Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook?
    #13273670 -

I have been wondering if anyone out there is like me and hasn't yet surrendered their soul to social networking?

I seem like I am the only person on this earth without one, even my mum has one.

So please tell me I'm not alone. :crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Pandemonium]
    #13273676 -

I was all against it before but now I find it handy to keep up with people.

There's always laughs to be had on it too. Getting tagged in drunken photos from nights out that I don't remember:grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Pandemonium] * 1
    #13273679 -

I don't have one and probably never will. There's not that many people I would want to keep tabs on and I don't want my personal information plastered all over the web. besides, I think having one is shameless trend-whoring.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #13273687 -

I use it to share/discover new music and whatnot... it can be a really good tool if you add people that are into similar stuff.  It doesn't have to be about following people you went to high school with and don't give two shits about.


--------------------
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: sirdonut]
    #13273689 -

Dont do it man, just dont.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Pandemonium]
    #13273699 -

I use it for things like getting some friends out to do stuff. Ill put up a notice or update...whatever its called saying "Im golfing at 5 on saturday, who wants to come?" By the time saturday comes around Ill have all sorts of people hitting me up to golf. That way I dont have to call a buddy "Hey you wanna golf this saturday...no? Alright then". Call up another friend "Hey you wanna golf...no?" On and on...

Or "Im going to the bar tonight". Instead of calling up friends to see what theyre doing or asking if people want to come...Ill show up at the bar with groups of friends waiting for me. Its handy as fuck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Pandemonium]
    #13273725 -

I have one, I check it every month or so; it's good for some things in my opinion.

Obsessively checking it kinda freaks me out, though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Brugman]
    #13273739 -

You're not alone, I don't have one either.  And I'm ok with that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #13273756 -

ToiletDuk said:
I don't have one and probably never will. There's not that many people I would want to keep tabs on and I don't want my personal information plastered all over the web. besides, I think having one is shameless trend-whoring.



QFT, taken the words right outta my mouth!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Abuse]
    #13273766 -

In my experience most people use facebook as a way to keep tabs on people and to flirt with people they once liked. It makes it way too easy and it's acceptable by their partners who are unaware to who all these men/women are they look up from the past. Facebook is full of whores/cheaters. I read some where it's more than 30% of the users have used facebook to meet or sleep with people other than their wives and husbands :shrug: That being said I don't have one, it's just a place for people to do evil most of the time.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Pandemonium]
    #13273793 -

Nope, don't have one either. Its just another way for big brother to keep track of you.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Asante]
    #13273806 -

nope ill never get one but my mom has one also. I dont need one. I have a cell if my friends want to know what im doing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Asante]
    #13273824 -

Never had one, never had a myspace

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Its just another way for big brother to keep track of you.



Sounds like you may have downgraded to a tin foil hat admin :smirk:

Seriously though how exactly can big brother keep track of me if I have facebook??


--------------------
Life without drugs lacks substance(s).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Pandemonium]
    #13273843 -

Pandemonium said:
I have been wondering if anyone out there is like me and hasn't yet surrendered their soul to social networking?

I seem like I am the only person on this earth without one, even my mum has one.

So please tell me I'm not alone. :crazy2:



Facebook was created for morons by smart people who were clever enough to realize the world is populated by morons..


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: mikeisapro]
    #13273848 -

mikeisapro said:
Never had one, never had a myspace

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Its just another way for big brother to keep track of you.



Sounds like you may have downgraded to a tin foil hat admin :smirk:

Seriously though how exactly can big brother keep track of me if I have facebook??


Facebook searches key words and images to track things about you based on race, religion ethnic back round and age . In other words it's like target marketing for the government. Not only do the users do evil but corporations and big bro profit from it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Pandemonium]
    #13274049 -

The worst part about facebook is that it creates a false sense of self-esteem for the kids. Eventually they'll grow up only to find out that in reality nobody gives a shit about their pathetic lives or cares about the party they just got drunk at. Facebook is like watching Kirstey Alley's reality tv show.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #13274084 -

I don't have one either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #13274088 -

ArmFromTheAbyss said:
The worst part about facebook is that it creates a false sense of self-esteem for the kids. Eventually they'll grow up only to find out that in reality nobody gives a shit about their pathetic lives or cares about the party they just got drunk at. Facebook is like watching Kirstey Alley's reality tv show.


:lol: Well when you find out your girl is talking to her ex on facebook and actually looked him up that will be the last of your worries. Facebook is usually a way for people to do trashy and slutty shit. Fuck that network.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Maurer]
    #13274114 -

I used Facebook for friends that never use IM services other than FaBo Chat. Luckily, I recently learned you can use the XMPP protocol in Pidgin to log into it; 'tis useful.


--------------------
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong”  -Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I the only person on this earth without a facebook? [Re: Asante]
    #13274201 -

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Nope, don't have one either. Its just another way for big brother to keep track of you.



or just anyone in general. My buddy was showing me a few of the "super headie lot thugs" from back in the day and you just put the cursor over there pic and BOOM ! up pops there government name.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Facebook deletes popular school shooter group
( 1 2 all )
Conservationist 4,413 33 11/10/07 07:38 PM
by sleepy
* facebook operated by the CIA, and dpt of defense?
( 1 2 all )
CptnGarden 3,822 23 08/23/07 07:58 PM
by Gumby
* My friend made me a facebook Hyper_Panda_GO 1,260 9 10/04/07 11:17 PM
by juende
* Facebook Gumby 2,267 15 03/21/07 05:04 PM
by Gr8fulJ420
* my girl dumped me for someone she ran into on facebook nuGGs 2,056 15 07/11/07 11:20 PM
by Cowgold
* FaceBook guri 1,047 10 02/13/06 04:20 PM
by DieCommie
* Myspace/facebook blackguy 960 6 08/05/07 06:28 PM
by dirtworshipper
* The Facebook! UmmGood 553 4 12/28/04 10:41 PM
by juende

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,893 topic views. 6 members, 48 guests and 60 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.064 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.