Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Do your own taxes?
    #13887150 -

I just got my w2, but I've always had an attorney do my taxes. I want to do them myself to get them out of the way and get my money back as fast as possible.

Does anyone file their own taxes? If so where and can they be done online for free?


--------------------
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do your own taxes? [Re: grassman]
    #13887185 -

Well I usually just "find" a copy of turbo tax deluxe and use that.

There is also a free turbo tax edition but that is basically just federal and uses the 1040EZ form.

http://www.hrblock.com/ also has a free version which is similar to the free Turbo tax.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do your own taxes? [Re: grassman]
    #13887189 -

I saw a commercial for TaxACT and was considering it. I THINK it's completely free...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do your own taxes? [Re: grassman]
    #13887190 -

I did them for my girlfriend online last year. 
http://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/free-edition.jsp

We used this and had no problems and she got a nice refund.  Used it for both state and federal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do your own taxes? [Re: grassman]
    #13887266 -

IMO it depends on how complex your taxes are.

If you only have a single W2 then doing them yourself is pretty easy.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do your own taxes? [Re: badchad]
    #13887321 -

turbotax is the shit :thumbup:


--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do your own taxes? [Re: RandomHero]
    #13887429 -

I saw a commercial for H&R Block doing them for free until Feb 15th, may be mistaken though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do your own taxes? [Re: giza]
    #13887724 -

Probably differs by location, but I had a horribel experience with H&R block once.  Never again.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* fucking TurboTax, help? KetamineKatalyst 778 10 02/15/08 11:43 AM
by Rebirtha
* .
( 1 2 all )
z_x_x_z 2,819 20 07/22/10 06:38 PM
by scienceguy
* Just got a weird email from turbotax Ogla 2,967 10 07/23/13 08:20 AM
by badchad
* taxes Daytripper420 1,036 8 02/26/06 09:17 PM
by Daytripper420
* Turbotax say I owe $101,928 in taxes.
( 1 2 all )
spyder 1,732 25 03/23/09 02:25 PM
by xswaveyx
* Turbotax 2009 Fed + State + e-file encryptor 1,341 14 02/25/10 06:26 PM
by Rebirtha
* calling tax experts zSDMF 542 13 02/04/10 09:06 PM
by zSDMF
* Can anyone answer a question about late taxes? WakeboardrB 655 7 04/27/06 02:22 AM
by Festivus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
374 topic views. 1 members, 43 guests and 85 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.