Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: F0SS1L]
    #13412776 -

F0SS1L said:
UFC would 100x better if there was no grappling/submissions. I'm not saying it's bad, but every single time I've turned it on and tried to give it a chance it has turned into some homo-erotic bullshit with two dudes hugging each other on the ground.



Most people can't appreciate the ground game in MMA because they dont understand it. It's not like watching them strike where u see them get hit, on the ground its a constant struggle for dominant position, and they are constantly playing a game of cat and mouse trying to set up submissions or bait/counter the other guys moves. If you understand some of the basic manuevers that can be executed from certain positions then its alot more exciting. It's not just two sweaty dudes trying to align their genitals for the crowd.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13412786 -

one (serious) theory I have as to why the WWE is still on TV is that, people like myself never got over how cool Stone Cold Steve Austin and Goldberg were when we were 7 years old.  Thank god little kids have the UFC now, lol.  when I was little if you had a "warrior hero," so to speak it was some fag in the Actor's Guild who worked for WCW/WWF.  now kids have ballers like Chuck Liddell to buy goofy t-shirts of.


but ya basically what im saying is all you big kids out there who still think Austin 3:16 and Goldberg are the coolest people on the planet, grow up.  WWF/WWE needs to die its death already.  i mean talk about beating a dead horse... fuck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: zSDMF]
    #13412801 -

Goldberg was the bomb dude did u see his entrance. And in the WCW where he got told hes fired unless he wins 100 matches or some shit and he just wrecked everyone. That shit was the best.

And The rock in WWE as well back in the confederation and ministery days , he was the best man he would always come striding straight out no matter who was in the ring, even when it was 3v1 he'd like sprint into the ring while other wrestlers would like walk timidly and wander around the ring for a minute before getting in.

AND THE LEGEND THAT IS MICK FOLEY??? that guy is a true legend.


--------------------

Edited by DosileFlynn (10/31/10 12:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: zSDMF]
    #13412805 -

I remember growing up and seeing wrestling on... come to think of it, wrestling has been around since the 80's, as far as I know. Even back then I thought it sucked. When I was 12 or so I had a friend that liked it and I thought he was lame and a little gay for it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: zSDMF]
    #13412830 -

I've been a fan of wrestling since I can remember. And no, I'm not gonna say I'm fan because of it's ridiculous things. I'm a straight up fan.

First of all, why do people watch wrestling? Why the fuck do people watch movies? So what if matches are pre-determined, big fucking deal. So is movies.

When you spend fifty five dollars on an MMA PPV, you could have twenty-three second matches. Wrestling? While the PPVs aren't always good, at least you're paying to see a show set up to be something artistic. Forget that the matches wouldn't go down like that in a real fight. If you wanna look at this way, look at it like Dragonball Z. Hitting big moves and still getting up.

Many wrestlers do this more than half the year, being on the road most of it. You try it and see if you could take all those bumps that much.

It's more than just the matches too. As stated, it's like a soap opera. They have to act, and quite a few are good at it. With MMA it's just two guys cutting promos building up a find, but nothing different. With wrestling it's a big spectacle of storylines in which they cut promos for.

It amazes me, such as, people say Brock had this great MMA match, when I've seen fixed fights of his where he got the fans so into with his ability to work a crowd through his performance in the ring. None of this hugging on the mat stuff.

I understand the analysis of MMA matches, I can see why people would be interested in it, but I don't get why people go nuts over it. Even though I don't watch it, I'd understand if boxing was still that big. MMA just doesn't interest me at all. When guy who cuts promos in MMA people praise so much for and compare him to wrestlers and says he's the best promo out there right now, but that's just because they're LIKE wrestling promos. It doesn't mean it could touch a promo Ric Flair does.

Just remember what you call white trash the next time you get into a fake movie.

I'd take this match over any MMA match any day of the week.



--------------------

Edited by SprewellSleeve (10/31/10 01:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: SprewellSleeve]
    #13412907 -

SprewellSleeve said:
I've been a fan of wrestling since I can remember. And no, I'm not gonna say I'm fan because of it's ridiculous things. I'm a straight up fan.

First of all, why do people watch wrestling? Why the fuck do people watch movies? So what if matches are pre-determined, big fucking deal. So is movies.

When you spend fifty five dollars on an MMA PPV, you could have twenty-three second matches. Wrestling? While the PPVs aren't always good, at least you're paying to see a show set up to be something artistic. Forget that the matches wouldn't go down like that in a real fight. If you wanna look at this way, look at it like Dragonball Z. Hitting big moves and still getting up.

Many wrestlers do this more than half the year, being on the road most of it. You try it and see if you could take all those bumps that much.

It's more than just the matches too. As stated, it's like a soap opera. They have to act, and quite a few are good at it. With MMA it's just two guys cutting promos building up a find, but nothing different. With wrestling it's a big spectacle of storylines in which they cut promos for.

It amazes me, such as, people say Brock had this great MMA match, when I've seen fixed fights of his where he got the fans so into with his ability to work a crowd through his performance in the ring. None of this hugging on the mat stuff.

I understand the analysis of MMA matches, I can see why people would be interested in it, but I don't get why people go nuts over it. Even though I don't watch it, I'd understand if boxing was still that big. MMA just doesn't interest me at all. When guy who cuts promos in MMA people praise so much for and compare him to wrestlers and says he's the best promo out there right now, but that's just because they're LIKE wrestling promos. It doesn't mean it could touch a promo Ric Flair does.

Just remember what you call white trash the next time you get into a fake movie.

I'd take this match over any MMA match any day of the week.






I gotta tell ya, that youtube clip sucked. When they're both crawling around on the ground trying to pin the other, and that fat white trash bitch in the background is yelling "finish him!" I couldn't take it anymore. There's only so much that I can stand


--------------------

Edited by CaptainAhab (10/31/10 02:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13413118 -

Latent homosexuality.

/thread


--------------------
Ratings are bullshit, opt out...
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10525736#10525736

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: SprewellSleeve]
    #13413374 -

Sprewell got it.

It's entertainment.  It has story lines, actors, and hot women.  The acrobatics and "moves" in today's wrestling are much more complex than those two decades ago.  They've also added in pyrotechnics, lights, etc that are similar to most sporting events and some concerts.

It's a form of entertainment like anything else.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I saw The Wrestler the other day. PyroBurns 1,255 15 01/21/09 10:50 AM
by PyroBurns
* Wrestling on Sci-FI channel motamanM 1,903 18 07/29/08 03:02 PM
by Ferris
* Ex-Wrestler In 'Bodyslam' Killing At OAP Home LobsterSauceDiscord 1,007 5 03/09/09 08:48 PM
by Set
* wwe wrestling.... CaptainH13 542 4 02/24/06 09:26 PM
by SourceLimit
* Completing Rube Goldberg Series One (New Machine Inside!)
( 1 2 3 all )
Apollyphelion 3,666 40 02/05/11 08:33 AM
by Apollyphelion
* WWE at 1A.M. - raccoon style ToTheSummit 541 1 04/16/07 09:51 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* who here watches wwe?
( 1 2 all )
Cellzaa 1,868 32 08/04/15 08:18 PM
by Janky Tits
* WWE is fake but it looks painful DebuteMachine 549 12 08/08/12 06:52 PM
by stayhigh89

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,744 topic views. 6 members, 121 guests and 159 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.