Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
A Portland monthly that locals should check out....Flyer added)
    #13814437 -

So, the crew I Am in puts on a monthly psychedelic event called "psyche".  There are usually 2 rooms: 1 psytrance, 1 chillout.    Lots of deco, usually a kitchen for vege food and chai. live art!  Good people.

I would love to see some shroomerites come out.

Febuary 5th will the next one, and I am headlining  :awesome::awesome::awesome:


this is what the average show looks like:




info for feb 5th:

Breath, life, soul, mind.

On February 5th, 2011 we welcome you to your imagination.

Metacrew is proud to present;
"Psyche - In the  Forest" A Psychedelic Monthly.

J'abe'S Lounge (21+)
331 NW Davis Ave.
Portland, OR 97209

9:00pm ­ 3:00am


Admission: $7 for full party, first half free!
Front Room: Open to the public - Ambient, Downtempo & IDM
Back Room: Psychedelic Trance area will be $7 for entry

Journey deep within the mind¹s eye to find the truth above all that is
impermanentŠ

Our psychic navigators for this mission:

In the Forest : Psychedelic Trance

PILTDOWN SOUND - Blipswitch Digital- Portland [Techno / LIVE PA]
http://www.facebook.com/piltdown.sound

MR MASK - Atomic Elements- La Paz, Bolivia / Olympia [Suomi/Psytrance]
http://www.soundcloud.com/mr_mask

SINENSIS - Metacrew- Elephant Head Records, Metacrew [Forest Psy]
http://www.soundcloud.com/sinensis

ZOOPY - Garbage Marmalade- Olympia / EUG [Neuro Psy]

Visuals by Dreamer
Decor by Monica & Metacrew
Live art by Nemo.org

Dragons Den: Down-tempo, Ambient, IDM Lounge
B0T23 - Buried In Time, PDX [downtempo/idm djset]
DEVON - Ambient Awakenings, PDX [ambient/downtempo]
DRO1D (live IDM/Experimental) - PDX [idm/experimental live]
WAATER - Metacrew, PDX [downbient]

Fabric Art by Arun

INFOLINE::: 888 666 1492

More information at: www.metacrew.com
We look forward to your presence!




--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (01/23/11 07:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: Psy Baba]
    #13814524 -

Looks like fun. Bit far for me to travel tho :mad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: lewisplanthead]
    #13814549 -

where you at?


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: Psy Baba]
    #13815248 -

I would love to go to these things without feeling like i am the creepy old guy there. I am 45 but love to trip and dance in this type of environment. Does that make me immature? I do not want to have sex with any of these children, but I can feel the tension when I show up. It is ageism at a lot of these shows. They think I am a cop or a pervert. *SIGH* Some of the people think it is just for teens to 20 somethings. I do not want to go all the time, but I do like it sometimes. I remember when this all started in the  early/mid 80's and X was legal/free. Actually the shit started in warehouses in the Fillmore didn't it? LOL


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: Psy Baba]
    #13815437 -

Looks awesome, man.  I'll definitely have to check it out.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #13815469 -

tyrannicalrex said:
I would love to go to these things without feeling like i am the creepy old guy there. I am 45 but love to trip and dance in this type of environment. Does that make me immature? I do not want to have sex with any of these children, but I can feel the tension when I show up. It is ageism at a lot of these shows. They think I am a cop or a pervert. *SIGH* Some of the people think it is just for teens to 20 somethings. I do not want to go all the time, but I do like it sometimes. I remember when this all started in the  early/mid 80's and X was legal/free. Actually the shit started in warehouses in the Fillmore didn't it? LOL



dude, the crowd that goes to psytrance ranges from 5-75.  It is a family vibe with no judgments, you know, as long as you are a kind individual.

One of the producers and local chill dj's is 75 and rocks the house.

You will be fine and warmly accepted.  did not know you were near.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (01/19/11 05:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: Silversoul]
    #13815476 -

Silversoul said:
Looks awesome, man.  I'll definitely have to check it out.



Would love to see you out!  it had been ages.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: Psy Baba]
    #13815542 -

I'm having trouble finding the place on Google Street View.  Is it like a second story place with a street entrance tucked away somewhere?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: Psy Baba]
    #13815787 -

I am not near now but I will be in a few months. Not near but the opportunity/means to get there. The Texas scene is what I have experienced only and if you have ever been to Dallas you know what I mean. Big D was voted one of the ten most rude cities recently by a poll I read today. The ones I went to were inside though. Just raves not psytrance parties. I have read about the diff and am wanting to see it badly.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: Silversoul]
    #13815824 -

Silversoul said:
I'm having trouble finding the place on Google Street View.  Is it like a second story place with a street entrance tucked away somewhere?



not sure, I will see it soon. I do know it is in china town and has chinese deco inside which is pretty badass looking.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #13815833 -

tyrannicalrex said:
I am not near now but I will be in a few months. Not near but the opportunity/means to get there. The Texas scene is what I have experienced only and if you have ever been to Dallas you know what I mean. Big D was voted one of the ten most rude cities recently by a poll I read today. The ones I went to were inside though. Just raves not psytrance parties. I have read about the diff and am wanting to see it badly.



well let me know when you have the means to be over here and ill let you know what is happening.  in a few months it will be outdoor season and that is when the real fun starts :awecid:


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: Psy Baba]
    #13818601 -

That sounds like a lot of fun, I might check it out on the 5th. I bet a bunch of my friends would be down to go. You should let us know when you've seen the venue. I'm curious how chill the chill room is, and if there is water/bathrooms, since its a 6 hour event. I guess if there is usually a kitchen its probably pretty accommodating.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: psilyguy]
    #13818645 -

psilyguy said:
That sounds like a lot of fun, I might check it out on the 5th. I bet a bunch of my friends would be down to go. You should let us know when you've seen the venue. I'm curious how chill the chill room is, and if there is water/bathrooms, since its a 6 hour event. I guess if there is usually a kitchen its probably pretty accommodating.



I have seen pictures of interior. looks pretty cool.  The chill room will be free, and of course there will be bathrooms and water. It is also a bar so there will be drinks.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... *DELETED* [Re: Psy Baba]
    #13818792 -

Post deleted by Janamil

Reason for deletion: .


Edited by Janamil (01/20/11 08:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: Janamil]
    #13818794 -

you are free to just do your thing :smile:, might be a great experience for you.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: Janamil]
    #13818811 -

Yeah man, whatever happens. Its nice to know theres like minded people around though for when I am ready.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: Janamil]
    #13818845 -

Woohoow goa

CHEERS :awedance:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out.... [Re: Janamil]
    #13820284 -

Janamil said:
Yeah man, whatever happens. Its nice to know theres like minded people around though for when I am ready.



Def man.

Also beanhead, I forget, are you near?


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: A Portland monthly that locals should check out....Flyer added) [Re: Psy Baba]
    #13881709 -

once and final bump for 1 week to go.

  Also, I should mention that Flashbulb will be playing about 4 blocks away , and felguk also has a show in PDX the same night.  So, there are going to be lots of people on the streets, lots of party's happening, lots of cool shit going down.

  I have a 12:30 - 1:45 slot, so if anyone decides to stop by, by all means, come say hi to me, introduce yourself!


PS: just found out we will also be having an  ethnobotanical herbal tea vendor.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (01/31/11 12:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Local bands on tour djfrog 1,370 5 05/26/03 08:50 PM
by Hooty
* Check this out... DailyPot 1,825 8 11/29/03 05:43 PM
by DailyPot
* Stuff to do/things to see in Portland, Or?
( 1 2 all )
Adom 3,158 20 07/24/04 06:53 PM
by F00k
* anyone in university near portland or British Columbia?? gladimnotinrehab 961 6 10/30/03 10:16 AM
by gladimnotinrehab
* Check out my bitchin new alcohol lamp I made!
( 1 2 all )
Baby_Hitler 4,684 20 03/10/03 11:24 PM
by felix
* Well, I made it to Portland Adom 515 2 07/01/04 12:40 AM
by Adom
* Check Out My Record Collection! (Pic & List of Albums...) RebelSteve33 2,703 9 05/20/03 05:16 PM
by RebelSteve33
* I found a kitten! [PICS ADDED]
( 1 2 all )
Meph 4,602 26 10/05/09 05:15 PM
by purified

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,268 topic views. 6 members, 13 guests and 90 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.