Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13765652 -

Prisoner#1 said:
now keep in mind, it's one of the most extensive cave systems in the world, since 1963 they've been mapping it and even though I've been in it numerous times, I'm yet to seen even half

here's the complete map to date

http://www.hucosystems.com/Pettyjohn%20Cave.pdf


partial maps

http://www.hucosystems.com/articles/Mile%201.htg/Mile%201.pdf

this is one I've worked from for several years





holy shits Batman!!! i had no idea the cave system was that large! thanks for the links to the maps. i'll comb through 'em.

also, i'll keep an eye out for creatures that might want to eat me (not if i eat 'em first!).


--------------------


"We are all intoxicated. We were born into an insane asylum, a world crazy-making. We believe what we see and hear. The real myth is the myth of sanity, of rationality: it's a disease that is eating away at the earth. All the poisons flow from our denial. We deny madness, we forget our crimes, we dismember the corpse, we imprison our children. We need poison to poison the poison, to remember the sacred nature of intoxication, the green body of the young god." ~ Dale Pendell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: gerryjarcia]
    #13765729 -

gerryjarcia said:
also, i'll keep an eye out for creatures that might want to eat me (not if i eat 'em first!).




You mean creatures like these? :grin:



--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Ballerium]
    #13766290 -

I'm in Gainesville and the only time I left the house was a beer run this morning!!! Tons of snow this year!



And go falcons.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Odum]
    #13766296 -

Odum said:
I'm in Gainesville and the only time I left the house was a beer run this morning!!! Tons of snow this year!



And go falcons.



Damn alchies and their booze! Risking life or death to run out and get it! :lol:


--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: gerryjarcia]
    #13766359 -

gerryjarcia said:
holy shits Batman!!! i had no idea the cave system was that large! thanks for the links to the maps. i'll comb through 'em.

also, i'll keep an eye out for creatures that might want to eat me (not if i eat 'em first!).



it really is an extensive cave system, about 8 miles that are explored
and mapped that I'm aware of and keep an eye out for an albino bat, I've
always seen him between the pancake squeeze and right before the z bend


BTW, Ellison's had a writeup in National Geographic, it's the second
deepest pit in the US, definitely more than a first timer wants but
something to look forward too... ignore screech owl cave, it's useless,
ellisons blue hole is pretty cool, around the back side of the mountain
from pettyjohn




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13766366 -

Holy shit that's deep..


--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Ballerium]
    #13766403 -

pris, how far is that cave system from your property?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Ballerium]
    #13766445 -

around 600 feet

georgia, alabama and tennessee, basically the cumberland plateau is loaded
with caves, some are just incredible others are a real pain because you do
a lot of work to get in only for he disappointment of finding out it goes
about 50 feet on a belly crawl

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2009/06/tag-caves/alvarez-photography

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: citricacidx]
    #13766471 -

citricacidx said:
pris, how far is that cave system from your property?



about 40 miles

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: citricacidx]
    #13766515 -

Here in Kennesaw, we got about 6 inches.  Schools closed again tomorrow, but I still have to be at my radio internship at 5:30.

Some pics:








One day, I will be too old to think drawing boobs in the snow is funny.  That day is not today.


--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13766654 -

Yo purplekush, you go to KSU? I'm thinking bout transfering there from perimeter for a degree in finance. I hear KSU's finance department is getting really good.

I know GSU is good too but i would rather go to KSU. Got any advice or info man?


--------------------
The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to selfishness;
From selfishness to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: PurpleKush]
    #13766661 -

PurpleKush said:
One day, I will be too old to think drawing boobs in the snow is funny.  That day is not today.






I snickered.... you may have to wait a few years

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Odum]
    #13766701 -

Odum said:
I'm in Atlanta and the only time I left the house was a beer run this morning!!! Tons of snow this year!



And go PACKERS!



:cool:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Rainman420]
    #13766892 -

Rainman420 said:
Yo purplekush, you go to KSU? I'm thinking bout transfering there from perimeter for a degree in finance. I hear KSU's finance department is getting really good.

I know GSU is good too but i would rather go to KSU. Got any advice or info man?



I hear good things about our business schools in general.  I'm a communications major, but I have a few friends who have gotten finance degrees and now have good jobs.  Everyone says accounting is a bitch, but I'm sure it's not easy anywhere.

As a whole, the school is pretty good.  You definitely have to make an extra effort to find the "college experience" there.  It doesn't seem like there's as much going on at my school as other schools I've been too.  No football, dry campus, redneck cops, no real local bars.  If you just want to get in and get out, KSU is good for that.

I do have some problems with how the school spends its money.  Parking is a nightmare, and it's only gotten worse since I've been there in 2005.  I'll graduate in December, and I can't wait to get away from it.  Most of the students are commuters so there are thousands of people driving to campus a day, it makes for shitty traffic and parking.

Meanwhile, we have a giant million dollar statue of earth that fell to pieces the first time it was built because it wasn't sealed correctly and freezing temperatures shattered it.  So we rebuilt the million dollar statue.  Just seems like a waste to me.

The students are about the same as I'd imagine at any other college.  Lots of cool people, lots of douche bags.

If all you want is to get a respectful education, KSU is a fine school.  But if you want to feel like you went to college, go elsewhere.


--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13766896 -

Prisoner#1 said:
PurpleKush said:
One day, I will be too old to think drawing boobs in the snow is funny.  That day is not today.






I snickered.... you may have to wait a few years



I hope so.  I want to still laugh at fart jokes when I'm 80. :yesnod:


--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Odum]
    #13766901 -

Odum said:
I'm in Gainesville and the only time I left the house was a beer run this morning!!! Tons of snow this year!



And go falcons.





--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: PurpleKush]
    #13766970 -

PurpleKush said:
Odum said:
I'm in Gainesville and the only time I left the house was a beer run this morning!!! Tons of snow this year!



And go falcons.







gotta like that home field advantage


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: PurpleKush]
    #13766978 -

PurpleKush said:
Rainman420 said:
Yo purplekush, you go to KSU? I'm thinking bout transfering there from perimeter for a degree in finance. I hear KSU's finance department is getting really good.

I know GSU is good too but i would rather go to KSU. Got any advice or info man?



I hear good things about our business schools in general.  I'm a communications major, but I have a few friends who have gotten finance degrees and now have good jobs.  Everyone says accounting is a bitch, but I'm sure it's not easy anywhere.

As a whole, the school is pretty good.  You definitely have to make an extra effort to find the "college experience" there.  It doesn't seem like there's as much going on at my school as other schools I've been too.  No football, dry campus, redneck cops, no real local bars.  If you just want to get in and get out, KSU is good for that.

I do have some problems with how the school spends its money.  Parking is a nightmare, and it's only gotten worse since I've been there in 2005.  I'll graduate in December, and I can't wait to get away from it.  Most of the students are commuters so there are thousands of people driving to campus a day, it makes for shitty traffic and parking.

Meanwhile, we have a giant million dollar statue of earth that fell to pieces the first time it was built because it wasn't sealed correctly and freezing temperatures shattered it.  So we rebuilt the million dollar statue.  Just seems like a waste to me.

The students are about the same as I'd imagine at any other college.  Lots of cool people, lots of douche bags.

If all you want is to get a respectful education, KSU is a fine school.  But if you want to feel like you went to college, go elsewhere.



Thanks for the reply man. I was on track to transfer to GA Tech for Electrical Engineering but I'm pretty sure after messing up my grades so badly (my current gpa is a 1.7, yea i fucked up) that is probably not possible. I did good in the math and science classes but failed a lot of stuff cause i didn't go to class much...

So yeah I'm thinking bout going into finance with a minor in computer science at this point and don't have the funds for much else.

Although there is a lot of people telling me its really hard to find work with a finance degree I want to go into corporate finance so I believe if I work hard I can get a successful job after college.  But I'm still researching everything.


--------------------
The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to selfishness;
From selfishness to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13767611 -

Prisoner#1 said:
it really is an extensive cave system, about 8 miles that are explored
and mapped that I'm aware of and keep an eye out for an albino bat, I've
always seen him between the pancake squeeze and right before the z bend


BTW, Ellison's had a writeup in National Geographic, it's the second
deepest pit in the US, definitely more than a first timer wants but
something to look forward too... ignore screech owl cave, it's useless,
ellisons blue hole is pretty cool, around the back side of the mountain
from pettyjohn







albino bat, eh? i'll tell 'em you said hi :hi:

i've read up a little on the Cumberland Plateau. the geology of this area is really fascinating. my friend and I had a conversation about what it might be like to trip in a cave. would be insane for sure.

ever tried it?


--------------------


"We are all intoxicated. We were born into an insane asylum, a world crazy-making. We believe what we see and hear. The real myth is the myth of sanity, of rationality: it's a disease that is eating away at the earth. All the poisons flow from our denial. We deny madness, we forget our crimes, we dismember the corpse, we imprison our children. We need poison to poison the poison, to remember the sacred nature of intoxication, the green body of the young god." ~ Dale Pendell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: gerryjarcia]
    #13767652 -

Anyone find it particularly amusing that Nathan Deal was sworn in yesterday in stony silence with no fanfare and his inauguration ball was canceled?  I know I do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Snow....7 inches already!
( 1 2 all )
Ripple 2,607 30 12/12/03 09:24 PM
by HidingInPlainSight
* snow LouisSkolnick 805 13 02/21/05 03:49 PM
by 40oz
* A drive... dee_N_ae 1,123 10 01/26/03 08:13 PM
by Sheepish
* People + Driving + Snow Madtowntripper 555 5 01/06/05 12:32 AM
by Xionide
* Needing a ride **Chicago Heads*** (chicago to East Troy) wizard585 612 1 07/09/04 07:52 PM
by GGreatOne234
* good reason ur wife shouldn't drive ur truck n the snow Chills420 version2 736 3 02/19/03 05:18 AM
by SonnyBoy
* Snow blizzard here...
( 1 2 all )
kosmic_charlie 3,679 33 01/22/05 09:37 PM
by TM
* Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one?
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 4,213 23 01/31/05 10:10 PM
by blissedout

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,624 topic views. 4 members, 11 guests and 161 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.