Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular?
    #13412225 -

Is there something I'm not understanding, here? Fake wrestling is popular because why? Seems a little homoerotic, to me. Barf


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13412232 -

Because nobody has the balls to fight in gladiator arenas anymore, so we either fake the fights or put pads on the duelers.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13412233 -

Well when I was 12/13-ish it was cool. Then in college I got back into it because my roommate started putting Monday Night RAW on. The reason being simply that it's entertaining due to the sheer insanity taking place. But of course we grew out of that as well.

I think the real reason it's popular is simply due to the overwhelming amount of under-educated, white trash Americans that love this type of shit.


--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: F0SS1L]
    #13412241 -

its just a drama with fighting added to it, i dont understand it eathier but why are the daytime dramas on all  the local channels in the afternoon popular?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: Mind Transcribing]
    #13412248 -

Mind Transcribing said:
Because nobody has the balls to fight in gladiator arenas anymore, so we either fake the fights or put pads on the duelers.



having just lost the love of my life, i would gladly sign up to be a gladiator. Fight to the death. i'll put on a show.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: JesusGoneRogue]
    #13412265 -

I think it's actually immoral not to have gladiator arenas. It's human nature to fight and some people are just born to do it, while others like the fine chap above me or pushed into it by circumstance, regardless it's impossible to eliminate human nature; trying to suppress it by outlawing it is no long term fix.

We must end street fight prohibition, and organize and regulate our own arenas.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13412274 -

UFC > WWE by a million.


--------------------
There is a molecule for every purpose. There are only actions and reactions. Cut out the middle men. Everything I say is a lie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: Mind Transcribing]
    #13412283 -

Mind Transcribing said:
I think it's actually immoral not to have gladiator arenas. It's human nature to fight and some people are just born to do it, while others like the fine chap above me or pushed into it by circumstance, regardless it's impossible to eliminate human nature; trying to suppress it by outlawing it is no long term fix.

We must end street fight prohibition, and organize and regulate our own arenas.



this man speaks truth!! many people are born with a killer instinct. it's our animal gift. we need to accept what we are.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: destructo_low]
    #13412294 -

UFC would 100x better if there was no grappling/submissions. I'm not saying it's bad, but every single time I've turned it on and tried to give it a chance it has turned into some homo-erotic bullshit with two dudes hugging each other on the ground.


--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: F0SS1L]
    #13412350 -

F0SS1L said:
UFC would 100x better if there was no grappling/submissions. I'm not saying it's bad, but every single time I've turned it on and tried to give it a chance it has turned into some homo-erotic bullshit with two dudes hugging each other on the ground.



It's only homo erotic if you look at it in that perspective. What else do you do when another guy throws you to the ground, dude? "Oh shit man, time out, time out, let me get back up!" The only time I think anything about it being homo erotic are when the dudes are working for a good position and they wind up basically 69ing. Then I'm like aww shit man! Come on! My only pet peeve is when the dudes are on the ground basically lying there. If I was ever in that position I'd be beating the shit out of the dudes body. I'd punch, kick, heel, and elbow any part of him I could. It fucking hurts to have a muscle frogged. Why not be punching the dude's biceps and making them sore as fuck, or ramming your heels into his hips to soften them up as well? Most guys do that stuff, but that's the one percent.


--------------------
There is a molecule for every purpose. There are only actions and reactions. Cut out the middle men. Everything I say is a lie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13412353 -

Captain, you are on your 666th post by the way. :awesome:


--------------------
There is a molecule for every purpose. There are only actions and reactions. Cut out the middle men. Everything I say is a lie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: destructo_low]
    #13412372 -

Yeah I see what you mean. It's not that I find 2 guys grappling gay or that it even bothers me, I just think submissions are lame. If one guy gets thrown to the ground that's fine as long as they keep fighting. Meaning throwing punches/legs around. But I don't want to see a couple of guys rolling around on a mat while one tries to tie the other up in a submission. That's just boring to me.


--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: destructo_low]
    #13412384 -

Quote:
The only time I think anything about it being homo erotic are when the dudes are working for a good position and they wind up basically 69ing. Then I'm like aww shit man! Come on!



:dielaughing:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: F0SS1L]
    #13412397 -

Yeah it does get boring when they aren't doing anything. We all want to see a good ass beating haha. I want to see someone get a guy in a headlock and cut off the blood flow so well the guy doesn't even get a chance to tap out. This dude at work got me in a headlock and choked me out, and after I got up off the floor he let me do the same to him. I remember being able to watch my vision grey out for a good ten seconds before I dropped and stumbled back up, but when I got him in a headlock I literally clamped it down for about three seconds and he dropped to the ground.


--------------------
There is a molecule for every purpose. There are only actions and reactions. Cut out the middle men. Everything I say is a lie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: destructo_low]
    #13412429 -



--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: destructo_low]
    #13412445 -

destructo_low said:
Captain, you are on your 666th post by the way. :awesome:




Jesus H christ I missed it. Good call


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13412452 -

Pro Wrestling is lame, but this shit blows my mind (MMA):



--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: Poid]
    #13412456 -

World Wrestling Entertainment is 'The Young and the Restless' for dudes. /thread

Good kick.


--------------------

Edited by WScott (10/30/10 10:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: F0SS1L]
    #13412490 -

F0SS1L said:
Well when I was 12/13-ish it was cool....



....I think the real reason it's popular is simply due to the overwhelming amount of under-educated, white trash Americans that love this type of shit.





Yup...I was into it for a very short time, 6 months or so, back when I was 12-13.



Flipping through the channels the other day I saw it on TV, and was amazed that it was still around, and the fact that there was still a shitload of people actually going to see it live..WTF? I don't know a single person, or even know a person that knows some other person that watches it...





You said it, I think the biggest demographic that watches this nonsense is white trash America.



Fuck Yea! 


:FattyNoneck:


:bucktoothfattygangsta:












*Though a couple months ago me and a couple buddies came across some sorta wrastlin' on TV while we were flying high on L, needless to say hysterical laughter ensued for quite some time :rofl2: .






.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know why the WWE/WWF is popular? [Re: laserpig]
    #13412510 -

That knock out was priceless dude. That's some shit you'd see in a karate movie, but that shit was completely real.


--------------------
There is a molecule for every purpose. There are only actions and reactions. Cut out the middle men. Everything I say is a lie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I saw The Wrestler the other day. PyroBurns 1,255 15 01/21/09 10:50 AM
by PyroBurns
* Wrestling on Sci-FI channel motamanM 1,903 18 07/29/08 03:02 PM
by Ferris
* Ex-Wrestler In 'Bodyslam' Killing At OAP Home LobsterSauceDiscord 1,007 5 03/09/09 08:48 PM
by Set
* wwe wrestling.... CaptainH13 542 4 02/24/06 09:26 PM
by SourceLimit
* Completing Rube Goldberg Series One (New Machine Inside!)
( 1 2 3 all )
Apollyphelion 3,666 40 02/05/11 08:33 AM
by Apollyphelion
* WWE at 1A.M. - raccoon style ToTheSummit 541 1 04/16/07 09:51 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* who here watches wwe?
( 1 2 all )
Cellzaa 1,868 32 08/04/15 08:18 PM
by Janky Tits
* WWE is fake but it looks painful DebuteMachine 549 12 08/08/12 06:52 PM
by stayhigh89

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,744 topic views. 2 members, 9 guests and 61 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.