff. One day my friend and I wanted to make a bong, so we made a "nice" piece out of some PVC and a watering can . . . the epoxy sealed it all up airtight. Ah, the sentimental value. We drove around a bit and got my friend who didn't smoke that much sooo stoned that he didn't talk for literally 3 hrs and then passed out on the couch . . . damn those were the days.


--------------------
ha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Telescopes/. JaRRn 1,176 10 02/14/05 07:10 AM
by niteowl
* I hate nosy ass fucking neighbors!!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Skunk420 10,224 83 12/07/04 01:46 PM
by Mounsteen
* Introduction, myself, shrooms and all the things under my carpet
( 1 2 all )
kAAk 4,311 27 03/15/05 06:32 PM
by boO
* Magic Carpet Ride kadakuda 540 4 12/09/04 10:54 PM
by kadakuda
* Being a 'handyman' sucks ass!! ToTheSummit 1,104 3 01/13/04 12:19 AM
by oDin
* The Magic Carpet Ride ChiefThunderbong 446 3 05/01/04 06:54 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* I swear my ass (butt) plays jokes on me
( 1 2 all )
Cracked Egg 1,008 27 05/05/21 06:52 AM
by christopera
* lava tubes oDin 1,056 10 04/12/05 01:11 PM
by Anubis

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,702 topic views. 1 members, 46 guests and 255 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.