Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: citricacidx]
    #13763375 -

we've got some drifts that are about a foot deep, average seems to
be about 6" and there's a light layer of ice in the open areas and
all powder under the trees


I'm getting some pics together to upload

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: citricacidx]
    #13763537 -

citricacidx said:


This is my cousin front windshield. We were able to dig out the fluffy snow beneath the layer of ice.




That second pic is awesome! Thats about what our snow is like too. I just got back in from sledding down the driveway. It was loads of fun, but I ran into the front porch and jammed the sled up under the steps, smashed a flower pot, and another time almost went straight into the lake :rofl:

All the rednecks are riding around on their four wheelers doing donuts :lol:


--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Ballerium]
    #13763564 -

these are mostly from just one side of my driveway












Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13763578 -

That's fucking awesome pris!

One day I wanna make it out to Rancho Priso... ner#1.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13763583 -

Nice property Pris :grin: I envy you, I would kill to live up near the mountains.


--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: citricacidx]
    #13763725 -

citricacidx said:
That's fucking awesome pris!

One day I wanna make it out to Rancho Priso... ner#1.



what you see is about 1/4 of the place, basically what's in front of the
barn, stepped terraces, beyond the trees near the pond is some woods and
another pond, the other side has a few pastures and some woods, there's
been lots of 4 wheeler/motorcycle trails cut



I'm taking my kids redneck sledding in a little bit down this hill
it's steep and about 80 feet, it's the clear snowy thing that looks
like a road



anyway, it's not that far from either of you, strangely I've been
through newnan many times to do some work at Calloway and in the pine
mountain area, Ballerium should know it pretty well, I'm not far Martha
Berry Highway (hwy 27). I've considered hosting a gathering, everyone
meets here, drive to location pretty central to most of the south east,
it's mountains with caves and other cool places to have some fun

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13763824 -

Prisoner#1 said:
it's mountains with caves and other cool places to have some fun



caves!!! fuck yeah! me and a small crew of folks are planning a trip to a cave in NW GA called Petty Johns. ever heard of it?


--------------------


"We are all intoxicated. We were born into an insane asylum, a world crazy-making. We believe what we see and hear. The real myth is the myth of sanity, of rationality: it's a disease that is eating away at the earth. All the poisons flow from our denial. We deny madness, we forget our crimes, we dismember the corpse, we imprison our children. We need poison to poison the poison, to remember the sacred nature of intoxication, the green body of the young god." ~ Dale Pendell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13763826 -

Yeah, I love going to Callaway Gardens :grin:

And I know where Martha Berry Highway is. I've been on that road several times to go to Rome.

I would love to go to a gathering! There's alot of GA Shroomerites it seems..


--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: gerryjarcia]
    #13763886 -

gerryjarcia said:
Prisoner#1 said:
it's mountains with caves and other cool places to have some fun



caves!!! fuck yeah! me and a small crew of folks are planning a trip to a cave in NW GA called Petty Johns. ever heard of it?




I'm very well acquainted with petty johns, it's the area I was referring
to, been hitting that place for 25 years, I even took several shroomerites
there a few years back when they were in LaFayette for a festival

a few thousand feet of rope and gear you can hit ellison's cave

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13763912 -

Prisoner#1 said:
gerryjarcia said:
Prisoner#1 said:
it's mountains with caves and other cool places to have some fun



caves!!! fuck yeah! me and a small crew of folks are planning a trip to a cave in NW GA called Petty Johns. ever heard of it?




I'm very well acquainted with petty johns, it's the area I was referring
to, been hitting that place for 25 years, I even took several shroomerites
there a few years back when they were in LaFayette for a festival

a few thousand feet of rope and gear you can hit ellison's cave



yeah, i dont think we'll have any ropes on hand. i'm a little stressed about the "wormhole" section of the cave. need to remind myself that all will be ok.


--------------------


"We are all intoxicated. We were born into an insane asylum, a world crazy-making. We believe what we see and hear. The real myth is the myth of sanity, of rationality: it's a disease that is eating away at the earth. All the poisons flow from our denial. We deny madness, we forget our crimes, we dismember the corpse, we imprison our children. We need poison to poison the poison, to remember the sacred nature of intoxication, the green body of the young god." ~ Dale Pendell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Ballerium]
    #13763919 -

Ballerium said:
Yeah, I love going to Callaway Gardens :grin:

And I know where Martha Berry Highway is. I've been on that road several times to go to Rome.

I would love to go to a gathering! There's alot of GA Shroomerites it seems..




well shit, if you've been to rome you've been right past me
and there's a bunch of us in the states where spores are banned,
california and georgia seem to be the highest densities in the
states for shroomerites

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Ballerium]
    #13763937 -

Ballerium said:
Yeah, I love going to Callaway Gardens :grin:

And I know where Martha Berry Highway is. I've been on that road several times to go to Rome.

I would love to go to a gathering! There's alot of GA Shroomerites it seems..



i'd love to attend a gathering! i've never met any fellow shroomites (Georgia or otherwise).


--------------------


"We are all intoxicated. We were born into an insane asylum, a world crazy-making. We believe what we see and hear. The real myth is the myth of sanity, of rationality: it's a disease that is eating away at the earth. All the poisons flow from our denial. We deny madness, we forget our crimes, we dismember the corpse, we imprison our children. We need poison to poison the poison, to remember the sacred nature of intoxication, the green body of the young god." ~ Dale Pendell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: gerryjarcia]
    #13763967 -

gerryjarcia said:
yeah, i dont think we'll have any ropes on hand. i'm a little stressed about the "wormhole" section of the cave. need to remind myself that all will be ok.



sounds like you're talking about the z bend/birth canal, that and the
pancake squeeze are the ones that get most, I've taken some large people
through the cave as well as a lot of younger ones, I took a spill off
the waterfall once, messed me up for a few weeks but it was just badly
pulled muscles, nothing serious

make sure you take clothes you can dispose of, once you're in that clay,
it's not coming out and there's a few places that are a challenge to get
to so if you're not experienced cavers take your time and team work is
paramount in several parts like the rope climb into the lower levels,
normally all that's hanging is a wire so about 30' of good rope may be
essential if you want things to go without a hitch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13764024 -

Prisoner#1 said:
sounds like you're talking about the z bend/birth canal, that and the
pancake squeeze are the ones that get most, I've taken some large people
through the cave as well as a lot of younger ones, I took a spill off
the waterfall once, messed me up for a few weeks but it was just badly
pulled muscles, nothing serious

make sure you take clothes you can dispose of, once you're in that clay,
it's not coming out and there's a few places that are a challenge to get
to so if you're not experienced cavers take your time and team work is
paramount in several parts like the rope climb into the lower levels,
normally all that's hanging is a wire so about 30' of good rope may be
essential if you want things to go without a hitch




Thanks for the advice. I'm sure we can find some length of rope somewhere. the guys i'll be heading into the cave with have been to this cave before. so thankfully they'll be able to help me negotiate the tighter spots (i'm a small guy, so i'm not worried about getting stuck. it's the mental block i'm talking about).


--------------------


"We are all intoxicated. We were born into an insane asylum, a world crazy-making. We believe what we see and hear. The real myth is the myth of sanity, of rationality: it's a disease that is eating away at the earth. All the poisons flow from our denial. We deny madness, we forget our crimes, we dismember the corpse, we imprison our children. We need poison to poison the poison, to remember the sacred nature of intoxication, the green body of the young god." ~ Dale Pendell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: gerryjarcia]
    #13764122 -

now keep in mind, it's one of the most extensive cave systems in the world, since 1963 they've been mapping it and even though I've been in it numerous times, I'm yet to seen even half

here's the complete map to date

http://www.hucosystems.com/Pettyjohn%20Cave.pdf


partial maps

http://www.hucosystems.com/articles/Mile%201.htg/Mile%201.pdf

this is one I've worked from for several years


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13764168 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Ballerium said:
Yeah, I love going to Callaway Gardens :grin:

And I know where Martha Berry Highway is. I've been on that road several times to go to Rome.

I would love to go to a gathering! There's alot of GA Shroomerites it seems..




well shit, if you've been to rome you've been right past me
and there's a bunch of us in the states where spores are banned,
california and georgia seem to be the highest densities in the
states for shroomerites



Haha, funny how it works out that way. You can count on GA to ban anything and everything first. But I'm surprised that they're banned in Cali.

I think its cool how there's so many of us though, usually whenever I join any kind of forum or chatroom or whatever, I'm the only loner from GA :lol:

We should definitely have a gathering sometime! I have never been caving, but it sounds fun, and a little scary..reading what you two are saying about it is making me think of that movie The Descent..kind of a crappy movie but these women go deep into some caves and end up getting eaten by these humanoid cave monster things :eek:


--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13764265 -

Prisoner#1 said:
I've considered hosting a gathering, everyone
meets here, drive to location pretty central to most of the south east,
it's mountains with caves and other cool places to have some fun



Prisoner#1's SE Lock Up! I'm down. Looks like you've got plenty of land too. Shit would be awesome. Once it warms up a little. like spring/early summer ish


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Ballerium]
    #13764393 -

Ballerium said:
We should definitely have a gathering sometime! I have never been caving, but it sounds fun, and a little scary..reading what you two are saying about it is making me think of that movie The Descent..kind of a crappy movie but these women go deep into some caves and end up getting eaten by these humanoid cave monster things :eek:




you dont have to worry about these humanoid cave dwelling monsters eating
you, they're vegetarians and only use humans as a flavoring in soups and stuff


(also a crappy movie)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13764932 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Ballerium said:
We should definitely have a gathering sometime! I have never been caving, but it sounds fun, and a little scary..reading what you two are saying about it is making me think of that movie The Descent..kind of a crappy movie but these women go deep into some caves and end up getting eaten by these humanoid cave monster things :eek:




you dont have to worry about these humanoid cave dwelling monsters eating
you, they're vegetarians and only use humans as a flavoring in soups and stuff


(also a crappy movie)




:lolsy:

Damn, that's almost word for word what I was describing. Never heard of that movie before though..must've been before my time :tongue2:


--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snowing in GA. Again! [Re: Ballerium]
    #13765307 -

it was really a horrible movie even for 1984 but somehow it actually had some good reviews

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Snow....7 inches already!
( 1 2 all )
Ripple 2,607 30 12/12/03 09:24 PM
by HidingInPlainSight
* snow LouisSkolnick 805 13 02/21/05 03:49 PM
by 40oz
* A drive... dee_N_ae 1,123 10 01/26/03 08:13 PM
by Sheepish
* People + Driving + Snow Madtowntripper 555 5 01/06/05 12:32 AM
by Xionide
* Needing a ride **Chicago Heads*** (chicago to East Troy) wizard585 612 1 07/09/04 07:52 PM
by GGreatOne234
* good reason ur wife shouldn't drive ur truck n the snow Chills420 version2 736 3 02/19/03 05:18 AM
by SonnyBoy
* Snow blizzard here...
( 1 2 all )
kosmic_charlie 3,679 33 01/22/05 09:37 PM
by TM
* Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one?
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 4,214 23 01/31/05 10:10 PM
by blissedout

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,624 topic views. 3 members, 19 guests and 78 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.