Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemichroom
Stranger
WE NEED TO SUPPOORT OUR TROOPS!
    #1381351 - 03/16/03 03:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I would just like to say that we need to show more support for our troops. Think about the sacrifices those guys make to defend our freedom. I am so thankful that we have people willing to fight and give their lives so that the rest of us don't have to live in fear of terrorism. We need to show these people more respect. Our millitary says that Saddam is a threat. Why should we not belive them and give them our full support in dealing with the threat? These are our friends and family in the millitary telling us that we are in danger. I would rather trust them with my safety then the president of France. It's time for us all to stand up as one and be real Americans. We need to show the rest of the world that they can't test the resolve of the American people. I am so proud to be an American and I'll be god damned if I'm going to let the fruit cake president of punk ass France tell me about my safety and the safety of my family. My feelings of safety come from knowing that over in the desert there is Americans sitting in trenches ready to die to protect all of us. I thank them for that everyday.

EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO BARE ARMS!
www.gunsamerica.com

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsilo25
The one stuck inthe middle ofthis hopelessmess.

Loc: over here
Re: WE NEED TO SUPPOORT OUR TROOPS! [Re: michroom]
    #1381363 - 03/16/03 03:06 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

So you're telling me I should just blindly believe everything that the government tells me, and follow them in everything they do like some stupid dog? Fuck that. I DO support the troops. However, I DO NOT support the war.

--------------------
Stand up for your freedoms, join the fight against the War on Drugs!

www.drcnet.org
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
www.drugsense.org

Invisibleadrug

#1381366 - 03/16/03 03:07 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I too love America...and I am also glad that we have people who are willing to fight and die to preserve our 'freedom'. But I still don't support the current administration OR the planned war with Iraq. I wonder how many members of the military are actually in full support of this war?

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1381368 - 03/16/03 03:07 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Nice speech...but a little too blindly patriotic for my liking.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (03/16/03 03:08 PM)

Anonymous

#1381393 - 03/16/03 03:16 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Think about the sacrifices those guys make to defend our freedom

if they were out there defending our freedom, i'd support them. fact is, they're not.

I am so thankful that we have people willing to fight and give their lives so that the rest of us don't have to live in fear of terrorism.

the meddlings of our military fuel anti-american sentiment around the world, and hence, terrorism. you don't have to live in fear of terrorism anyway. i don't. nor do most americans.

Our millitary says that Saddam is a threat.

our military also though that vietnam was a good idea. the military always loves going to war. we've got a handful of politicians that say saddam is a threat. fact is, he had nothing to do with 9-11 and going after him now will only make us more vulnerable to terrorist attack.

Why should we not belive them and give them our full support in dealing with the threat?

because there are real facts available that say otherwise.

It's time for us all to stand up as one and be real Americans.

indeed. it really is.

My feelings of safety come from knowing that over in the desert there is Americans sitting in trenches ready to die to protect all of us.

attacking saddam hussein right now is far more dangerous than not attacking him. he is of no threat to the united states. have you ever heard of north korea?

methinks you watch too much fox news.

OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
Re: WE NEED TO SUPPOORT OUR TROOPS! [Re: ]
    #1381450 - 03/16/03 03:40 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

freedom?....AHHHHHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! {wipes tears from eyes} thanks i needed that!!!! freedom he says, how sweet. hahaha... freedom.

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

Anonymous

Re: WE NEED TO SUPPOORT OUR TROOPS! [Re: FatNug]
    #1381459 - 03/16/03 03:43 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

/me laughs at the lefist who thinks he knows what freedom is

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1381492 - 03/16/03 03:56 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not sure if you're being completely sarcastic in your post, but, I'll treat it as if it indeed the way you feel. :smile:

Thats cool that you're so patriotic, America is cool... at times...

Quote:

I am so thankful that we have people willing to fight and give their lives so that the rest of us don't have to live in fear of terrorism.

Riiighhhtt... And bombing Iraq will make everyone in the world happy...

HELLO?! This is just fueling the fire for countries/people who already have a huge hatred towards America. If anything, terrorism will be getting MUCH worse after we bomb Iraq. They aren't going to be scared of the US, the US is just as penetrable as any other country. What makes you think we are any safer? We will have much more to worry about after the first bomb is dropped upon Iraq.

This hatred towards America will only be prolonged as well. The children now who see American planes dropping bombs and killing THEIR FAMILY AND FRIENDS will develop a hatred, and this will continue through their children, unless something is done soon.

Stop being so selfish, we already have it good in America, why must we fuck up so many other people's lifes who have already struggled so much?
Quote:

Think about the sacrifices those guys make to defend our freedom.

Defending our freedom? Maybe defending our oil reserves... How is killing a bunch of Iraqi civilians who are already suffering help our freedom ? I dont really see the connection.

Quote:

I would rather trust them with my safety then the president of France.

Yeah, because our president is a lot less corrupt...  :crazy:

Quote:

It's time for us all to stand up as one and be real Americans.

You're saying that we should go back to Europe? Or, to just rape and colonize more countries?

Quote:

I am so proud to be an American and I'll be god damned if I'm going to let the fruit cake president of punk ass France tell me about my safety and the safety of my family.

Great, now you're saying he's gay and a punk... At least he's more open minded than you are.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1381507 - 03/16/03 04:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

"Protect our freedom?" Oh, please. What a crock of shit.
This kind of attitude is why people all around the world were burning American flags yesterday.

The billion dollars a day that we are currently spending on "defense" has nothing to do with defending ourselves. America is in no danger from Iraq and never has been. Saddam suddenly became a threat again when Bush realized there was no chance of finding Osama, there was nothing left to bomb in Afghanistan, and his approval rating was slipping again. All our military ever does is play world police, pick fights halfway around the world, and replace one third-world dictator with another. No one's stupid enough to actually attack the U.S. (Well, maybe N. Korea is, but do you see Bush giving them any ultimatums to disarm?)
The only thing our miltitary is currently protecting is our oil supply and our geopolitical power interests. Is this still supposed to be the War On Terrorism? Iraq has nothing to do with terrorists. Why aren't we bombing the Saudis?

So no, I don't support our troops.
As there's no draft (yet) everyone in the army is there on their own free will- this is what they signed up to do, and I don't have sympathy for them if they end up getting shot.

I'm not a pacifist, I'd join the military myself if we were in a situation where we really needed protecting. I'd pick up a rifle and go die for a just cause. But if these other dumbasses really want to die to protect Cheney's Haliburton stock, well, good for them.

BTW- I think you mean "bear arms..."

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1381835 - 03/16/03 06:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I support our troops.

I want to see them come home safely this minute.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: WE NEED TO SUPPOORT OUR TROOPS! [Re: Learyfan]
    #1381867 - 03/16/03 06:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

This thread is a perfect example of why you should carefully analyze all the available information before reaching a conclusion.

michroom, you don't seem to know anything about what is happening.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1382425 - 03/17/03 03:34 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Ive spoken to 3 English soldiers over the last couple of months and none of them support the war. They are just going to do a job. Of course I support them in that I want them to return safely but they dont get my support for what they are doing and I dont think they particularly want it.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1382725 - 03/17/03 06:02 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The blinding ignorance and uneducated tone of your post makes me highly suspicious of your motives on the Shroomery. Sounds like you are being paid by a government agency such as the DEA to come on this board and spread naive misinformation, or you are blissfully BLIND to what is really going on.

Edited by chodamunky (03/17/03 12:25 PM)

Offlinemichroom
Stranger
Re: WE NEED TO SUPPOORT OUR TROOPS! [Re: chodamunky]
    #1383714 - 03/17/03 11:33 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Damn! I did not think that I would catch so much flack for that post! I really did not mean to offend anyone. I totally respect everyones opinion. The difference in peoples opinions are what this country is founded on. Everyone has a right to free speech.

As for all those who don't support Bush. Too bad. You should of voted. If you did vote and the election did not go your way, you need to do more to support your canidate next election. People keep bad talking the government and they fail to relize that the government is us. These elected officials work for us you know.

P.S. Chodamunky You call me a uneducated government agent just because of my political views and the fact that I don't share the same views as you? Does your opinion count and mine doesn't? Calling names? Grow up. Look who is ignorant. Next time think before you post.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1383955 - 03/17/03 12:36 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

P.S. Chodamunky You call me a uneducated government agent just because of my political views and the fact that I don't share the same views as you?
Yes. or the other option I stated.

Does your opinion count and mine doesn't?
Your opinion is equally important as mine, I never stated your views don't matter.  I just completely diagree with them. 

Next time think before you post.
Why do you think so many people gave you "flack" for your post hmmmmm? Maybe saying you are ignorant because of your views was a little harsh on my part, especially on a new member, so I take it back. Welcome to the Shroomery  :smirk:

Edited by chodamunky (03/17/03 12:51 PM)

Offlineshroomer girlie
Princess

Loc: Neverland
    #1384904 - 03/17/03 05:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have a comment to make on this issue. I am in full support of our troops, because it is my father who is being shipped out on Thursday to help defend our country. He is doing what he promised to do when he signed up with the Navy. I only wish that I was half as strong as my father. It is people like him that help us to be the nation we are. I am very proud to be an American, and have people like my father protecting me, because I know that they'll do a damn good job of it.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: WE NEED TO SUPPOORT OUR TROOPS! [Re: shroomer girlie]
    #1384956 - 03/17/03 05:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

and have people like my father protecting me,

Protecting you from what, too high oil prices?

PS, your father is a brave man, he, along with all of our other troops have my support, but I don't support Bush and his war.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1384965 - 03/17/03 05:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

don't feel bad, chodamonky that was the first thing i thought, but this post is an example of why i don't come to the political fourms much anymore.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlineshroomer girlie
Princess

Loc: Neverland
Re: WE NEED TO SUPPOORT OUR TROOPS! [Re: Skikid16]
    #1384981 - 03/17/03 05:18 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'm the wrong person to discuss our current president. I hold quite a grudge with President Bush. He's sending my father to help boost his arrogance. Sorry to offend the Bush-supporters, but he lost my support when he decided to ship out troops to boost his ego. Supporting our troops and supporting Bush's war are two different things. I thank you, Ski, for knowing the difference. I just wish everyone else did.

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
    #1384990 - 03/17/03 05:20 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

They are there by choice.

Terrorism....you mean oil?? :confused:

Saddam will be replaced 10X over.

"bear arms" he,he.. :smile:

Yes, Learyfan, now i feel much safer.

Michroom, i think we should worry more about proctecting our freedoms "over here." 

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion