Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion?
    #13274467 -

Right off the bat: the Shroomery is an 18+ website, not just do we feel this is best but its also a legal requirement.

But - how do you feel about it? In the ideal world, would you raise, lower or remove the bar entirely? How many underage Shroomerites do you believe we have?

Poll time.

.
How old are you?
You may choose only one
Have you at any time been a member of the Shroomery while underage?
You may choose only one
How do you feel about the current limit of 18+ years old for membership?
You may choose only one
How many of out posting members do you think are underage?
You may choose only one
What lower age limit would you enforce for Shroomery membership if it were al up to you?
You may choose only one


Votes accepted from 10/01/10 10:11 AM until the end of time
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll



--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: Asante]
    #13274487 -

25

No

Not ok

20%

23 or older

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: Asante]
    #13274491 -

Either there are A LOT of underage kids, or there is A LOT of immaturity (probably both). Either way, its no bueno.


--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: Asante]
    #13274498 -

I think 18 is a good age, at least in the US because at that age you are considered liable for your actions.


--------------------
Push th' little daisies and make 'em come up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: DeadHearts]
    #13274509 -

Oh and of course...





Poll results are NEVER investigated to find underage members but if you admit to being under 18, even in jest..



--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: Asante]
    #13274513 -

It think the 18+ age limit is a good idea as it limits the Shroomery from legal liability, Of course, it is an arbitrary age to say someone is mature. Some are mature mentally at 13 or so, and some don't mature mentally until they're a lot older.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #13274518 -

ya 18+ is good.

even though some 16 year olds are more mature then some 40 year olds...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: misos]
    #13274521 -

i think you should have to prove your age some way..

maybe it should be a supporter based membership, you pay $5-20 a year, this way you are sure to have someone that is 18+ because they need a card to register, plus the support is mandatory so there is some extra cash for the site..


--------------------
Synocybin's Penis Envy Grow Log!
OUTDOOR SPENT TRAY GROW PICS!!
X7X Grow Log

Luigi on Shrooms said:
Its been 4weeks since i cased what is going on?
i used human manure(mine) vermiculite and coco coir

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: Asante]
    #13274537 -

I like the limit where it is.  Years ago, on another account I joined before I was 18, but I wasn't a fucking asshat about it so I never got found out.

It's good for the legal cover, and good to get rid of idiots if they let their true colors shine through.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: Synocybin]
    #13274544 -

i dont think many people would feel comfortable giving any "prof" of their age...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: P-O]
    #13274555 -

PostiveOutlook said:
i dont think many people would feel comfortable giving any "prof" of their age...



for obvious reasons.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: circularvortex]
    #13274556 -

Weird how 21 was left out of the poll? what with 18 and 21 being the most common cutoff limits.


--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang




I just dont really care what you think

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: P-O]
    #13274561 -

Yeah that wouldn't go over too well.

That said, I'm 21, and believe the 18+ age restriction to be necessary.

And what's with the jump from 20 to 23?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #13274573 -

ToiletDuk said:
It think the 18+ age limit is a good idea as it limits the Shroomery from legal liability, Of course, it is an arbitrary age to say someone is mature. Some are mature mentally at 13 or so, and some don't mature mentally until they're a lot older.



We shouldn't discriminate by age at all.

I vote that there should be a douche-bag test, a phag gauntlet, if you will.  If the gauntlet gets you, you're cannon fodder!:laugh:

And no retakes




ever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: NetDiver]
    #13274575 -

In earlier polls I noticed that 18-20 and 20-23 are very distinct groups of Shroomerites.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: Asante]
    #13274582 -

i think ruffly about 1 in 20 users are underage and the problem is only going to get worse.  I think on the signup page there should be a warning like underage users are heavily investigated, those found underage will be back traced and parents notified, that should scare about half of them away


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: Asante]
    #13274593 -

Wiccan_Seeker said:
In earlier polls I noticed that 18-20 and 20-23 are very distinct groups of Shroomerites.



No big surprise there, really. That's what I would think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #13274648 -

makaveli8x8 said:
i think ruffly about 1 in 20 users are underage and the problem is only going to get worse.  I think on the signup page there should be a warning like underage users are heavily investigated, those found underage will be back traced and parents notified, that should scare about half of them away



back traced and referred to

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: Synocybin]
    #13274678 -

Synocybin said:
this way you are sure to have someone that is 18+ because they need a card to register..




that would also turn away plenty of 18+ people who don't have a card.  just being over 18 doesn't mean you have a credit/debit card. I'm 25 and I don't have either, can't afford it.  I don't even have a bank account cuz I can't afford it.  I've got 3 job interviews coming in the next week or so but its been years since i've been able to land steady work so I've had to cancel everything I once had.

being over 18 by no means implies that you have a credit card. thats a silly assumption. i know dozens of well over 18 people who don't have credit/debit cards or even bank accounts. being over 18 also doesn't necessarily mean that you can afford to pay to be a member of an internet forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Underage shroomerites - whats your opinion? [Re: NetDiver]
    #13274799 -

i  understand that legally we have to keep it at 18, but I believe information should be available to anyone who wants it.  Not necessarily the forums, but anyone who wants to learn about mushrooms should be entitled.  But, let's face it, you think an age limit is gonna stop anyone from registering anonymously?  Keep it at 18, and if you're dumb enough to mention your age get kicked off


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Shroomerite Age Poll
( 1 2 3 all )
Mighty Bop 2,777 58 08/21/05 03:26 PM
by blissedout
* I called a shroomerite. CaRnAgECaNdYS 1,076 9 03/31/05 08:27 PM
by chinadoll
* N64 Gauntlet ROM holeclams 1,051 10 09/28/08 10:19 AM
by Nemo_Hoes
* Meeting a shroomerite today!! CaRnAgECaNdYS 726 9 12/16/04 05:42 PM
by downforpot
* Your opinion needed PsilocybeSmuggla 481 9 11/27/05 09:26 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* There and Back Again: A Shroomerites Tale
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 13,131 50 02/10/07 11:16 PM
by Dreamer987
* Shroomerite boys!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
Gillette 11,931 281 06/27/05 11:37 AM
by RandalFlagg
* Need advice from Shroomerite girls
( 1 2 3 all )
silversoul7 9,249 57 09/23/03 04:08 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,424 topic views. 7 members, 35 guests and 306 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.069 seconds spending 0.038 seconds on 27 queries.